It's my time!!! 2 kids & small weightloss, I want...

It's my time!!! 2 kids & small weightloss, I want my body back! I have been wanting this surgery for years now with heavily researching and watching this site for over 6 months. I had 2 consults the 1st week of March with Dr. Nijher, Ocala and Dr. Lentz, Daytona & made my decision to go with Dr. Lentz. Both had great personality and I clicked with both But Dr. Lentz was able to do more for me with his access to the hospital. I'm scheduled for a b/a, drainless tummy tuck with lipo of the hips, inner & outer thighs!

Hooray for no drains! Please keep us posted. I like how you've started the documentation process ahead of time. :)
The tt being drainless is do awesome. Not having to deal with those pain in the but things will make a huge difference. Lipoabdominoplasty is so superior!! Thrilled for you!
You won't be disappointed! He is the best! The hospital is amazing too! Excited for you! Just love the guy! He is so into his work. Pretty amazing after all these years. If you have any question just let me know. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can! :)

Pre op Packet

I got my pre op packet in the mail!! I'm super excited! It feels so surreal! ????

EXCITING!!!!!

46 days to go...

I'm getting so anxious waiting for my new tummy & boobs! I love reading everybody's journey it makes it harder to wait. I still need to buy all my recovery supplies. Not sure where to start. And what you can and can't really live without!

It's getting closer to summer and I'm dying to get bikini ready for the first time in my life!!!! That's right I don't think I have ever worn a bikini...lol

I agree! It's hard to wait! Hope the time passes by quickly for us both.
Your going to LOVE the new you!!! I personally can't believe how comfortable I am with my naked body. I am no longer self conscious in front of my husband. Sex in broad daylight ....bring it on! Lol. The husband loves it!! You are in the best hands. Dr Lentz is incredibly talented!! :)
Don't stress yourself out. You won't need that much. A must is a shower chair and a walker. Some people like a raised toliet seat. I bought one but never used it. Protein shakes, a couple of 4x4s a CG. You will get one from the dr but will need a smaller one afterwards. Ice pack. Eat alot of pineapple helps you heal. The dr will give you a couple of bras too. Scar cream comes later. Hopefully you have a recliner with lots of pillows. Healthy eating with low sodium. If you have any questions I can help. Another goodthing about no drains is you can shower the next day. Excited for you!

1 month until pre op

1 month exactly til my pre op appointment! I'm excited and scared and nervous and thrilled at the same time... so many emotions at once! I'm re reading my pre op packet and going over the Dos and donts!

Me too! I just got my labs done a couple of hours ago. Three blood tests and an EKG. Yikes. I think I'm going to wait for the results before I fill all the prescriptions.

30 days from today!!!

1 month to go! Today I met up with a super nice and awesome lady I met on RealSelf, that passed on her equipment she no longer needed! It was very much appreciated! a toilet seat riser, walker, shower chair and some compression garments & bras!! The coolest thing is she went to the same doctor I'm going to!

Wow how nice that you were able to meet up with someone you met on here. I love hearing great stories like that! Congrats and good luck with your upcoming surgery! I know you will have fantastic results!! =D
Thank you! You look fantastic!
Time will fly by now! ;) exciting!!

Question time!

Something light and easy to get off and on. Sweats and zip up tops. Take to hospital and wear home. I went to good will and bought comfy clothes just for post op. Worked great. Where binder to work you will need the support!! Getting closer! ;)

pant size

I have 18 days til the flat side! I'm wondering all you ladies what size where you before your tummy tuck and what size are you now? I'm uploading a few before pics in my clothes for comparison later. I'm currently 147lbs & size 8/10.

We are both getting the same surgery done on the same day! Good luck to you! I can't wait, I'm driving myself crazy with emotions ;)
Wide leg pajamas. I had to go home with a catheter so the wide leg gave the bag somewhere to go. I started at 150 lbs, size 10. Im just 5'2" doc said he tiok off about 5 lbs of fat and skin.

2 more weeks!

2 more weeks to go! I'm so anxious, nervous & excited! I got all my stuff taken care of.... hotel, supplies, clothes & such! Pre op next week and payment in full.. Yikes! But I know it's gonna be totally worth it. Thanks RealSelf family for making me feel it's possible!

