Daddy's Girl

My name is April. I’m 30 years old. I recently...

My name is April. I’m 30 years old. I recently got a tattoo that I have soooooo many mixed feeling about. This is my story……

On March 1st, my best friend and I went to go get tattoos. She got a humming bird for her grandmother who just passed, and I got mine, a tribute to my father.

My tattoo is on my chest/shoulder area. It says “Daddy’s girl.” The tattoo is all black with very small about of red, yellow, and white. Its about 4 inches long. It also has a devils tail, and a little halo. Honestly, I love the tattoo, It has meaning, It’s of good quality, It’s what I wanted. However, It’s just too BIG and not it the right spot. When the stencil was on it looked so much smaller than what it turned out to be. Its very dark, and very shocking.

I can’t really blame the artist… TOO MUCH. I think I should have been more detailed with him. Im just more upset with myself than anything. What freaks me out the most is that when I wear a normal shirt the tattoo shows. (thus why I wanted it more on my shoulder) First of all I work in a hospital, and second I want the option of showing people my tattoo. Not having random people see a portion of it and ask what it is or to see it.

I’m teetering between, having the full tattoo removed or just a portion. The tattoo artist put shading in the tattoo that I defiantly did NOT want, and did NOT ask for. So this WILL be removed. I’m also contemplating on having the swirl in the D, the devils tail, and the halo removed. I want to make the tattoo as small as possible without removing the words. (because I really am a daddys girl lol)

I have done so much “internet” researching and I’m not sure what to believe and what not to believe. WHERE TO GO!? I live in Wisconsin and there are very limited places that do tattoo removal. I found a guy who travels to 8 different locations… http://www.cosmeticlasercenterswi.com , however I do not think he is a doctor. I don’t want to risk having a nice tattoo turning it’s a scar or something of the sort. I do live an hour away from mayo Rochester and will be contacting them today for info. >> (PS. I have contacted them… what a Joke. Its done in there dermatology dept. They require a referral. Consult is NOT free. They require payment in full. I think ill pass Mayo)

I’m going to document my journey. I want to help others in my situation. It’s a very stressful ordeal. And unless this has happened to you… you have no idea how it feels. I was SOOO upset the moment the tattoo was done. I started looking into laser tattoo removal the moment I got home. I was physically sick for 3 days! Like PUKING sick. I had a headache. I didn’t want to leave my house. I have been very depressed and cry a lot. Its been 22 days and I still won’t wear a shirt that shows the tattoo. I’m almost dreading summer… my favorite time of year. I feel I ruined my beautiful body! :(

Please share anything that will help me through this difficult time. Any input about the removal, healing, scars, doctors, lasers, ect… I would really appreciate it.

~ April in Wisconsin

Hi April, have you made any decisions yet on removal? The one suggestion I have is don't rush the decision, as once you begin you can't stop. Yesterday I was looking on this site called last sparrow, they have lots of examples of tattoo removal, and shading is so easy to remove, like 1-2 session I saw examples of drastic results. The laser can really pin point what you want removed too, so you can be very specific. I hope you are feeling better :)
Hello, and thank you. I am feeling better. Sounds silly but I try not to look at it. Im still debating however I think Im going with the total removal. I thought that i might even like it faded some. Idk tho. Its such a crummy situation. I went to the last sparrow but seemed to be more of tattooing itself. Where do you go from the home page?

Im going for my first session in 2 days! Im...

Im going for my first session in 2 days! Im nervous, excited, scared, hopeful, and anxious. Eeeekkkkk!
Exciting! Best of luck to you...and you will do just fine. I can sense you have a wonderful spirit Keep us posted :)

I had my first laser removal session yesterday. I...

I had my first laser removal session yesterday. I want to say .. It was EASY BREEZY!! My technician had a cooling machine, and I could hardly even feel the laser zaps. To anyone interested in getting removal. Look for technicians who have this cooling machine.

It took 5 minutes to freeze the skin, and 5 minutes to remove the tattoo. Before I knew it I was on my way home. I was able to go shopping, and continue with my day. There was a little discomfort, but nothing unbearable. After about 2 hours or so I started to form blisters in the colored areas of the tattoo. He advised me to expect this. He said that with color he needs to turn the laser up. Before bed I took a serialized needle and popped the blisters. I have been using aloe for healing and to keep the area moist.
Now I will go through the healing process. I will wait for the extreme itch that everyone talks about. :)

I’m excited for more sessions. He said it would be aprox 8 sessions total… only 7 more to go. HOPEFUL.

we have the same situation, theres only part of my tattoo that i wanted to be removed. because its untidy. keep it up. ill be waiting for your updates and photos. just had my 1st treatment last friday. and it itchy but no blisters cause it just 2 inch and thin i guess.. good luck. we can do it! :)
How exciting!!! I am happy for you to have started the process and with you all the best with your removal, it will work :)

New Picosure laser.

Hello everyone! Its been 12 days since my last laser session. I wanted to give you all an update!

