Well Worth It - Dallas, TX

I am 43 years old and I work out 4-5 days a week....

I am 43 years old and I work out 4-5 days a week. I am 5'6" and weight 145lbs. No matter how hard a work out I could not work of my abs. Well I had smart lipo yesterday on the 14th. I am soooo pleased already. I just took the bandages off and I can already see a difference. The pros are I am a little sore but other than that I feel fine. The cost was minimal they were having a %60 of special. I was awake the whole time and the Dr. and her assistant were talking to me the entire time and kept me comfortable. The cons were the procedure was a bit uncomfortable.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Here is a photo of a week later. I am sooo...

Here is a photo of a week later. I am sooo pleased I had the surgery on Saturday and went to work on monday. I typically workout 5 days a week, I cannot wait to get back into the gym and work out. I am still a little sore and the compression garment is a little uncomfortable. I cannot wait to see the results in a month.

I am sooooo happy. This summer we have taken two vacations, one to an all-inclusive resort and I put on 5 lbs. I still look great and it is back to the gym today. This had been the best $3000 I ever spent. My stomach is flat no more soreness and the small dots where the dr made incisions are starting to fade already. I have absolutely no regrets.

Hey Mom681, you look great in your after pics, I'm glad it all worked out for you! Are you still happy you did it, now it's been a few months?

@ Neednew_body, thanks for the compliment. I had my upper and lower abs done along with my love handles.

It has been almost 4 months and I look and feel...

It has been almost 4 months and I look and feel great. Just some small dots where the canula was inserted. I usually put on weight during the summer ( I can't work out as much with the kids home) I take it off in the fall with my 5 day a week workout regimen when the kids return to school. Despite this 8 lbs weight gain my stomach looks great. I am so happy.

I am really nervous!! I have a consult scheduled on the 29th and worried that American Lipo center in Dallas may not be the best choice!! We're you scared too?
Just understand the office is very basic, the back room where they do the procedure consist of a table and a folding chair. D'Souza preformed my surgery and she was very patient and did a great job. Take a look on youtube and check out the procedure. I had the procedure last April and I am still very pleased with my results. The surgery itself is very uncomfortable and sometimes painful just suck it up and deal with it. I have gained about 7-10 pounds and my stomach is still flat ( I am working on that). I was scared out of my mind, I was afraid of being butchered, the results were great. I noticed a difference the next day. I had the surgery done on a Saturday and slept all day Sunday, Monday morning I started my new job I was a little sore like I had worked out hard. I work out 3-5 days a week so that helped with my recovery time. Good luck I hope this helps.
American Lipo Center Dr. D'Souza

They are located in an office bldg and not a very spa like environment. It was very cold and sterile. One room you have the surgery and then you are on your way. They tried to get me to pay before seeing the DR. I would not. But the Dr. answered all my questions and spent time with me. I don't think her assistant had any medical background.