Exciting!

Happy Mother's Day! single digit count down...

Single digits folks! Woo Hoo! Only 9 more days left looking at this infamous nasty flub hanging over my pants! :( I'm so ready to get this off of me!

Exciting!! I'm going to see the good Dr tomorrow for a ck up!!
How did everything go at the dr.? Have you had any complications, questions or concerns at any of your post op appts?
Everything is going great. One area of concern is the inner thighs are a little dimply due to extensive agressive lipo. Not sure if they will smooth or not. Everthing else is good. No long need to see "the man" :) super close to your time!! Exciting!!

Pre op

Happy hump day! Got to spend the day with my wonderful husband as today was my pre op appt at the surgeons & the hospital! Paid for in FULL... $0 balance! I'm glad I called the bank to verify if the transaction would go thru at the dr.s office. They said no, not for that amount. so I had to get a cashiers check yesterday last minute. Today we decided on 400cc for my left and 425cc for the right subglandular . Everyone at Florida Hospital was so kind and genuine. Answered all questions we had. They were amazing to work with. I am to arrive at 5:30am next Wednesday and the surgery should take about 7 hrs they told me. I'm thrilled with my choice in procedures and the surgeon!

Very exciting! I can't wait to see your post op pics!! You are gonna look fantastic!!!

pre op day pic

We are the same day!!! Can't wait to see your amazing results. We can heal together...lol
Recovery buddies! Is your tummy tuck drainless? Good luck to you!
So exciting!!! The best to you!!:) you are going to love your results!!

Less than 24hrs

Less than 24hrs to go! I'm packing and getting ready for the 1.5hr ride over to Daytona Beach. Hotel? Meds? Clothes? Husband? I think I got it all! Tomorrow at 5:30am... YIKES!! See ya'll on the flat side!

Best wishes! Can't wait to see an update!
Good luck!! See you on the flat side!! Hang in there!! Your in my thoughts!! :)
Best wishes and see you on the flat side!

home from the hospital

Ok I'm out of the hospital and made the 1.5 hr drive home today. I'm a big sissy cause it hurts really bad! I m resting in the bed & very tired. I didn't get to sleep in the hospital since they come check on you ever 2 hrs. The Dr. wants me walking every 1 hr for circulation. I got a sneek peek cause I had to take a shower to leave the hospital but was to nauseated to take pics. I'll take some soon! Night night!

I was so nauseous too when I first got home although I went home soon after surgery. Crazy to think about that now anyway I am so happy you made it to the flat side and are home too start your recovery. you will feel much better as each day passes. Can't wait to see pics! !!!
Oh and keep on schedule with you're pain meds. You will be glad you did!
Good to hear you are home! Keep up on those meds and make sure to eat a little. I had a bowel of dry Rice Chex next to my bed at all times. I also did well with simple protein shakes (peach, banana, pineapple, almond milk and protein powder). Keep us posted. And happy that you are on the flat side!

Post op day 1 pix

Post op day 1 pix

You look great!
Thank you! I'm glad you are feeling well!
Your pics look great! Hope you're feeling better! Can't wait till we are about 2 weeks post op. This walking hunched over and depending on others for everything sux! Are you on any good pain killers?

2 days post op pix

Just getting ready for a shower. Feeling much better. That's my Hubby getting ready to shower me. I used my shower chair...and let me jus say you definitely need one of those. I was able to do a lot of the washing and shampooing. I love my new body already & it not even to its full potential!! Dr. Lentz is an incredible artist!

You are looking great!
You are looking great already! I never got the shower chair but I can see how it would have been very helpful. Keep the pics coming. It is great to see your progress!
Congrats on your surgery. ... you look fabulous! !

4 days post op

Feeling better and better each day. doing more and more than the day before. Feeling a little more like myself. Slowly standing up right. Just aches and tenderness. I haven't taken a narcotic since the hospital stay. Just my Naproxen & Robaxin & arnica & bromelain. Eating small meals more often. love my pineapples and watermelon. Coughing hurts like a mother and I cough at least twice when I wake up I hug a pillow against my stomach 1st.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

One more

Here is another pic

Your results look great !
Looking great! Can't wait to see what you look like after a month.
You look great! Have you not had very much pain or just wanting to avoid the narcotic? I tried to stop taking them early even though I still had pain. I didn't like how they made me feel. I think you look great! I can see the sculpting, there is some definition showing on your mid line on your abs. So cool! I also noticed we have the same (or very similar) wedding ring set!