So, I went to Phoenix and had a treatment with the new picosure laser. The place I went to was VERY clean, and VERY nice. Everyone I worked with was helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I only had to wait about 5 minutes, and then took me back to the “laser” room.

First they injected the tattoo with numbing solution. I was not a fan of this. The injections were very painful! In the past I used the cooling method and like that WAY better. The injections left the tattoo bruised and swollen for about 5 days. So if you have an option... go with the cooling machine!

They started to laser the tattoo. They used the new picosure on the black and a different laser on the red. I didn’t feel much of anything due to the injections. There was a faint smell of burning skin lol, but over all a good experience. They bandaged the tattoo up, and I went on my way.

About 4 hours later I took the bandage off. The tattoo looked the same as the first laser removal session. The tattoo was a little raised, but hardly any blisters. The red ink had the most blisters. I believe they have to use a higher frequency on the red ink. Then, I noticed that they didn’t do the shading. I was disappointed with this! I paid $350.00 for the removal and they did not do the full tattoo! I was going to call about this but decided against it.

I keep the tattoo covered, and out of the sun. I keep healing ointment and lotion on the tattoo at all times. I even lotion the tattoo after it is healed. I noticed at about day 5 the skin started to peel. Also, the ink was peeling off with the skin! (I was excited about this!) I can’t remember if this was the case in my first laser removal session. I’m at day 12 now. The tattoo is healing nicely. It itches some, but not unbearable. I just keep it moist and put anti-itch cream on it.

The laser didn’t seem any more or less traumatic on my skin. Seemed about the same as my first session. Do I think the picosure laser was worth?? Not really!! Maybe because it was only 1 session, but I didn’t notice a HUGE difference. They way they talk about this laser it was expecting dramatic results. I have posted a picture for you all to look at an judge yourself. Thanks for reading! Next appointment July 13th with the “normal” laser.
Thanks for the update, great info!

Session 3.

Hello again!

I had session 3! My waiting time was about 5 minutes. He used the cooling machine which I LOVE. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. BUT WOWZA this time was much different. He must have cranked up the laser! I had pin point bleeding and the tattoo blistered immediately. It hurts much more that the last two times, but I’m ok with this. Just makes me hopeful that the tattoo will soon be gone. Like normal I use bactine to clean and wash really well with dial soap. I use antibiotic ointment and cover with gauze. The picture I have included is about 24 hours after treatment. Sorry, I know it’s a little gross, but it’s the reality of tattoo removal.
Best of luck! I was thinking I must be the biggest wimp out there... they use the cooling machine for me too and it doens't help a bit! Then I read the latest review and now you're getting a good dose!! I dread all of my treatments...thankfully it is only every 8 weeks. :)
Right! He said it will take about 8 treatments. Only 5 more to go :D
Thats good that they turned up the laser.did you use the picosure again?

After the 3rd session.

New picture is 3 weeks after my 3rd treatment .
Looks great!
Thank you! Im hopeful. Even if its not gone all the way.. Im ok with that. I just looked at your chest tattoo. WOW.. what results!!! Thats awesome!!!
You have nice fading.how many picosure treatments have you had?

Session 4

Amazing results  - WOW!!!

Session 5

We're sessions 3,4,5 with the picosure laser?
No, I only had 1 session with the picosure laser. (session 2)

Session 5

Just checked out your review again, and you have awesome fading! You might be done in a few treatments! Yay for you! :)

I Sure see some fading, big changes happening! Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Finally some truth about the picosure. It is all HYPE. I have looked at pics and stories and seen no difference.

Session 6

Wow! I love your progress. How is tattoo fading now? :)
And also, did he do all colors at the same time. A place I am leaning towards said they would do all colors except red and start on that later
He did everything right away. He uses higher frequency on the red. It took really well. It was gone in like 5 treatments.

Session 7

Looks awesome! I'm going back for my 4th picosure treatment and I was wondering if you know or if you wouldn't mind calling to ask what laser was used on your red? Pretty please. I'm having a horrible time trying to get rid of my red and well, you know how it feels to try to stay patient.. You can private message me if you'd like. thank you so much! -keana
Looks great! Someone would have to be really close to you to even notice it, like kissing you. It doesn't scream out anymore. Great doctor. I learned my lesson over 40 years ago. I got a tattoo at fifteen and had it removed at eighteen. My mother liked it, and it was done professionally, but other people would make me feel unworthy to be in there presence, so I had it removed via skin graph. After reading some of these posts, I'm going to finely stop beating myself up for it, and forgive myself. I still have a scar from it, but what the hey, once they became mainstream about a decade ago, at least I didn't do it again. Good luck to you and thank you for sharing.
I know exactly how you feel. Thank you for the post. :)

Almost done! YAY!

So this took you about a year?
I'm at a year and 4 months.
:/ damnnnnn
Aaron Gabrielse

Online - http://www.cosmeticlasercenterswi.com/ He travels to 8 different locations.