Juvederm Pales In Comparison (So Far)! - Dallas, TX

I have been treated a number of times with...

I have been treated a number of times with Juvederm. I work with a very trusted PS who is also a friend and have done for the last 10 years. 10 years ago through diet and exercise alone I lost 200lbs.

Most people are frequently distracted by the huge changes in the body, but when a person loses that much weight there are usually significant changes to the face as well. After my remodel (lower body and upper body lift with lipo) I started noticing how much older my face looked than my age, in particular my infraorbital hollows and NL folds. I am now 30. People often, when guessing my age at 25 would have said "30-35".

Juvederm is pretty good. It's very smooth and supple. The problem is that, while I can still feel small amount of it in my skin up to a year later, the look of full correction usually fades after about six months. I'm excited about the prospect of a year or more of full correction.

The Radiesse treatment was relatively painless. My doc mixed in a small amount of lidocaine before injecting and applied some topical to the surface of my skin. After injecting using a "retrograde fanning" technique, she applied a small vibrating massager to further smooth out the product. I actually thought it was relaxing, but I know I have a higher than normal tolerance for pain as well.

Immediately of note was how firm the product was in comparison to other fillers. It felt like I had a rock in my face. It has since softened significantly. I am completely pleased with the results and never had another filler look this great. I've seen a lot of naysayers here and there experiences are probably quite valid, but everything I've read seems to point to the same thing; user error.

It is of the UTMOST IMPORTANCE with any filler that you know your injector well. Do TONS of research before commiting to an injector. Ask to see before and after pictures of their work, ask to speak to a willing patient of theirs over the phone and ask them blunt questions like, "How long have you been injecting this particular filler?" This is your body for goodness sake. If they think your probing is silly for something so mundane or they are unwilling to divulge then why would you want to give them your HARD EARNED money to alter your bod?

I can't stress enough that the hands that weild the needle will determine what kind of results you get. Sure a small amount of it is your body, but people who inject to shallow with radiesse, for example, are placing it in too vascular an area and of course it won't last as long. Pay attention to their staff! Are they kind and happy and seem content? That says a lot about who they work for! Is their office tastefully decorated and clean? Never settle for less than! And if and when you find a great provider, stick with them! They're too precious to lose track of!

Oh and I'm a nurse personally experienced in several aesthetic procedures (the receiving end). If ever anyone needs to shoot an private message question my way feel free. :)

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. D is an excellent artist and skilled surgeon. She has excelled in her field and her compassion, warmth, understanding and skill make her an amazing woman and surgeon. I've seen lots of doctors over the years in pursuit of self-improvement and maintenance and none compare. I would trust her with anything, my life included! She is honest and genuinely concerned with her patient's sense of well being. On more than one occasion she has flat told me NO, to a request for a procedure or operation when she felt like the honest results wouldn't be worth my money or the recovery. She makes you feel so at home, like you're sitting down with a really good friend who just happens to be a plastic surgeon. Her results are amazing because of her attention to detail. She's such a perfectionist. Her staff is so friendly and compassionate and not at all pretentious. Whatever you're planning to have corrected, fixed, improved, what have you, you owe it to yourself to make a stop in her office before you decide. She changes lives.

Love it, so far. Yesterday, got radiesse injection, one tube, in corners of mouth and cheeks. I had deep marionette creases around mouth, but they are now plumped up. I'm 60, but now I look 10 years younger. One bruise at left corner of mouth--I'm sure that will fade soon.

Do you know of Dr. Neurohr on Sherry Lane? I am in Dallas... who might you recommend for radiesse under my eyes?
I had some radiesse to even out my cheek area and I noticed that along with normal inflammation, the area was very warm to the touch. Thankfully it went away without complications. Did you experience the same? Worried about next time...
you look great.
Oh and thanks for the compliment!
Nope all is well immediately after. As I said, there was a good bit of firmness, which I attribute to swelling/edema/inflammation, but it has since gone away completely. Still very satisfied! Advice? Well aside from what I advised above, I would suggest that you request a mirror and ask that your injector take frequent breaks to let you check the progress; not so much as to be a total interruption, but to make sure it goes smoothly. This is going to last you a while! If you've got a good injector they won't mind taking time for you. Also, communication is key! Have a photo or idea or description that is very clear about what you want and DON'T want to take with you. Be very clear and open and you'll be very pleased!
How long is the downtime? Were you bruised, swollen?? Any advice for me? I have an appt for the same procedure. You look awesome!!