I'd Still Rather Have a Tiara - Redmond, Wa

I am pleased to report that this mornings crown...

I am pleased to report that this mornings crown prep appointment went very well…of course I was on nitrous so that certainly makes everything seem better. Now if I could just keep my tongue off my temporary crown!

Due to packed schedules and vacations on both me & my dentist's part my permanent crown won't be placed until mid July. I'm hoping this little temporary will stay on that long!

Overall this has been a much better experience than my first crown that I had placed about two years ago. With that one I chewed my cheek up a bit while I was numb so when the anesthetic wore off it was pretty uncomfortable. Plus a little bit of cement was left in between the teeth & irritated the heck out of my gums. Of course, it was the first one I had placed, so I didn't really know any better. So far I'm a much happier camper this go around!

Updated June 23rd 2011

There was a cancellation in the schedule so they were able to get me in this morning. I now have my permanent crown on. It looks and feels great so far! My gums are a touch irritated, and I can feel there is a little bit of cement between my teeth, but I think that will be easily resolved as soon as I get my hands on some floss. I didn't have any problems with the temporary, so the whole procedure was pretty uneventful.

Updated July 16th 2011

Today I received mail from Dr. Files office. When I opened the envelope, much to my surprise, there was a check refunding me $102.25. What a great little surprise, especially since the fee I was originally charged was in line with what I would expect to be charged for that procedure. I appreciate the integrity this shows and only further reinforces my confidence in the care I receive from Dr. Files and his staff.

DR. Jeff Files

Dr. Files has been my dentist for the last few years. I have always received excellent care from him and his staff. He keeps up on new techniques and is always aware of the latest technology. I am an extremely picky person with a dental background and I have been nothing but pleased with the aesthetics of the two crowns Dr. Files has placed for me.

Oh, and the funny thing is I'm such a lightweight that by the end of the procedure I was feeling pretty good and started batting at the nose piece to get it off, then kind of realized what I was doing & got a bit embarrassed, haha!

Nitrous for a crown? Woot! I want to go to your dentist. ;)