Labiaplasty - labia minora reduced and my clitoral hood reduced a little as well. - Dallas, TX

I had my labia minora reduced and my clitoral hood...

I had my labia minora reduced and my clitoral hood reduced a little as well.

I have wanted to get this done since I was about 22. All the sudden one day- it didnt look like I remembered, I dont know if it was hormonal changes or what- but all I know is that it bothered me. I was self conscious. The final straw was when a lover said" Your vagina is screaming at me." I broke down after that.

I understand that everyone is shaped differently and that it is crazy that our vaginas have beauty standards. But hey- male circumcision isn't necessary either- its just socially accepted to alter the skin around the penis. So why not the vag?

I didnt do it for anyone else. I did it for me- and Im happy w/ the results.

I discussed my desire and concerns with my gyno on a routine visit- and to my surprise she said she could perform the operation for me and she had done them before.

I was thrilled bc here was a woman I was comfortable with already- and I wouldn't have to go on the hunt for a plastic surgeon showing my nana all over the city.

And whats even better was the price. Far less than a plastic surgeon.

The recovery was grueling- itchy- swollen- some green discharge. Stictches take forever to dissolve. I fainted 3 times after surgery bc of blood loss and was hospitalized. That was scary. Word of advice- dont walk up and down 3 flights of stairs after who-hah surgery- (I live in apt- so I had no other option) At one point during recovery- I thought she sliced my clitoris in half and was devastated- but it was just still too swollen to see everything.

Now- almost 7 months later. I'm healed and in perfect sexual health.

Dr. Lisa Remedios

She is warm hearted and responsive to my concerns.