New photo 20 weeks post op - Dallas, TX

Well, I am 4 days post surgery. I had both a tummy...

Well, I am 4 days post surgery. I had both a tummy tuck and breast reduction. Some things have been a surprise and others not. I had abdominal lipo done 4 years ago and was told then I would need to have a tummy tuck after the lipo. However, as money and life would have it, I couldn't do it until this past week. So far I am happy. I can't stand up straight yet so I can't tell how I am going to look in the end. But my husband has been taking pictures of me every day so I have posted a few of them. I found this site prior to having my surgery. What a life saver it has been. Had it not been for all these ladies, I don't know if I would have had the courage. Just knowing I had support out there from thousands of other women who had done this was amazing and helpful and quite frankly a blessing.

I agree, you're going to look amazing. Thanks for getting on so soon and posting your experience. I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey in the days ahead!

Well Kimmers, I had a laser liposuction breast reduction. It entailed two small incisions and the rest done by laser. The laser also "shrinks" the skin so there is no excess to be dealt with. The unfortunate part of it, is that it is not covered under insurance. If I had been cut for the reduction, due to the history of back problems I have had, insurance would have covered it. But the non invasive procedure was all on my. I am not disappointed that I didn't have to be cut though.

Oh now that is interesting!  I am sure you will be glad to have less scars than a traditional reduction.

I did not have a choice because I was soooo large in the bust.  He could have laser lipoed me till the cows came home but they would have still been hanging to the waist.  He took me from a DDD to a full B and I love it!!

I actually had a woman say to me last week that I should get some boobs!!!  Seriously who says that to someone.  She felt like a big turd when I told her that I had recently had them reduced due to back, neck and shoulder problems.

So glad I did mine!

Okay, now I am 7 days post op. I'm at that...

Okay, now I am 7 days post op. I'm at that point where I feel good enough to not be laying around the house but don't feel good enough to take a shower alone. I am still walking bent over and my lower back, which prompted this to begin with, is starting to hurt a lot! I have been able to poop withouth the help of Milk of Magnesia but can now feel the scar and the tenderness of my liposuctioned breasts. I am bored and tired at the same time. I am lucid enough to not have my days run into one another but not lucid enough to re-tell complete conversations. And to think, I still have another 10 days before I can resume semi-normal activities. I am still very swollen so I don't get the joy of trying on clothes and seeing how they are going to fit. But I know that day is coming. And it's coming sooner that if I had not done this at all. I am happy with this decision and anxious to see the end result. Pictures are coming. Sorry if this post sounded a bit down but I do feel kind of down today. I think that is normal. Maybe tomorrow will bring a new day and feeling. I just wanted to share all of it. Not just the good and not just the bad but all of it. So I have. Post again soon.

Hey Linda,
Thank you so much for posting post op pictures. I wish this site had that kind of progression for the before and afters! LOL!
Looks like you and I had a tummy tuck on the same day Jan 19! I'm in Dallas and my tummy tuck looks exactly like yours. I just posted yesterday because I was concerned that the bellybutton might be too close to the scar. Does anyone know how much I can expect that space expand over time?
I'm getting my drains out tomorrow. It doesn't look like you have any drains. Why is that?
Dallas929
Linda,
I love your honesty and your poop issues make me laugh because I am having the same issues! It's 3:00 am and I just had to use another suppository because I couldn't stand it anymore. Whew...I feel great now! Question for you...is it your incision that is itching? What are you doing for that? I'm starting to have some itching on the ends of my incision. Also, is your incision covered and has your PS talked to you about scar care? Oh...and you CAN quit smoking...just one day at a time!!
If I could get the itching under control, which may be related to the smoking, I would be a happy camper. Oh and I had a horrible experience with going poop todau that made me want to smoke even more. My goal is to not smoke again. Let's see if I can achieve it. I am not a poster child for this procedure and don't want to be deemed as such. I just want to be honest.

So I've been promising updated photos and here...

So I've been promising updated photos and here they are. Not beautiful but remember my surgery was on the 19th and today is the 28th. I'm pleased with my progress. Once I am able to really move around, I can work on those last 5 pounds. But realistically, if they never come off, I am super happy with my results. So those of you in the planning stages, here is something for you to go by.

Reading everyone's comments on this site is making me excited! I have my consult on March 8th. I've wanted to do this for years and years, and I'm just jumping in head first and no turning back.

Hi Columbus!  You just jump right in and keep smiling!

