Rockin Bod! - Del Mar, CA

I am a 24 year old female and had full body...

I am a 24 year old female and had full body Liposuction when I was 21. Now, before you stop reading I have to say that my results were absolutely amazing and worth sharing. Although I was young, I was about 30+ lbs overweight, depressed and very unhappy with my body image. I went to Dr. Chasan in La Jolla CA (now located in Del Mar, CA) and he agreed to do my surgery as long as I tried to lose the weight first. What a solid doctor! I'm glad he pushed me to try first because it made my results that much better.

With the help and motivation from Dr. Chasan, I worked hard and lost about 10 lbs. I went into surgery a size 10 @ 141 lbs and came out with a rockin size 2 body @ 122 lbs. I had all areas around my thighs, tummy, knees, hips, and arms done. As far as recovery time and pain, mine was minimal. All I remember was thinking how amazing I would look in 30 days and that was enough to keep my pain at a stand still. I did have bruising and pain as expected but it wasn't like any of the horror stories I have heard before. I moved slowly and had to have help from friends and family for a few weeks but being pampered during this time isn't the worst thing ;)

A few concerns I did have were how I was going to scar/smoothness of my skin & gaining the weight back. I am half Spanish and half Italian.... for the most part that mixture is not favorable (the Spanish side likes to scar bad and the Italian side likes to EAT!) I am happy to say that after 3 years I have not gained my weight back and my body has adjusted well. Obviously when you get out of surgery the only places on your body that are skinnier are the ones that are worked on, however after about 6 months the rest of my body caught up with the other skinnier parts. My face thinned, my calves thinned, and I even went down a half shoe size (crazy I know).

I wanted to share my experience and story because it was life changing! Dr. Chasan and his staff gave me a second chance at experiencing life as a normal, healthy weighted woman. No other doctor could have done what Dr. Chasan accomplished with my body and I would not go to anyone but him. Feel free to ask any questions :)

TIPS/Advice:

1. Know your Surgeon! Ask questions and do research!
2. Be healthy and proactive with a good exercise regime BEFORE surgery
3. Have Aftercare-- Overnight nurse and low-sodium diet during recovery period

Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chasan and his staff were all very professional in their opinions and care. I had regular visits and check ups with him and nurses during recovery. overall I would not have changed anything! Thank you Ranch and Coast!