UNNECESSARY Excision of 25% of Eyelid! - Dallas, TX

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was...

Dr Mazow was supposed to remove a sty that was recurrent. It was in the very corner of my eye. He did that and ALSO removed 25% of my eyelid! There was nothing to remove there. He also placed an unnecessary stint in my tear duct. In all I ended up having a year and a half of more surgeries and now get to wear a medically necessary contact because he ruined my tear duct. My cornea now bleeds due to the fact my eye is so dry. I NEVER had any vision or tear production problem until he performed all this surgery that WAS NEVER NEEDED. I am attaching the photos of the work he did. Keep in mind that he removed 25% of my lower eyelid for no reason. The stitches kept coming out as well and he could not get me into his office to care for it AND put me back under full anesthesia just to re-stitch once (also he stated that he should have given me a protective cover to wear at bed! oops I wonder if that error on his part caused some of my issues with the sutures coming out). After the stitches came out the second time his associate too refused to see me and I went to the emergency room where I was referred to another doctor. The new doctor stitched me right up under local in his office.

Now a year and a half, no eyelashes and a big scar later, I am finally released only to find out that that now I also have to wear a medically necessary contact, NOT FOR VISION but to keep my cornea from bleeding because of the tear duct malfunction he created!

another issue that occured

When you have too much connective tissue removed, apparently it regrows where it can. Mine chose to connect to my eyeball!
Dallas Oculoplastic Surgeon

....

ikb rok, Soooo sorry this happened to you, and to think ps "IS" a oculoplastic surgeon that is thought to be the best type of dr for a eye surgery!!! I have had issues with my blepharplasty , upper & lower, as my eyes don't close properly and it causes all kinds of problems,, dry eyes, blurring ,one lid higher than the other just to name a few, but what you have to deal with is much more severe and I empathize With you. Hope you can sue this incompetent person or get some type of help to have the situation & $$ you spent be recovered. You may have already made a formal complaint to the state board & license bureau , and you may request any other complaints or suits be made available to you& your attorney. Good luck! J
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

i have only been reading RealSelf for a few months. It is deeply distressing to see so much incompetence on the part of surgeons, and so little accountability. The plastic surgery industry often sounds like the back-alley abortion industry of days past: women are mangled, their money is stolen, their powerlessness is taken for granted, their strength is eroded by shame, and by secrecy, and their butchers go effortlessly on to disfigure more women. i am going to try to find an investigative reporter who will blow this world wide open. It shocks, it sickens, and it screams to be heard. ThereIsHope
There is Hope, what a post. I have had some nightmare experiences at the hands of "the best". I know all too well how low some doctors will sink when they know they're not being watched.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi ThereIsHope, I just want to say I completely agree with you. The plastic surgery world should be exposed.

