No Pain, Great Recovery - Dayton, OH

I just had Smart Lipo done on 09/11/13. Today is...

I just had Smart Lipo done on 09/11/13. Today is 9/17/2013 and I have no pain at all. I only bleed for two days and didnt need to take anything stronger than a Tylenol. I have two kids, one three and one 9 months. My son was 10.1 and my daugther was 8.8 lbs so both pretty big babies. I have worked out for years about five times a week and eat very healthy. However, no matter how much I worked out there are certain areas I knew that I wouldnt get as small as I wanted. I had my lower and upper abdominal and flanks done. The worst part was the numbing part and that wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. I didnt feel a thing after that. Mine was done on a Thursday and by Sat I was finished bleeding. I started getting sore on Sunday and some people said it was like an ab workout. I think it was a little worse than an ab workout but I still was able to do everything I do daily. I am only taking a week off from working out and as of today, 5 days later, I havent had any pain besides when I have to pull my very tight spandex off. I do have lots of brusing but I bruise easily anyways. I would recommend this to anyone that was looking into this. For me, it was pretty simple and hardley any pain. I am sure everyone has there own experience and everyone's body reacts different.
Pure MD

Hey please update. Before and after. Is everything still going good?
My surgery is tomorrow (SmarLipo upper and lower abs) and it's great to read such an encouraging story.
I hope yours goes as well as mine. Keep me updated :)
Are you seeing any results yet, or just swelling?
I see a huge difference in my sides. They are completely flat. I see a difference in my stomach for sure but I know that I am still very swollen. I cant tell a difference in my pants size yet but I didnt really expect to see that yet. I am very bruised and swollen so I am sure that is why. My stomach is very lumpy so I try to massage it during work while I am at my desk. I understand now why they say full results in three to six months.
I see results daily now. Last week I was very swollen but every day I see my stomach change. I showed my sisters and mom and now they all want to do it. My sides are completely flat and so is my stomach. My only problem is I have little stretch marks around my belly so I know those wont go away. But hey as long as its flat with clothes on LOL!. I am only two weeks out so I know they say three to six months for full results so I am loving the results so far!!!
Glad to hear! Thank you for this post. My procedure is scheduled for the 28th and I'm starting to get very nervous. Your review helped to ease my mind a bit. Are you going to post before and after pictures?
Yes I am going to have the doctor give me the pictures they took and w hen I go for my one week apt on Friday they are going to take pictures again and I will have them send them to me. Oh I was a nervous wreck as well. I have zero pain tolerance. As I am sitting in the waiting room I see a lady come out dressed in normal clothes and looks so happy. I asked her if she had something done and she said yes smart lipo on my stomach. I was shocked. I said you would never g uess you look great. She said she felt great and was even driving herself home. However, she didnt take a valium before like I did. She did asked me how many vicodine (spelling?) and I told her one and she goes I would take two beause of the numbing. She was clueless about the numbing part and I prepared myself for the worse for that part. I do agree that was the worst part. I read that it was a burning feeling like a bunch of hornet stinging you. However, I didnt think it was really that bad of a burn. It was more of like a hard pressure pain but that only lasted about 10 to 15 minutes and then after that it was fine. I couldnt sleep for a week but trust me I am so glad I did it and I would do it again. My husband I am sure wouldnt like that idea lol but he doesnt understand how us women our about our bodies, especially after children LOL. I mean there is only so much working out one can do after babies. Keep me posted on how it goes!!
That is awesome to hear!! You re correct everyone's experience is different. So glad yours went well! Please keep us updated!