Got My Liposonix In Dallas: Bye Bye Fat - Dallas, TX

I was one of the first to get the liposonix...

I was one of the first to get the liposonix procedure at Dr. Bill Johnson's office in Dallas. He ended up getting the machine before 2012, and so I was on a list of intro patients. The procedure was very similar to when I had Thermage. I came in, we took photos, Dr. Johnson marked my area (from tummy after having 3 kids), and I took some medication. I took some Vicodin & Valium and watched as the technician marked my stomach. She had a clear plastic guide/ruler that she used to mark squares on my skin. The technician marked up 15 squares on my body.

The Treatment: It's almost like a hot prickling sensation that goes in and out. Sometimes it's cold, and other times it's hot. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being I want to hit you), it was about 5-6. You can do the treatment at a couple different levels, but we decided to go with Level 40, with 4 passes. This ended me with 160 total energy, and about 1 hour worth of treatment. Each square is 1 minute. I could have done it at level 50, for 3 passes, but it hurt too much, and it would have only been 150 total energy.

Post Procedure: After the procedure, my friend drove me home. I was a bit groggy from the meds, but after a nap, I was ok. The next morning I was sore, and a bit swollen. This soreness and swelling lasted about 2 weeks. I did get a bit of bruising, but nothing too bad. Dr. Johnson told me to wear a compression shirt (like an Under Armour work out shirt) to help with the swelling. Right now I'm just waiting for the fat cells to die off. It's only been a couple of weeks, so I'll update when my results kick in at 9 weeks.

Ok everyone, it's not 9 weeks yet, but I wanted to...

Ok everyone, it's not 9 weeks yet, but I wanted to post an update. It's been 26 days, and something is happening. All my pants are too big! I went shopping and I fit into a size 8 now. I was a size 10 when I did Liposonix. So, it's working, and I still have some weeks to go.

1/31/12: I have no swelling, bruising, or soreness. Everything is fine.
Dr. Bill Johnson of Innovations Medical

Dr. Johnson works very closely with Solta Medical, and so when they launched Liposonix, he was one of the first in the US to get it. The procedure took 1 hour, but there was a wait time. When I did it, he had 2 TV news crews there filming another patient.