Mole Removal Expertise - Dallas, TX

I went in for mole removal --- over 2 YEARS AGO --...

I went in for mole removal --- over 2 YEARS AGO -- and was disfigured with scars. Instead of freezing off surficial moles, they were cut out. Not only were they cut, i was so disfigured i have to dress to cover up the DISFIGUREMENT. This was from APRIL of 2010. It is very distressing, day after day after day, to get dressed every day and have to find ways to cover the disfigurement. Dressing up to the NECK in the summer. And no swim suit ever again.

Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Disfigurement for life --- from a simple procedure

Hi CRW888, I would be interest in having contact with you if you want, me too i'm a victim of such event. I had a birthmark removed by byopsy from the face a few years ago, but I was young and wasnt really aware of the disfiguring side; its true, the surgeon mostly told me it would leave a scar ( so i couldnt imagine my face features being reduced.. ). if you want i'll be interest to talk to you.
Hi CRW888- I would be happy to take a look at your scars from the biopsy procedure. We have many treatment options for scars, which can help minimize the appearance of scars. Of note, we never freeze moles with liquid nitrogen- we always biopsy them and send them in to a lab so we can determine if they are benign or malignant. Any time you cut into the skin for any reason, you run the risk of getting a scar. Every person heals differently as well, so some people may have a minimal scar while others may have a more noticeable scar. This may also depend on the body part that was biopsied. Please feel free to call my office if you would like me to reassess this. This visit would of course be at no charge to you. Sincerely, Dr. Kristel Polder

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. I have had moles surgically removed & it has taken a long time for a couple of them to heal, and a small scar was left.  I would love it if you would post a close-up photo of the area so we can see what it looks like and be more aware.