Lip Surgery/Reduction to Remove Scar Tissue from Previous Injury - Dallas, TX

About 14 years ago I was involved in an accident...

About 14 years ago I was involved in an accident and tore my lower lip from the vermillion border to the inside. I was stitched up immediately but was left with a very lumpy lower right side lip. I also had a lump on the wet part of the area, and was very noticeable when I was talking and smiling. Dr. Lam went in and cut my lip from the outside to the wet part on the inside in a vertical line to remove the built up ball of scar tissue. He then stitched me back up and here I am!
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

About 14 years ago I was involved in an accident and tore my lower lip from the vermillion border to the inside. I was stitched up immediately but was left with a very lumpy lower right side lip. I also had a lump on the wet part of the area, and was very noticeable when I was talking and smiling. I had been to several plastic surgeon consultations through the years in Seattle were I reside and never felt comfortable with any of them doing the procedure. I spent $100's of dollars on consultations. I found Dr. Sam Lam in Dallas, Texas through this website and from googling "lip procedure specialists" online. It has only been 24 hours since my surgery but I am already thrilled with the results. I chose Dr. Lam because he has extensive knowledge with this procedure. We had a phone consultation and he took the time to answer all of my questions. I would also like to mention that his staff was equally amazing at corresponding with me via the phone and email. I arrived for an in person consult with the intention of going through with the procedure (after all, I traveled from Seattle to Dallas). I was hoping that Dr. Lam would tell me, "oh this will be easy". Well, he didn't say that. In fact, he didn't quite know what he was dealing with. My tissue was soft instead of hard so he didn't think it was scar tissue. He said he wouldn't know until he went in there. I am not an impulsive person...hello! 14 years of waiting and researching! I agreed to let him go in and figure out this bump. I was beyond nervous and even teared up in the room, thinking, "what if this is a mistake?". I can already tell you that it was not. As I said, it's only been 24 hours, but my lip looks SO MUCH better than it did before the surgery even with the swelling, visable stitches, and bruising. I can tell that it will heal to become more symmetrical than it was. Dr. Lam told me about 95% better, which is good enough for me. Dr. Lam is very honest and told me that he would never be able to get it 100% perfect. I am beyond grateful to him and his lovely staff for walking me through this process and truly caring. I hardly ever write reviews, but I have to let people know about my experience and my case. It is still very early in recovery but I am patient and excited for the results. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to send me a message via this website.

Now that it's almost a year later, how did your lip turn out? Are you happy you did it?
After the surgery I had some more scar tissue form. It was not as bad as before the surgery. I flew back to Plano and Dr Lam injected me with 5FU and it reduced the scar tissue. There is still some scar tissue there but overall I am very happy with the results. Mine took a while to heal but my smile is so much more even and no one notices the much smaller bump. Highly recommend. :)