You will be so happy with the new body in the end.  You will feel like a new woman and be recharged.

Stick with us and we will all help you through:)
Hello Columbus,

I had my first consult 2 years ago. After they showed me the scar and gave told me how the surgery was done etc., my hustband and I left the office and decided not to go forward with it. For 2 years I have totally regretted my decision and now I am having my surgery Feb. 10. In my wisdom, as you go for your consult do a little research first so you will basically know the general recovery time and what to expect in advance to help you make your decision and not chicken out like I did. Best of luck!

So I've read this from many of you and now it...

So I've read this from many of you and now it seems to have happened to me so I have to ask, is it normal for you to hear and feel a huge popping sound around week 4? I has some pain on my right side last night that wouldn't abate. I loosened my garment. This morning, while still in bed, I stretch length wise and heard and felt a huge popping coming from the right side that was hurting last night. I know we can't be held together by sutures forever and they have to begin to dissolve eventually but is this the right time? No other complaints but super concerned. Have placed a call into my PS.

I think the quilting does heal quicker in that your body is not re-establishing the lymphatic drainage system since the quilt always immediate (or close to) establishment, hence less swelling and the lack of need for drains. I don't think I could have done this any other way. However, it has not been without it's issues and pain. I am just ready to be normal again. And quite actually, I don't know what normal is for me anymore. I am afraid everytime I move that I am going to screw something up. Ah, us women. Be careful what we wish for, we just might get it. Also Barbie is in stellar shape and was before the surgery so that helped her. In the end we are all strong women or we would have never done this procedure.
Looking at Barbie892 and hearing how fast she got up and going (day 12), wow! I was probably mistaken about the drains helping speed up healing! She had the quilting and recovered amazingly quickly.
I guess we are all different.
Hey Dallas, thanks for posting. I had a "no drain" tummy tuck done. It is where they quilt you back down to your muscles as opposed to allowing your body to re-establish the connection between your skin and muscles. I had a stitch that my body was trying to reject that they went in and removed. They also put me on an anitobiotic to help with any infection that may have developed due to my rejection of the suture. Removing the suture hurt like crazy but I am almost 48 hours post and into my antibiotic and the swelling is almost gone. However, I am wearing a pad over the small area where they went in to get the suture. It had broken the previous Monday, (I knew this because I felt it pop and went in to see them), and usually they just have to be removed. A week later, that's what we did. As of today I am 5 weeks post op. Think I will always be nervous about having done this as I spent the morning reading the unhappy section of this site, but overall seem to be doing better. I do eat well and take vitamins to compensate for smoking but should just quit. It is a stress reliever for me and believe me, as you know, this procedure puts a bit of stress on your mental state. I have been told I can move to a Spanx garment but have waited until the swelling abated. So today, I am going to try. How are you doing?

Hey ladies, so I am almost 6 weeks post op. With...

Hey ladies, so I am almost 6 weeks post op. With the exception of the popped stitch that was removed last Monday, things have gone rather well. My question.....when do you quit worrying something is going to go wrong? I was told by my PS office that I can switch to a spanx garment. Bought one during 1st week of recovery from the Spanx site, which ended up being too tight. Not being experience, as none of us are, I purchased the "super-duper" smoothing one. Too much. I tried but way too much, at least for mentally. I stressed the entire time I had it on. So, I ordered another one, with advice from another member here, that will be delivered next Tuesday. In the interim, I am still wearing my "octopus", the three banded compression garment from the day of surgery. I sleep in it, wear it basically 24/7. When do you get the feeling of "I'm going to be okay", and move forward to stage 2? I feel like I am behind schedule here only due to fear of messing something up. Would love to hear all of y'alls experiences. Thanks! Will update pictures soon.

Kimmers you should see me now. Boy what a change.
Thanks for responding. The mental phase is a tad bit scary as you start worrying about lifting anything heavier than a magazine. I had the quilting procedure done so I know my recovery is a bit different than others as far as the lymphatic issues and swelling. I feel pretty good. Have twinges every now and then and a slight opening where they removed the suture. But I can't mentally take off this binder. Maybe once the other garment comes in I'll be ready. Again thank you.

Don't rush yourself.  If something feels comfortable stay with it.  No harm in wearing the binder longer if that feels good.

As far as the lifting goes if it hurts STOP.  Just listen to your body and it will lead you on the correct path.

I am glad you are feeling better:)  What a ride huh?

