Gastrectomy Sleeve -Decatur, GA

6days till surgery date Jan 2 , 2014. Pre surgery...

6days till surgery date Jan 2 , 2014. Pre surgery weight 267.I am happy, excited, nervous, and scared. I have made the choice to have the gastrectomy sleeve. I am praying everything goes well.I am so ready for the brand new me wish me well. I am happy i am taking charge of my life and finally doing whats best for me????
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

If you don't mind sharing, what's your current weight? Do you have family/friends to support you through this?

I had mine September 25th and while it's not an easy journey, it has definitely been worth it so far. Good luck and please do keep us updated with your progress!

3 days poat op

I had my surgery everything went. I have alot of abdominal pain and pressure. I have my first post op appt Jan. 10. I am thankful and ready for my nee lifestyle change.
My current weight prior to surgery 264. My fiance is my biggest supporter. My parents and siblings are not very supportive at all. But I have to do what's best for me.
I'm so glad your surgery went well and you're on the other side, congratulations! How are you feeling?

almost two weeks post op

I am down 20 pounds. Still a little sore. I can't drink my protein shakes they make me nausea. I take all liquid vitamins they make nausea. I now eat protein bars I chew them very well and fine. The super b complex liquid vitamin is so disgusting it turns my urine and everything dark yellow. But other than that all is well. I get to start work out this week so I'm excited.
Dr.Scott Steinberg

Dr.Steinberg is a great surgeon. He is very thorough making sure you understand all the procedures. So that you make the right choice. He sits and talks to you and answer any questions.