In Your 20-30's then Don't Do It - Dallas, TX

I decided to undergo Fraxel purely for acne...

I decided to undergo Fraxel purely for acne scaring from high school and college under the encouragement of my dermatologist. The scaring was not that visible but it made me self conscious. I underwent 5 treatments and I regret it. I used to always get told I looked like I was in my 20's, not anymore. Fraxel destroyed fat cells in my face and my skin sagged. I also now have spider veins on my fact that I used to pride myself on not having at my age. I am not having to undergo microderm and peels just to fix the mess my skin was left in. It may work for some people, but I would suggest if you are in your 20 and 30's don't even think about this laser. It will make you look older. I have cried and cried. My doctor told me the side effects would be collegen production and a more youthful appearance with my brown spots disappearing. I don't see any of that and my acne scaring is still there. In fact, the 2 brown spots on my face got worse. Do you research. I wish I had instead of just listening to the doctor

Hi im sorry to hear about your experience. You will get better beacuse you are still so young and the skin is goin to heal and recover over time. Believe!Im in my middle '20 and did Fraxel 1 year ago it was a NOT PRETTY SITUATION, still recovering having redness and cheeks and laser marks on my face. Its a year and 1 moth now with the vit D, fish oil, hydration and right food, sleep well at night and positive attitude it comes back. Of course i get nightmare from this experience dreaming how i hide my face, i still cant' go autside without make up not even bicking. Skin lost collagen as well But i want to Encourage you and Please don't give up. Be strong! Pray do yoga to calm ur mind. It helps me! I send everyone much love and healing. Next time dont rush, take ur time consulting, asking question and even real people prooth before doing these treatments
This happened to me ! Fat loss sagging , creepiness , pigmentation I never had ! Broken capillaries everywhere, permant red under eyes , mottled skin . I look like a weathed hag not a woman who has spent thousands upon thousands on her skin !!!! Don't do it . One treatment ruined a lifetime of looking after myself . Tnkstibit did the peels he'll your skin at all !! Still looking for a fix :( ---
I honestly think the peels are helping. I did one 4 months after and another 7 months after the last treatment and regretted it bc my skin was tough and crepey, but I just did another at the same time as a microderm 10 months out and my skin is starting to feel softer again like it used to. I'm starting to have hope again.
Sorry to hear about your damage. I have laser damage too. What type of peels are you doing? Glad they are helping.
what kind of laser did you do?
Dear, what did your doctor say would be the normal range of time for your face to recover from the treatments? I had 4 Fraxil treatments about 3 months a part and I look much younger and people have commented on how good I look. It did everything I was told it would do in terms of wrinkle reduction. However, that said I have tried 3 different non-surgical things on my love handles and no luck with any of it. So, maybe things work differently for different people. I hope with time your skin improves to your liking.
They all say 3 to 6 months burnt skin is getting worse, nor better. Pores are getting larger. Skin is oily and wrinkled. Not pretty!
I did my treatments on a Friday afternoon and was back in work Monday without anyone noticed anything. I hid over the weekend though. :-)
You're lucky, immediately after treatment my skin was like white sandpaper with a redness underneath. It was creepy looking. The white sandpaper turned brown and peeled off a few days later. The second day I was so swollen that I looked like some sort of movie monster. The more I hear about treatments that went well the more I realize how I was mishandled.
I had tons of breakouts and my skin peeled for a week
what kind of laser?
Sorry to hear about your bad results. My skin is a mess after 1 fraxel restore 9 weeks ago. How is the micro and peels going?