Thinking About It - Danbury, CT

I was fat from childhood until age 54 (six years...

I was fat from childhood until age 54 (six years ago) when I began losing, very gradually. I'm 5'10 1/2" and was always around 250, but 270 at my absolute peak. I've been stable at 155 for about a year and a half now. The loose skin makes me feel ugly. So even though I can't afford a tuck, I'm considering it. My butt is a similar problem.

Well, I can't really proceed at this time. I'll be glad to keep a roof over my head for now. But I do thank you all for your supportive comments.
I wouldn't think twice if I were you.
Do it, I am 3 months PO, totally worth itt

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for starting your review.

You have done a fantastic job with the weight loss and should be proud.  I know what you mean about the pesky skin:(  I had that and a double muffin top after weight loss.

Have you gone in for any consults yet?  I would start with that and see at least three doctors.  Gather all of your info, get quotes and start there.  And of course keep us up to date on everything.

Thanks, Kim! I've already had a very helpful exchange with a guy who's my age and had the same amount of loss. This is a great place to make specific connections. At present I can't afford to embark on correction of my problem, but when I can, I know more about what to expect and how to proceed. Big thanks to you all!

I am very happy to have you here with us:)