I Can't Believe I Did It! - Dallas, TX

I know the nose is a very important feature of our...

I know the nose is a very important feature of our faces but i never gave it to much importance until few months ago when I start noticing how big and out of proportion my nose was compared to the size of my face. That is when I became obsessed with it. My nose always pointing down when i smiled, it looked too big for my face when i checked the pictures of my last vacation. So as soon as i came back i booked my consult with doctor Cochran back in September. It wasn't difficult to pick him because i know many doctors in the area (being this my fifth surgery) i knew he is the best.

THE CONSULTATION
My consultation was so informative and I was so glad to see that Dr. Cochran used the 3D program to give me a very close idea of my result, they took a pictures of every angle of my face and let me see a lot of before and after pictures of previous patients. He almost read my mind and guessed what my concerns were and what bothered me about my nose, he is very patient, you can tell he is more than an expert in the noses department LOL. He listened everything I had to say and came out with some pictures of my results and man... i was sold, i loved it!!! I know those pictures are close to the final result, that there is no perfect nose, but i just loved my nose in those 3D pictures. I booked my surgery to be performed in a little more to a month.

GETTING READY
Surgery booked all i had to do is wait and keep myself calm; I wasn't nervous but a little anxious since this is my first face surgery. I pretty much waited until the last couple weeks got my prescription filled and all the other supplements. I started taking vitamin C, they said it helps with healing process. I don't smoke but i drink, so i stopped drinking like a little more that two weeks before and I am so happy because i haven't craved the alcohol since then.., maybe i won't drink again, hope!!
Five days before the surgery started washing my face with surgical soap two times a day and putting some antibiotic ointment inside my nose pretty much all. Night before washing my face and hair with same soap, my hair felt horrible thought.

Surgery was performed Wednesday Nov 6th at 7:30 am...

SURGERY DAY

Got there around 6:30 am everybody was so nice and the nurses were really gentle and caring. My boyfriend was so nice and asked for the day off to take care of me. I had my Mom as well so i couldn't be in better hands LOL.
Surgery supposed to start at 7:30 am but it actually started around 8 am which i didn't mind because i was very comfortable while waiting. Finally Dr. Cochran showed up and we discussed details of the procedure. They gave me "My Margarita" and an hour and 45 min. after I was all set.
Waking up was a little hard for me; my throat felt so irritated and my mouth really dry. They put some ointment on my eyes which made really difficult to open them. I spent like 30 min in recovery room after that they moved me to another room where Mom and boyfriend were waiting. I had some crackers and soda and slowly started to feel more awaken. An hour after i was ready to go home, got dressed, got compliments on my outfit and hit the road which i just remember the last part of it. Got home around 3pm and slept all day. i wasn't very swollen thought. I am posting some before pictures and also my pictures right after surgery.

before and surgery day

surgery day

RECOVERY TIME

My first days were no bad, the worst probably was the second day, i didn't take many pain pill just at night time to sleep well. My mom has been taking care of me, making soups and beef and chicken broth MMM!!! The day i was very swollen probably was the third day but no much pain. I would say the recovery in general is not bad, some discomfort and little pain but nothing like pills can diminish. My nose feels really congested but luckily i didn't have any packing inside so i can breath a little through my nose. But feels really congested like if i had a cold.
I've been taking it easy just watching tv and eating LOL no too much though... I did organize my closet today lol :-)

CAST REMOVAL
I had my appointment for cast removal yesterday and girls it was painful!!! I couldn't believe they put all those huge plastics inside my nose!! When they came out along with the cast was a huge relief. I could see my nose without the cast and boy is huge!!!
Dr. Cochran said is very swollen, that i have to be patient.. ok i get it no problem i can wait but i really wish this swelling goes down!!! After the appointment we went to the mall i really wanted to get some distraction after being grounded for a week, so i didn't care the way i looked i just wanted some distraction. My mom convinced me to get some make up on since Dr. said it was ok. I looked like a cartoon LOL but better, just my nose is huge!! Hopefully all the sweeling goes down fast...

don't get scared!

cast removal day and swelling getting down

It's been almost a year! I love it

I love my nose, it looks so natural and seems like I was born like that, nobody can even tell, they only say did you change your makeup?! I love it! Here some pics after a year.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Beautiful outcome with very nice "enhancement" to your already beautiful face!! I will schedule a consultation with him very soon; your nose looks like you were born with it:)
Simply amazing! Just one of the best I've ever seen, really brings out your natural beauty. Your doctor's gallery looks stunning, he seems to know tip refinement very well. Congrats!
omg i love your new nose, I have a question tho, how long till you noticed the swelling started going down? I look like a pig right now
Thanks girl! U need to be patient, it takes probably a month to get rid of most of the swelling, but it's not until the 4th month when you see the closest to the final result. Although my dr. told me it takes up to a year to see the final result. I promise you, it will get better every day. Good luck, and happy recovery!
Loving your results! Congrats! :)
Thanks girl ;-)
Wouah! I liked your before nose. The after nose is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats
Thank you! :-)
it looks amazing! how long was it before you noticed most of the swelling gone? i am 8 weeks post op and have uneven swelling and my nose actually seems wider than before :( i had a hump removal along with septoplasty and turbinoplasty?
Darling if you read stories on septoplasty you'll realise that removing the hump actually makes the nose bigger. After the removal of th hump the surgeon has to trim the sides of the ,ose which I belive yours must have done. 8weeks is little. Give it another 3 4 weeks you'll notice a change
Hi there, how are you feeling? Are you happy or unhappy with your results thus far? I hope you keep us updated and that you're doing well. Take care!
Ur nose looked good before surgery i wonder how it looked after surgery?
My nose looked exactly like yours after cast removal! You are right, patience is needed. :) Best of luck with the rest of the healing process!

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! The first few days of recovery can be tough, especially the sleeping part, but you will get through it. When does your cast come off?

I did come off yesterday ;-)
How are you now did everything go ok :-)
yes everything went just perfect. thanks :-)