Fraxel Duel - Darien, CT

Have been a sun worshiper for years and at 57...

have been a sun worshiper for years and at 57 years old I have a Iot of sun damage to my face. Originally, I purchased an IPL package of 3 treatments. When I went in for my first treatment the gal evaluated my face and suggested I do the Fraxel laser instead. She calls it the eraser!
Numbing cream was applied to my face and 45 minutes later we began. Forehead first and that was by far the most painful. I had quite a few lines around my mouth so she went over it twice. I had milia under my eyes so she did this area as well all the way up to the bottom lash line. She did 6 passes and we were done in 30 minutes. After care was much different from what I have read. She told me not to put anything on my face. No moisturizer except for around my mouth and she told me not to wash my face.
My face was bright red when I left with minimum pain. The next morning my face started to peel. No swelling except for under my eyes and I applied ice to that area.

Day 3: the only swelling I have is the inside corners of my eyes. My face is very dark brown and continues to peel.

I was to go away this Wednesday for a few days but had to change the dates as I will not be healed enough. Even though I am a fast healer, I think it will take 5 - 7 days to look presentable.

I will follow up as I continue my journey.

1 week

Yesterday was my 1 week mark. I am right on schedule with healing. Very little peeling, almost all dark skin has flaked off. I have a bit of scaling in some areas so I applied a combo of cocoa butter/Vaseline to the areas. My skin is glowing and many imperfections are gone. I am thrilled!!
Versaille

Maria, who is the owner, performed my Fraxel laser treatment. She was fantastic and very reassuring.

Welcome, glad you took the time to share your experience with the Fraxel laser :) You mention you were told not to wash your face....when were you able to actually wash it? Do you have to have additional treatments?
I started washing my face yesterday with Cetaphyl and then apply neosporin to area around mouth and chin. My forehead and jaw area still need to peel. The area under my eyes are still swollen and red but are much better today. I can already see the improvement in my skin.