62 Year Old, 3 Eye Surgeries Each Eye, Lost Elasticity, Eyelids Covering Eye - Dallas, TX

After detached retina, then major infection in...

After detached retina, then major infection in right eye in July 2012 and cataract surgery in each eye, I had lost elasticity and had large bags under my eyes. The upper lid was beginning to cover my eyes. My wrinkles from squinting eyes and upper lip from dentures became very prominent. Divorce and weight loss were factors in aging appearance.
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

I met with Dr. Standefer a week prior to surgery on May 12, 2014. Even though I did not feel or know anything during the surgery, I could hear him and the assistant tell me to be still, I was moving too much. Afterwards, he said he had even given me extra medication to try to prevent movement, but the surgery took 10 and one / half hours. I went in at noon and got out at 10:30 p.m. that night. Dr. Standefer was very nice the next morning and told me I was definitely his most challenging patient. I do not remember much for the next couple of days. The person taking the stitches out a week later was rather rough and hurried, and it was painful and I was bleeding quite a bit. The person said I was 70% healed and may be a bit early, but it would cause less scaring taking stitches out that day. Two weeks later, I called and made an appointment to see Dr. Standefer because I was concerned about the knots by ears and under neck. Dr. Standefer was very pleasant and assured me it was all normal. I was reassured. The swelling and bruising decreased almost daily. Even though it has been 2 months and one week. I still have numbness in front of, around and behind ears, tenderness under neck and on eye lids. I was given the impression at the consultation and all the videos and commercials that the healing time would be much shorter. Otherwise, I would have waited until fall instead of spring when I have so much yard work to do. I had to pay for lawn care for the summer, but that's ok.. I am pleased with the results and I have had so many compliments from people I have not seen in a while telling me I look "so young" or "look like I am 20" and attribute it to my hair cut, hair color or weight loss. They continue to tell me I look "great" or "so good". As I walk away, I know they are absolutely puzzled. :) I was even asked out by a 45 year old "hunk"... he thought I was in my 30's.. lol I am 62. I turned him down, but he still "Made my day!" ha I now "look on the outside as I feel on the inside". Thank YOU Dr. Standefer and staff..