PM me.
Please include my botched eyelids surgery done without informed consent story. I got turned into an aging person . Please send me a Personal email for details.
People don't realize about these things. They always think you can sue and automatically get money. What's the point of getting money if your face is completely ruin and scars cannot be made better. IT is on the face and you cannot hide it. You are constantly reminded of the ugliness that self proclaimed surgeons/doctors done to your face. The court have too many cases. Most that ever made it there have medical problems. People don't realize you have to get an expert witness of the same field to say the doctor that did your surgery did it poorly. Doctors stick together and even though they may admit to you in person that your surgery is done strangely and you are left deformed, they may not do it in court for you. Expert witness cost tons of money. It really on the opinion of the jury panel. My surgery is done really strangely. I only pay attention at my eyelids and to the lateral sides. I didn't look at my eyebrows and forehead because I used to wear heavy bangs. By the time I look, it was too late to take that ba*ster to court. He made frown lines on my forehead. It is not just a line, it looks like a gouge that extends across my forehead. He made expression lines all over the upper part of my face. He done this to me at 27 and not I am in my 40's and the scars and ugliness magnetified to 20X. The doctor who done this to me publicly deny he was the surgeon that done this to me. Even people with average intelligence would know better doing all this stuff to me will deform my face. He denies it and claim it is over exaggeration. I have this deep cut between my eyebrows and if I spread the skin out for you to see, you can see there is a stitch mark there. 2 years ago I gone to an eyelid surgeon and I told him the story and at first he looked at me funny from what I said, then he examined me. He said "who done this to you?" "Is he a medical doctor and board certified?" Then I told him it is an oculoplastic surgeon out in Newport Beach, CA. All the plastic surgeon I gone to see asked the same question. I show some of them my childhood pictures that clearly show my eyes. Why would I want to change that to have wrinkles, gouges and cuts?????????? People had emailed me telling me that he may have been on drugs while performing my surgery because no surgeon would have done something like that. People go get surgery to look better. Why would I ask him to make cuts, gouges, expression lines, frown lines, scars, pleats onto my face??? He made sun burst like scars on my face where he tied knots for his stitching. I was too trusting at the age of 27. Didn't know about crazy doctors that exist like Dr. W. I thought he must know what he was doing. Dr. W. left me with two different sizes and shape of eyes My right eyebrow droops 1/4" because during post surgery follow up , he tried to fix a super deep cut that extends an inch outside of my eyelid crease. He pulled skin down in attempt to patch the ugly cut, so my right tail end of the brown droop. I want to let the world see what this doctor done to my face. It is the truth that he is denying. Why would I name him if it wasn't him that done this to me??? There are zillions out doctors out there and I made a lie up about this whole story and blame him???? He must think the majority of the people are dumb???
I was also aged heavily by an overdone fat graft at a young age which literally gave me stuck on cheekbones and hard lumps in my face. When I was 23 I was also very trusting of doctors. I didn't think a medical doctor would do anything wrong or lie!
Look up a site too called rip off repot. It might be a good place for you to make a post .
I am very glad you posted pictures. People always think that any bad surgery you can sue a doctor and that is not true. In order to sue any doctors you have to get another doctor of the same field that will be on your side. This can only happen if you have tons of money to burn and most lawyers they want to take money up front and no guarantee they even put any effort in your case . This is honest truth that most people don't know about until their surgery is botched. They find out too late about the malpractice laws and the patients pay the high price of being disfigure for life. When it is on your face, it is the hardest to swallow and to forget. I am constantly reminded of my horrible botched eyelid surgery done without my informed consent years ago. Why would I authorize such a surgery that left me with pleats and cuts from above my eyebrows, to the inner part of my eyes, and to the outer part of my eyes. I have "11's" between my eyebrows which none of my much older siblings and parents have. This idiot doc. out in Orange County, CA make pleats on my eyebrows. If I puck all my eyebrow hair then you can see all the super ugly stitch marks that extends to above my eyebrows and to my eyelids. This eye doctor deny it because he is shameless and money hungry. Please don't trust all the articles you read on the internet. Many of these articles and reviews are really written by a PR for the doctor to boost business. If you see a doctor using testimonials, thick many times before using them. Most testimonials are fake. Majoirty of doctors paid for them or give the patients free treatments in exchange for endorsing for certain plastic/comestic procedures. Don't be a sucker and get mess up for life like what happen to me.
Awe Alice I am sorry to hear you had bad surgery too. Texas is one of the hardest states to file malpractice. It is crazy the doctors can do whatever they want and get aways with it! It has been hard to find an attorney since the laws are for the doctor. Here we don't pay upfront which helps. The expert witness can be from anywhere but they charge 10k plus. But it is worth it for all I am dealing with. I have to constantly remove and clean a bandage contact just to see and lessen the pain I will always have. Ugh. I wish the laws werefor us!
My case is way worst than anyone's. My surgery was done without informed consent. The eye doctor touched places where he shouldn't have. I didn't know how to described some of the outcomes of the surgery before, but now I found out the term is called dog ears. Why do people go for consultation when this doctor that I consulted with didn't even right anything down. On my day of surgery he asked me what are we getting done. Then he made a joke "one eye or two eyes". It wasn't very funny because I paid the price for two. Some people think he may either be on drugs and/or drunk. How can anyone explain my outcome looking so messy and beyond believe???
Wow Alice I am so sorry! Sounds similar to mine. He had me sign a consent but said "oh any growth is called a tumor" knowing well I only was having surgery for a stye!! I hope you get betyer. Mine is past getting better. I am in constant pain now because he ruined my cornea and trar duct at the same time as disfiguring me!
I do not have tumors. I went for eyelid surgery and I was young and Dr. W. aged me and left me with tons of cuts and scars. Dr. W. advertise heavily in the past and present and call himself the leader of eyelid surgery. He is completely denying everything he done to me. But I know the high power knows he is the one that done this to me. If you see me , then you will know that no one will give consent to have surgery done like that. How can it improve my looks by giving pleats , cuts and super ugly scars all over the place. Dr. W. has no skills in eyelid surgery for ethnic and non ethnic population.
Oh no your poor woman. I didn't have anything nore than a sty it should have been cut in his office with nothing more than a local. These doctors need something done to them.
IKB, truly sorry you have been put through this , I mean these are your eyes for heavens sake. The dr sounds like a very inexperienced and dangerous PS . I just had blepharplasty surgey 4 weeks ago , all seemed well the firt 3 weeks, now one eye is tearing profusely 24/7 and stays blurry , the other feels like a lot of bristles are poking my eyeball , but my lashes are not the factor( even though my lashes now are pointed to my nose , completely changing the normal direction they grow at. I feel like I almost brought this problem myself because of hating my lower lids, and then having upper&lower surgery. Anyone have or had this situation?
J I am so sorry. It sounda like youe cornea may have been affected, diea it hurt as well? No you did not bring a bad surgery outcome on yourself. Hopefully the dr will correct it.
I'm so sorry for your outcome, have you talked to the new doctor about any possible revision surgery to close the gap in your lower eyelid? ((((HUGS))))
I actually have had close to 15 additional cuts and one bid surgery. Thank you for checking. I did also find out that I get to wear a contact now...forever unless I can get my cornea fixed. Apparently it was also damaged and it will bleed without a "bandage contact". But, the good news is after ayear and a half I am finally pain free :)
All that can be done unfortunatley has been. :( ugh
Wow! I am so very sorry for your experience. Thank you for telling your story and helping others in their search for a competent doctor. I hope you find peace and healing.
Thank you a zillion time for posting the picture because the photo you post speaks the truth.