23 Year Old, No Kids, Breast Lift with Implants - Dalton, GA

I'm a 23 year old athletic healthy girl who has...

I'm a 23 year old athletic healthy girl who has never had perky breast. I have known since I was 18 that I would eventually have the surgery. I finally decided no need to wait any longer! I scheduled for consult and talked with nurse and doctor for over a hour. I am 5'1 135 lb and I decided to go with the 435 cc gel textured implants. I went two weeks before surgery for my pre op where they let me try the sizer on again and answered all my final questions. They called in Norco, Zofran, and Keflex at my pre op and I picked up these medications so I would already have them before surgery. The day of surgery I got to their office at 7:00 am and had the surgery around 7:45. It took around 2 and a half hours with a 45 minute recovery. The first day I did not have terrible pain. The best way I can describe it is tight and heavy feeling. I did take my Norco as prescribed every 4 hours. The first night I woke up several times because I was sleeping in my recliner and I am use to sleeping on my stomach. Day 1 post op I had a follow up with my md where they took the bandages off and left the steri strips. I explained the tight feeling like a muscle spasm and the md called in flexeril for me. I took the flexeril after the appointment and it made me very sleepy. I slept most of day 2. Day 2 post op I woke up feeling tight. I stretched constantly. The flexeril did seem to help with the tightness. I was able to shower and wash my hair (finally)!! I felt much better after showering. I would not recommend doing this without another persons help!

Pictures

Day 3 post op

Today is day 3 post op and overall I'm feeling pretty good. I do still have to have help opening my pill bottles, lifting anything and dressing. I am more stiff in the sides of my breast and tight feeling. My pain is well controlled with Tylenol during the day and I take my pain medicine at night. I'm still having a hard time at night sleeping on our couch recliner. Overall feeling better though! I do feel like I'm a little more bruised today. I'm also still icing!

One week follow up

So it has been 8 days since surgery! As the week has progressed the swelling has decreased and the pain is better. I would describe it more as tight/sore feeling. It's the little things that you do in a day that you don't realize you use your chest muscles for. The dr says everything looks great. My steri strips are still in place. I'm able to shower without assistance now. My breast do still have a box like look however this is normal as they will continue to drop and round out. My bruising is much improved and nipple sensation is present but not very sensitive.

12 days post op

So I'm doing great 12 days post op! There is no pain anymore. I'm sleeping on my side again. I feel like the implants have definitely dropped into more of the round breast shape. I am still wearing a tight sports bra every day. My steri strips are still in place. I will get then removed this Friday 15 days post op and get any stiches removed that are still there (most will de solve). I do have some nipple sensation but it is not full sensation still.

Exercise

For the exercise girls I did start back walking on the treadmill, doing the stationary bike and lots of stretching as ok by the MD. It felt great! I'm sure I won't be able to workout chest/arms for a while!

More healing

So yesterday I went for my 2 week follow up and they removed my steri strips and I had one stitch they removed the rest will desolve. I was so anxious to see how the incision looked after not seeing it for 2 weeks! I think they look great so far! The Dr and Nurses seemed to think I was doing great! I do still have a very small amount of bruising underneath my breast. I also started using my scar cream! I bought the cream their office recommended. I will attach a picture of the bottle. It was $50 for this small bottle. I'm back to feeling pretty normal. I am doing mostly cardio and leg workouts with no weights still. I've not ran yet either just walked, biked and elliptical. Also I can now wear a regular bra so I was fitted at Victoria Secret yesterday and measured a 34 DD. I did only buy one because the nurse said the implants still needed to drop more so not to spend too much money on a lot of bras. Yay!

Almost 6 weeks post op

I'm doing great! I'm almost 6 weeks post op. I just left Dr Williams office he said the implants are getting soft as they should be and my scars are looking great for 6 weeks. I'm still using the Biocorneum scar cream. He still said to avoid any chest workouts. I am now back to sleeping on my stomach and side. I have not been able to run still as it feels like it's pulling so I've stuck with the Stairmaster, walking, bike and elliptical.
Dalton Plastic Surgeon

Dr Williams was very helpful during my consult to explain the pros and cons of each implant. He listened to me and helped guide me to the best choice of implant for my activity level. He called me the night after surgery to check on me which was very kind. The office staff could not have been better. They treated me wonderfully. The kept my mom informed throughout the whole surgery and answered all our questions.