Eyelid Surgery, Dallas, TX

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was...

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was recurrent. It was in the very corner of my eye. He did that and ALSO removed 25% of my eyelid! There was nothing to remove there. He also placed an unnecessary stint in my tear duct. In all I ended up having a year and a half of more surgeries and now get to wear a medically necessary contact because he ruined my tear duct. My cornea now bleeds due to the fact my eye is so dry. I NEVER had any vision or tear production problem until he performed all this surgery that WAS NEVER NEEDED. I am attaching the photos of the work he did. Keep in mind that he removed 25% of my lower eyelid for no reason. The stitches kept coming out as well and he could not get me into his office to care for it AND put me back under full anesthesia just to re-stitch once (also he stated that he should have given me a protective cover to wear at bed! oops I wonder if that error on his part caused some of my issues with the sutures coming out). After the stitches came out the second time his associate too refused to see me and I went to the emergency room where I was referred to another doctor. The new doctor stitched me right up under local in his office.

Now a year and a half, no eyelashes and a big scar later, I am finally released only to find out that that now I also have to wear a medically necessary contact, NOT FOR VISION but to keep my cornea from bleeding because of the tear duct malfunction he created!
I'm so sorry for your outcome, have you talked to the new doctor about any possible revision surgery to close the gap in your lower eyelid? ((((HUGS))))
I actually have had close to 15 additional cuts and one bid surgery. Thank you for checking. I did also find out that I get to wear a contact now...forever unless I can get my cornea fixed. Apparently it was also damaged and it will bleed without a "bandage contact". But, the good news is after ayear and a half I am finally pain free :)
All that can be done unfortunatley has been. :( ugh

another issue that occured

When you have too much connective tissue removed, apparently it regrows where it can. Mine chose to connect to my eyeball!
ikb rok, Soooo sorry this happened to you, and to think ps "IS" a oculoplastic surgeon that is thought to be the best type of dr for a eye surgery!!! I have had issues with my blepharplasty , upper & lower, as my eyes don't close properly and it causes all kinds of problems,, dry eyes, blurring ,one lid higher than the other just to name a few, but what you have to deal with is much more severe and I empathize With you. Hope you can sue this incompetent person or get some type of help to have the situation & $$ you spent be recovered. You may have already made a formal complaint to the state board & license bureau , and you may request any other complaints or suits be made available to you& your attorney. Good luck! J
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

i have only been reading RealSelf for a few months. It is deeply distressing to see so much incompetence on the part of surgeons, and so little accountability. The plastic surgery industry often sounds like the back-alley abortion industry of days past: women are mangled, their money is stolen, their powerlessness is taken for granted, their strength is eroded by shame, and by secrecy, and their butchers go effortlessly on to disfigure more women. i am going to try to find an investigative reporter who will blow this world wide open. It shocks, it sickens, and it screams to be heard. ThereIsHope

he is not an expert!

Dallas Oculoplastic Surgeon

The crazy part is YOU CANNOT FIND AN EXPERT WITNESS TO SUE FOR MALPRACTICE IN TEXAS