46 Yrs Old I Lost 50lbs in 4 Months! - Davenport, FL

Dr. Paraglie was wonderful and so was his staff...

Dr. Paraglie was wonderful and so was his staff especially Flo. I wish I had done this sooner. My goal is another 40lbs! The process was easy. He gives you his cell phone number as well as his assistant's cell phone. If you have complications as I did due to not taking a certain med, he will bring you back to the hospital with no further charge. I am very grateful to he and his staff. I have had no difficulty since.

Update!!!

Kissimmee Bariatric Surgeon

Hello you look amazing! I'm new here on this site am a Army Wife about to have Surgary in September I do live in in Gremany I am having my surgery in Lithuania I'm so looking forward to a life changing style thank you for sharing your journey that helps me be prepared for my upcoming surgery. I have all ready started to take Bioten Vitamins to get a Headstart all is well as some other vitamins. Keep up the awesome work and thank you for any advice you can share!
I am new to the forum. I just want to tell you that you look great and I can't wait to have my gastric sleeve done and be able to post before and after pictures. I am glad I made the decision to have it done. I hear so many good things about it!
Currently hit 5 months today.56 pounds off and seem to be at a stand still . I need to exercise more is what I am feeling!
You look great !I am almost at my 3 month mark. Dragging at 43 pounds lol.I seem to have slowed down.Working so much I know I need work on getting on my tread mill or bike!
Hello!!! I am so sorry that I am just getting the opportunity to update this thread. I am a tax attorney so that lets you know how crazy busy things are right now. lol Any way, the down time for me was not long. The surgery is done with laser and before leaving the hospital, I was able to do several laps around the entire fifth floor of the hospital. Two weeks later, I hosted a family reunion. Initially I was only able to eat broth, yogurt and watermelon. After a few weeks, I was able to eat some fish and baked potato especially sweet potato. I mostly ate about 3-5 forks of food at a time, so I had to eat often. Currently, I am able to eat a tea cup saucer plate full of food. The initial weight came off easy, however, the last 35lbs is becoming harder to get rid of as I have such a sedentary lifestyle. I have not exercised in weeks nor am I drinking enough liquid. A lot of people experience hair loss due to the nutritional value of the food being lost through the bypassed intestine and not being absorbed into the body. This is where I am now. I am taking hair vitamins and hopefully this will help. Doc says that we should double up on vitamins so a one-a-day becomes a two-a-day. However, I am horrible at taking meds. Also, some say that they cannot drink water as it goes down harsh, I am here also. I have to drink crystal light. For a while, I couldn't even drink that so I drank lightly sweetened Koolaid as I could control how much sugar went into the drink. This was new for me as I had not drink Koolaid for years and years. Overall, I would do this again in a heart beat. I cant wait until it is warm outside again so that I can go out exercising. I am from Florida but currently living in Texas. Let me know if you have any more questions. I would love to help! I would also love to hear more experiences of others who have had the surgery. Perhaps I can get some tips!!!!!
Wow, another 40lbs? I think you look pretty great!
I had mine with Dr.Peraglie Nov.7,2013 .He is wonderful!!! I have last weighed 2 days ago at 36 pound off.The inches are going quicker as you have not had time to exercise much I know will work better am a hairdresser walk alot thru day!! I am nervous about eating wrong foods lol
Yes the body changes fast, however, the mind changes slowly. I am battling this issue as well. I will see my daughter eating something that is fattening and I will reason that I can only eat a small amount so I am o.k. However, this is wrong thinking as I don't want to stretch my stomach out again. I try to stay away from bread, rice and pasta. I am not super strict about it, but I do make sure that I will only get no more than two tablespoons of rice or a half cup of pasta. I may also eat a half slice of toast as long as it is toasted well and not soft or gummy. It looks like for the last 35lbs, I am going to have to put the work in.
I did hit 40 pounds on Thursday!! :) Still am nervous about pasta or bread dont miss it sometime will try half a cup just not yet. I am going on week 10 I think lol.Time is flying am very happy with my results.Have yet to have a dumping ! Which tells me I am on right track. Each week i try something new to my plate. So i dont get bored.Dr.Peraglie does say you can eventually eat anything wisely. I will try to post some pics this week.I have gone down 2 sizes how exciting!!!! Good luck to all.
I know that excitement and I am sooo happy for you!! Tell Dr. P Carolyn Cole says hello!
You bet!!!
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

How was your recovery, did you have much pain or downtime? If you don't mind sharing, how much are you eating now and how many times per day do you have a meal?
My update addressed your questions, but I looks like I failed to respond to your last questions of how often do I eat. This is a good question as it forces me to reflect on my behaviors. It turns out that I need to eat more often. I can get up and eat a rice cake and drink a sugar-free coco. This is an adjustment for me as my daughter would often get up and cook a full breakfast including bacon egg and French toast. I couldn't help but graze over her meal. But even then, I wouldn't eat again until dinner time. This is of course not good. On my best day, I will have breakfast and then eat again about noon but eat very little. At dinner, I will eat again. I am trying to eat more fresh fruit throughout the day.
Thanks for the update! I had the sleeve, not the bypass, but I have some of the same issues: hair loss, which I'm taking a pill called Biotin for and I also cannot drink water. I ahve to add a sugar-free flavouring to it.

I currently eat about 3 times per day, but I should be eating about 6 times. Our diets are very different though. My doctor doesn't allow anything with a lot of carbs in, so no potato, pasta, bread, fruit, crackers, etc

I go swimming once per week and I'm just starting to get into more exercise, like boxercise. I know I need to exercise more to help with the weight loss.
Sounds like a wonderful caring doctor..