1 week!!

Wow! It's been 1 week! I never thought I'd make it! It does get better each day. I was able to sleep on my side. And best of ALL give my husband and kids a real hug! My shower last night I was able to shower myself completely and shave but supervised (my hubby enjoys watching) with help getting out and drying. I was able to blow dry my hair!

Yesterday was my first whole day alone. I made lunch & snacks got my own drink, walking without my walker. I even left the house with my husband for the 1st time since surgery to go pick up our girls from school. It was refreshing!

I am thankful to be less dependent each day and I'm 100% confident in myself and with the decision to do this!!

looking so good! your husband is hilarious in that pic. But i see that your progressing and being able to stand up a little easier each pic! I can't wait to see more!
Looking Fabulous chicky!! Glad to hear you are doing great! :)
Thank you! :)

9 days more pix

So I went to my 1 week post op check up yesterday. Dr. Lentz said everything thing looks great. No fluid building up! Said I'm recovering great too! This time I took a shower and dried off with no help or supervision! Progress my friends! I feel amazing in side and out! I'm so happy I did this! Here is some pix in my bathing suit.

You look great! Awesome results, congrats!
Hi. I hope you're still loving your results. I too have had a consult with Dr. Nijher. I absolutely loved his staff and what he felt he could do for me. My biggest issue is that I feel that this procedure will be a life altering decision and I want to be sure to choose the right doctor. I have a list of doctors who I plan to consult with, Lentz being one of them. In case I happen to miss something that you were able to see when comparing both surgeons, can you give me your honest feelings regarding both Nijher, and Lentz and why you chose Dr. Lentz over Nijher. My biggest concerns are the scar placement and length of the TT scar (I want it low and more straight rather than curved up on the hips) and the placement of my nipples and areolas (I've noticed some breast's areolas and nipples point outward quite a bit). I look forward to hearing back from you in hopes of making this journey a little more nerve settling for me :)
Oh yes! This was the best decision I could have made! I'm so happy with my results and choosing Dr. Lentz!! I liked Nijher. Nothing bad to say. To me he is a surgeon that just does procedures (which his b&a pix look great) not a surgeon that is an artist that will sculpt your body. I choose Lentz because he's older and has been doing it longer. His drainless tummy tuck procedure which he wrote an article on ( I can email you if you'd like). His attention to detail. And the #1 reason he has access to the hospital so that more lipo could be done than vs. A surgical center. There was no restrictions on what he could and couldn't do to me. Nijher would only been able to do tummy and breast up to 1000cc. I'm not sure how many cc Lentz took but It was over 10lbs including my skin!! I wanted to be sculpted into something better. If i wouldn't of had the lipo I would have had fat rolls and thighs, but a flat stomach. Not to appealing after spending all this money. The reason for the elongated scares is to sculpt the waist and prevent dog ears. No surgery later. I hope this helps you with your journey! It's a personal decision and you have to go with who you feel comfortable with!

13 days post op

13 days post op! I'm wearing jeans!! Over my garments that is....lol back to work tomorrow! Not sure how it's going to go but hoping for the best!

Good luck going back to work! I went at post op day 16 and I was a little nervous, but eventually I got back in the grove. I actually think it helped me recover, even though I would swell up by the end of the day.
Looking fabulous girly!
Thanks so much!

2 weeks post. do my thighs look big?

2 weeks post op today! Back to work. This is me in my uniform... my back was achy from standing all day and not being able to straighten it. But I wasn't to tired or worn out. Even as I sit here my sides and legs are getting more sore. And I'm a little concerned about the upper thighs (saddle bag area) getting bigger over this past week. What do you think?

It's had to tell. Remember you are only 2 weeks out. Between 9 and 12 weeks you'll see. You are going to swell big time when you work. Plus you are just approaching "swell hell" your due. Passes though. I'm sure your just swollen. Looking great girl! Wishing you well. :)
Thanks! I had my 2 week with Lentz and he said the same thing...swelling! I know it too shall pass.
your belly button looks great! cant wait to see your updates!