Hi Linda,

You look great in that little bikini :)

At about 16 weeks post OP you will start to lighten up mentally.   It takes some time to change your way of thinking but it does get better.

My doctor told me at around 8 or 9 weeks to stop worrying because I was not going to tear anything open or harm myself.  The only thing that he asked was that I not do any ab work for 6 months.  Other than that I just listened to what my body was telling me.

New photo's! 5 weeks and 4 days post op.

New photo's! 5 weeks and 4 days post op.

Hi Linda - LOVE your new pics!

I'm celebrating my week 9 today and I definitely turned a corner this past weekend.

I added some running to my power walking; got back to most of my weight lifting schedule with the exception of any heavy core/ab work (like Kimmers said) and I'm rockin' my yoga and Pilates workouts too. Feeling good and honestly trying not to lose any more weight (if you can believe that)

Let me know how that new Spanx fits.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

How can I tell if I have compromised my muscle...

How can I tell if I have compromised my muscle repair? Okay, here's the thing. I see one thing when I look in the mirror and I'm happy. My hubby takes photos for me to update on here and I look like I did before surgery. So, I'm asking you guys for how to tell if it's been compromised.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

You look great!! I love your collection of bikinis!
Thanks Madison. I bought them every year then wouldn't wear them. And I wasn't happy with my body the day those last ones were taken either. Lol. We are all so critical of ourselves aren't we?
Ac, thanks! And that was a "puffy" day. My dogs are always trying to upstage me and they succeed!! Can't wait to see your pics.

Photo Update

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I added new photos of me at almost 15 weeks post op.

I added new photos of me at almost 15 weeks post op.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I added some new photo's albeit grainy. They...

I added some new photo's albeit grainy. They show me 2 days shy of being 15 weeks post op.

Ur looking pretty darn good, that tummy is nice!
Looking good!!! I love the picture of your doggie in the shades! Too cute :)
Lol, my dogs are always around in pictures. Girl you look fabulous! But you looked great before too. Quite impressed.

Photo Update

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I don't know how to add a new review to my...

I don't know how to add a new review to my existing profile so I just changed the one I had on their previously. Updated a new photo. I'm pleased. I have to give you gals credit that can take these photo's on your own and not looks all twisted when taking side views as I can't seem to master that. Guess my arms are too short! lol

Hey Skinny Girl!!! You look AMAZING!!!

Keep on rockin' girlfriend!
You look awesome, Linda! Have fun at the beach and thanks for the updates. It helps me keep my eye on the prize!

Went to the beach for the first time in years!...

Went to the beach for the first time in years! Here's a photo after 4 days of sun and fun.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Just posted a picture after 4 days on the beach.

Just posted a picture after 4 days on the beach.

Did they cut above your belly button? You don't seem to have much excess skin.
Some people don't think Scott takes enough time with you. But being a repeat patient of his and a huge fan I can tell you he will spend as much time with you as you have questions for. He is an artist and looks at you like a blank canvass. He did my face lift 10 years ago. I won't use anyone else
Hi linda5, I'm going with Dr. Harris for my mommy makeover! He's awesome. I'm scheduled for nov19th. I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Any tips or advice is appreciated. How long was your surgery? Can't believev it's just around the corner.

It's been almost 3 years

This isn't the best photo but I've been home with the flu and revisiting my Realself friends. Since surgery, I've lost over 20 lbs and happier than ever. Here is an updated photo.

It's so nice to see follow-up pics from those of you who did this months and years ago. Everyone's really good about posting for the first several weeks/months post op, but then life gets in the way, and we don't see as many pics and hear updates farther out. Your scar looks incredible--you can barely see it! Your stomach is SO flat and looks like you're in your teens! I'm having my procedure in three days, so I'm still in the "OMG what is the next month going to look like for me?" I LOVE seeing your results this far out and I'm sure I'll revisit your page when I'm feeling blue and wondering why I went through this. The long term results are well worth it based on your results! Looking GREAT!!!
You're right, we do get busy with life and forget about our "sisters" over here who are just beginning their journey. I will take some better photos when I'm not just in my room being tired of being sick and post them!
You look great!

More 3 year post op photos

Okay, here are some more updated photos. Disclaimer, I've been in bed for 2 days sick with the flu so ignore the unkempt hair, lol But you get an idea. When I went in for surgery I weighed 147. Today I weigh 123.

You look awesome! I wanna weigh 123!!!
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Dr. H is patient, listens, approachable and answers any and all questions and is an expert at his trade. I can't say enough good things about him.