New photo 20 weeks post op - Dallas, TX

Well, I am 4 days post surgery. I had both a tummy...

Well, I am 4 days post surgery. I had both a tummy tuck and breast reduction. Some things have been a surprise and others not. I had abdominal lipo done 4 years ago and was told then I would need to have a tummy tuck after the lipo. However, as money and life would have it, I couldn't do it until this past week. So far I am happy. I can't stand up straight yet so I can't tell how I am going to look in the end. But my husband has been taking pictures of me every day so I have posted a few of them. I found this site prior to having my surgery. What a life saver it has been. Had it not been for all these ladies, I don't know if I would have had the courage. Just knowing I had support out there from thousands of other women who had done this was amazing and helpful and quite frankly a blessing.

Okay, now I am 7 days post op. I'm at that...

Okay, now I am 7 days post op. I'm at that point where I feel good enough to not be laying around the house but don't feel good enough to take a shower alone. I am still walking bent over and my lower back, which prompted this to begin with, is starting to hurt a lot! I have been able to poop withouth the help of Milk of Magnesia but can now feel the scar and the tenderness of my liposuctioned breasts. I am bored and tired at the same time. I am lucid enough to not have my days run into one another but not lucid enough to re-tell complete conversations. And to think, I still have another 10 days before I can resume semi-normal activities. I am still very swollen so I don't get the joy of trying on clothes and seeing how they are going to fit. But I know that day is coming. And it's coming sooner that if I had not done this at all. I am happy with this decision and anxious to see the end result. Pictures are coming. Sorry if this post sounded a bit down but I do feel kind of down today. I think that is normal. Maybe tomorrow will bring a new day and feeling. I just wanted to share all of it. Not just the good and not just the bad but all of it. So I have. Post again soon.

So I've been promising updated photos and here...

So I've been promising updated photos and here they are. Not beautiful but remember my surgery was on the 19th and today is the 28th. I'm pleased with my progress. Once I am able to really move around, I can work on those last 5 pounds. But realistically, if they never come off, I am super happy with my results. So those of you in the planning stages, here is something for you to go by.

So I've read this from many of you and now it...

So I've read this from many of you and now it seems to have happened to me so I have to ask, is it normal for you to hear and feel a huge popping sound around week 4? I has some pain on my right side last night that wouldn't abate. I loosened my garment. This morning, while still in bed, I stretch length wise and heard and felt a huge popping coming from the right side that was hurting last night. I know we can't be held together by sutures forever and they have to begin to dissolve eventually but is this the right time? No other complaints but super concerned. Have placed a call into my PS.

Hey ladies, so I am almost 6 weeks post op. With...

Hey ladies, so I am almost 6 weeks post op. With the exception of the popped stitch that was removed last Monday, things have gone rather well. My question.....when do you quit worrying something is going to go wrong? I was told by my PS office that I can switch to a spanx garment. Bought one during 1st week of recovery from the Spanx site, which ended up being too tight. Not being experience, as none of us are, I purchased the "super-duper" smoothing one. Too much. I tried but way too much, at least for mentally. I stressed the entire time I had it on. So, I ordered another one, with advice from another member here, that will be delivered next Tuesday. In the interim, I am still wearing my "octopus", the three banded compression garment from the day of surgery. I sleep in it, wear it basically 24/7. When do you get the feeling of "I'm going to be okay", and move forward to stage 2? I feel like I am behind schedule here only due to fear of messing something up. Would love to hear all of y'alls experiences. Thanks! Will update pictures soon.

New photo's! 5 weeks and 4 days post op.

New photo's! 5 weeks and 4 days post op.

How can I tell if I have compromised my muscle...

How can I tell if I have compromised my muscle repair? Okay, here's the thing. I see one thing when I look in the mirror and I'm happy. My hubby takes photos for me to update on here and I look like I did before surgery. So, I'm asking you guys for how to tell if it's been compromised.

Photo Update

I added new photos of me at almost 15 weeks post op.

I added new photos of me at almost 15 weeks post op.

I added some new photo's albeit grainy. They...

I added some new photo's albeit grainy. They show me 2 days shy of being 15 weeks post op.

Photo Update

I don't know how to add a new review to my...

I don't know how to add a new review to my existing profile so I just changed the one I had on their previously. Updated a new photo. I'm pleased. I have to give you gals credit that can take these photo's on your own and not looks all twisted when taking side views as I can't seem to master that. Guess my arms are too short! lol

Went to the beach for the first time in years!...

Went to the beach for the first time in years! Here's a photo after 4 days of sun and fun.

Just posted a picture after 4 days on the beach.

Just posted a picture after 4 days on the beach.

It's been almost 3 years

This isn't the best photo but I've been home with the flu and revisiting my Realself friends. Since surgery, I've lost over 20 lbs and happier than ever. Here is an updated photo.

More 3 year post op photos

Okay, here are some more updated photos. Disclaimer, I've been in bed for 2 days sick with the flu so ignore the unkempt hair, lol But you get an idea. When I went in for surgery I weighed 147. Today I weigh 123.
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Dr. H is patient, listens, approachable and answers any and all questions and is an expert at his trade. I can't say enough good things about him.