I'm cleared!

I had my 2 week check up yesterday! I'm so stoked & so is my Dr. on how well i was feeling and how straight i was standing! He cleared me to do everything I did pre surgery minus core exercises!

This morning i picked up my 17 month old daughter for the first time in 2 weeks! Do you know the joy that brought to my heart?!?! I felt amazing!
I owe it all to feeding my body the nutrients it needs to heal every morning. Here is a pic if me in the morning enjoying my 2 favs!

A pic of my scar. Apparently I had glue on top of it with the dried blood and purple markings it looked hideous before. Well now the glue is removed and it looks great. Except one small spot on the side.

And... NO compression garment anymore! He said it won't hurt anything to not wear it but I would probably swell more. So I decided to go to Target and buy a high waisted over the sholder mid thigh garment. I decided to wear it and my binder to work all day and maybe nothing to bed. What do you think? I'll let u know what happens.

Looking good. What do you take for recovery? Is that Isagenix? I had to reschedule my BL bcz I had a bad reaction to Ativan I was vomiting and with diarrhea all night Dr Fiala decided to reschedule for 08/01 which was the soonest. I just want to get the BL done so I can then get my TT. I could have Dr Fiala do both at the same time but the drains and recovery time are making me lean toward Dr Lents for the TT. Will continue to follow and decide soon. Thank you for all the helpful info. At 16 days it is awesome that you are able to do so much.

Just some pix

I'm feeling excellent! Started my leg & butt workout yesterday...time to tighten and tone the jello! Lol This is the garment I've been wearing it's so comfy! I've been wearing my binder on and off and there is definitely more swelling without it.

You look great! Quick question... did you have lipo to outer and inner thighs? Im scheduled for inner but I'm over thinking and reconsidering.
Yes I had both. I wouldn't of done with out it! It makes a big difference to the appearance of the tummy tuck.
Ok good to know.... I need to talk to my PS!;)

4 weeks today!

4 weeks post op today! Feeling great! Still at 147.6 lbs Some days I wear my binder and some days I dont. I actually need to buy a medium as I'm on the tightest of the large and it's not as tight as I like it. I do have swelling later in the evening and it still feels weird & I'm still numb around my incision. I sleep on my sides and back with no discomfort now! Laid on my stomach once for a massage from my hubs but still scared to do it again. All my bottoms are too big and my tops fill out nicely!! Which is a good problem to have! :) Everyday I have my adaptogenic drink and my nutritional shakes! That's the key to a healthy recovery!

Your looking awesome!!! Quick question what's an adaptogenic drink?
Hi girly.... looking fabulous! Where do you get those shakes and are they just for recovery or will you continue with them? Thanks. Soo glad you're doing awesome! :)
My husband and I have actually been taking them for just over a year. After nursing my daughter I started taking them to lose weight. Lost 25lbs & 45" in 5 months time! He took them to gain lean muscle! We have been using them as a maintenance ever since! 1 shake a day with the adaptogenic shot every morning. ..the stress relief is noticeable! The reason why choose this company is it 100% whey protien, no soy, gluten free, no artificial ingredients or sweetners. It's ALL natural! If your interested send me a Txt and I can get you more info!

5 weeks

I can't believe it's already been 5 weeks! It seems like yesterday that it was the day after and I felt like I got hit by a train... i have come a long way. I feel 110% like self again. Doing everything like before. When I twist I feel the tightness pulling in my sides from my waist being contoured! I haven't started scar therapy yet, but I want to soon! Here's a few pix!

You look great!
You look awesome! He does the BEST lipoabdominoplasty! ! Love the flat tummy!
Your progress is so good. And your scar is healing so well!

bikini time!

I m so super excited to purchase my first ever bikini! Also we just ordered my scar strips and cream. So ill be posting updates for my scar!

Liked your Instagram. I'm secretstokeep_wraps_ that was a good idea to do that. I enjoy watching your progress ;)
Thank you!
You look awesome!!!! Love the new bathing suit!

8 weeks post op photos

Just started my scar treatment!

Thank you so much !
Hey , also how many inches did you lose from the tt?
Orlando Plastic Surgeon