Eyelid Surgery, Dallas, TX

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was...

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was recurrent. It was in the very corner of my eye. He did that and ALSO removed 25% of my eyelid! There was nothing to remove there. He also placed an unnecessary stint in my tear duct. In all I ended up having a year and a half of more surgeries and now get to wear a medically necessary contact because he ruined my tear duct. My cornea now bleeds due to the fact my eye is so dry. I NEVER had any vision or tear production problem until he performed all this surgery that WAS NEVER NEEDED. I am attaching the photos of the work he did. Keep in mind that he removed 25% of my lower eyelid for no reason. The stitches kept coming out as well and he could not get me into his office to care for it AND put me back under full anesthesia just to re-stitch once (also he stated that he should have given me a protective cover to wear at bed! oops I wonder if that error on his part caused some of my issues with the sutures coming out). After the stitches came out the second time his associate too refused to see me and I went to the emergency room where I was referred to another doctor. The new doctor stitched me right up under local in his office.

Now a year and a half, no eyelashes and a big scar later, I am finally released only to find out that that now I also have to wear a medically necessary contact, NOT FOR VISION but to keep my cornea from bleeding because of the tear duct malfunction he created!

another issue that occured

When you have too much connective tissue removed, apparently it regrows where it can. Mine chose to connect to my eyeball!

he is not an expert!

Dallas Oculoplastic Surgeon

The crazy part is YOU CANNOT FIND AN EXPERT WITNESS TO SUE FOR MALPRACTICE IN TEXAS