Swelling - Delray Beach, FL

I went to a great plastic surgeon and have had in...

I went to a great plastic surgeon and have had in the past other procedures and quite familar with the swelling. A face lift can have 3-6 months of swelling and a good solution is to have your doctor to prescribe prednisone and cephalexin 500 mg. You shpuld take every opportunity to ice pack up to first 3 mos. Additionally, wear your wraps is very important at night when you sleep and even a few hours during the day. YOu will be very pleased several mos from now.

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great advice. I am scheduled for my second facelift--the first done ten years ago. Thanks for the suggestion about corticosteroids. The bag of frozen peas and arnica montana and bromeliad have been my companions during earlier procedures. I will definitely check with my ps about the corticosteroids.
Glad you had such a positive experience.
I had taken it for two months or a little over ... The reason for the prednisone was to be able to get an idea of how it was going to look and I went to work as a result of the swelling reduction. Let me explain, the cephalaxin 500 mg has some synergistic affect with the Prednisone 10 mg both taken three times a day. Also I learned from my surgeon that frozen vegetables are great for ice packing as they maintain temperature well and long periods time with light weighted affects on face. I have even used frozen lima beans in a large bag or peas. When you take the Prednisone it reduces swelling for as long as you take it and you will see better the results. There will be very little swelling remaining after you start. This is a corticosteroid. The primary use of this medicine commonly is to get swelling down or even stop allergic reactions for allergy sufferers. I would not advise long term use more than the healing period up to six months. I will work well and you will want to keep taking it. BTW I had fat transfers, cheek implant and face lift. I am happy thus far. Dr Triana is a great surgeon... very up to date on his techniques. Progressive :) Good Luck you will see results in a day or two after you begin the meds. You wont want to stop taking this med until you are healed once you start though :)

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice. This is really helpful! How long were you on prednisone and cephalexin?