Tumescent Liposuction - Pleasantly Surprised - Dallas, TX

I am 4 days post op full abdomen and pannus...

I am 4 days post op full abdomen and pannus liposuction. I had a BMI of 35 and was initially told I needed a full tummy tuck and liposuction or I needed to lose 25 pounds in one month. I read several reviews from real self doctors thats seemed harsh in nature to anyone who was obese.
First of all, EVERYONE does NOT want a completely flat stomach to walk around in a bikini!! Some people just want to tuck their shirt in, fit their clothes better, or just get on a plane and hear the seat "click" effortlessly!
With that being said. I understood I would still have my stretchmarks that I've had for 28 years and there may be some lose skin and the famous lipo is not a weight loss tool. I initially weighed 276 pounds in 2011 and now I weigh 235. After the procedure I experienced nausea and vomitting. I slept most of the day. I took pain meds one time on day two. My major discomfort has come from wearing the compression garment. I have thick thighs and trying to get that garment up has been a workout and I absolutely hate it. However, i have to continue wearing it. As of day 4 I had minimal swelling and absolutely no bruising. I purchased a pre/post vitamin kit and started two weeks pre. I also took a stool softener which helped tremendously. I been taking it easy, walking and doing deep breathing.
I learned so much from this site and it helped me prepare for this procedure! Do not go into it thinking you will be back to normal in 72 hours. It takes time and plenty of patience with the annoying garment.
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Dr Long has been great. He goes into detail about everything he does and what he expects you to do to have a great result. He never promised anything that he did not deliver. He is also helping with weight loss.

Hope you are feeling better now that it has been 2 weeks since your procedure. The first 2 weeks are the absolute hardest when it comes to discomfort and the wearing of the garment. I wore my garment for about 7 weeks and in the end it became such a part of me that when I took it off I felt sort of unstable - a bit like it my body was unsupported. I will be going back into it next month as I am having some revision work done on my abdomen. Mine went all the way to my knees and as it is summer here in NZ I am going to customise it by cutting it off to a panty shape and hemming it so it doesn't get ratty looking. Stick with the garment as it does make all the difference especially when you are swollen. Take care of yourself.
Thanks for sharing.  How have the last couple days been?  Would love if you added an update!
Thank you. I've been slowly getting back to my old routine. The garment is still the biggest problem along with the swelling. I see great improvement and looking forward to the day of no swelling, fatigue or garment!!
Those garments sound terrible!  How much longer do you have to wear it?