You look awesome! I wanna weigh 123!!!
It's so nice to see follow-up pics from those of you who did this months and years ago. Everyone's really good about posting for the first several weeks/months post op, but then life gets in the way, and we don't see as many pics and hear updates farther out. Your scar looks incredible--you can barely see it! Your stomach is SO flat and looks like you're in your teens! I'm having my procedure in three days, so I'm still in the "OMG what is the next month going to look like for me?" I LOVE seeing your results this far out and I'm sure I'll revisit your page when I'm feeling blue and wondering why I went through this. The long term results are well worth it based on your results! Looking GREAT!!!
You're right, we do get busy with life and forget about our "sisters" over here who are just beginning their journey. I will take some better photos when I'm not just in my room being tired of being sick and post them!
You look great!
How funny, I was just thinking of you the other day, wondering how you are doing 3 years later. I am over 2 & 1/2 years post op & you were the further along TTer that I followed. You gave me & many others support & I appreciated it very much. You look absolutely amazing 3 years later, your scar really faded & your tummy looks like a 20 year olds. Thanks so much for the updated pic. I gained some weight but am working on getting back in shape now. I will post my update in April on my 3 year anniversary. Thanks & glad you are happy!
You just made me feel wonderful with saying I helped. I've missed all of you guys. I actually am not good at "selfies" but thought I'd at least try to get an update posted. lol I feel good and am so pleased with the results
And you're looking pretty sassy there my friend! Just went to your profile.
Aww, thank you!! I had a few bumps in my recovery but no regrets. This is the best thing I did for myself. This site & the amazing support of all you ladies was such a blessing during those days of pre-surgery & recovery.
Looking great!
Did they cut above your belly button? You don't seem to have much excess skin.
Some people don't think Scott takes enough time with you. But being a repeat patient of his and a huge fan I can tell you he will spend as much time with you as you have questions for. He is an artist and looks at you like a blank canvass. He did my face lift 10 years ago. I won't use anyone else
Hi linda5, I'm going with Dr. Harris for my mommy makeover! He's awesome. I'm scheduled for nov19th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Any tips or advice is appreciated. How long was your surgery? Can't believev it's just around the corner.
Best advice is to follow all the things that Gayla tells you too. It's a big procedue and don't take that lightly. I wore my "octopus" longer than I was required to but it gave me comfort and I felt stable in it. (You'll know what that is soon-lol) Take as much time recovering as you think you need and don't hesitate to call them with any questions. I adore him and hope you are happy with your results. My surgery was a few hours long. Funny, it's been almost 2 years and I don't remember the specifics anymore. I used to think that was impossible to forget but it is so far in the past now. Also, watch what you eat before and after. I would cut back on processed foods and salt now. Contact me anytime. Very excited for you.
Linda50, I am considering no drains as well. I need to setup a consult with your PS as I am also in Dallas area. I have a few questions, if you don't mind: did you have to stay over night? Did you have a pain pump? Are you totally back to normal now over a year + later? So nervous but so ready to have tt.
Nettie, ask away anytime. No I didn't have a pain pump. I will swear to this day that he gave me a delayed reaction pain med as I was loopy for a few days. I had the option to stay overnight but opted out of it. I went home with a catheter and went back the next morning to have that removed (yes someone drove me). It took about a year to feel "normal" again. I had a stitch pop around the 4th week and that set me back mentally. So I continued to wear my octopus garment for much longer than was required. I also work in my own business and it is physically demanding so I felt more comfortable wearing it. I had my surgery done on January 19th and was at the beach in a bikini in June. It is a major surgery, which I totally dismissed until I was in the recovery phase, but so worth it. I can't tell you how much money I have spent on a new wardrobe and how much everything about me has changed as a result of doing this. Now that I am a year and a half out, my scar in some areas is not noticable. I looked at the photo's of women who had drains and was very grateful that I didn't have them. Dr. Harris is wonderful. To me, he is a true artist. Just make sure if you do it, to give yourself plenty of time to recover.
Also, after a year and a half, I am thinner that I have been in years and look better than the last photo's I posted so long ago. I am very pleased.
Linda50, I scheduled a consult with 2 PS who do no drain procedure. My appointment with Dr. Harris is set for July 12. I am excited to see how things go.
Hey Skinny Girl!!! You look AMAZING!!!

Keep on rockin' girlfriend!
You look awesome, Linda! Have fun at the beach and thanks for the updates. It helps me keep my eye on the prize!
Ur looking pretty darn good, that tummy is nice!
Looking good!!! I love the picture of your doggie in the shades! Too cute :)
Lol, my dogs are always around in pictures. Girl you look fabulous! But you looked great before too. Quite impressed.
Brooke, I actually feel pretty good. There are days I still swell a bit. But I never experienced swell hell since I had the quilting tt procedure. There are moments I forget I even had this done but most you are still aware most of the time. The weird thing is I still am self conscience about wearing a stomach baring top although I have plans to go to the beach in a month. I haven't shopped much but have found all of my clothes are too big. I limit salt intake, eat mostly healthy and am very active. And at night, if my day has been tough, I break out my "octopus" (my binder) and wear it for awhile. So all in all no complaints. Just took way longer than I ever would have thought at the beginning of this. It's weird for me to compare my progress with my pictures on this site. I would have sworn at 9 weeks I was completely healed and just puffy because that was my build. But as you can see, that wasn't the case. I expect to be going through changes until after 6 months post op.
Okay I'm Post op 5 days...what exactly is swell hell? =) Seriously I hear everyody talking bout it..
Your lymphatic system, which is was drains fluid through your body, is disrupted when they lift the skin from you abdomen. The body's normal process for healing a traumatized area is to send fluid to it. Without your lymphatic system in place, your abdomen will swell with the fluid your body is sending to it for healing purposes. Hence the need for drains. (which I didn't have since my lymphatic system was mostly re-established with the quilting technique). Swell hell is your body sending fluid to the traumatized areas of your body to help it heal. The reason most ps's want to drain it is that the fluid accumulates in an effort to rid your body of any bacteria or infection that may start as a result of the trauma. In the wild, a canine has the same process with the fluid eventually forming an abcess and ridding the body of any infection. With a managed damage to your lymphatic system, which surgery is, there is no need to allow natures process to take place so they drain the fluid. Hope that helps.