Hoping for a Great Smile! - Dallas, TX

It's been about a month and a half since my...

It's been about a month and a half since my surgery. I'm hoping in the end, it will be worth the money and time ( and lack of food). I'm a little disappointed at this point because I only have the non-removable teeth on the bottom. Per the Dr., I have a denture on the top to give the screws a change to bond to the bone. Wearing the removable denture is miserable because I have to use so much gel to keep it in place. I have my second post-op appointment next week and they are supposed to re-fit the denture. I do hope it makes a difference because I can't imagine going 3-4 months with this thing in my mouth. I guess the good thing is....so far I've lost about 15 pounds since your so limited on the foods you can eat. By the time I get the permanent teeth, I should be down to a size 2. (just looking on the bright side)!

How are you doing, Cissie?
Amazing that the commercials all say "same day service." Everything I've read from the reviews shows it takes months and months and even over a year in some cases. Crazy.
Doing really well after the denture re-fit. I can actually chew a little more so that really helps. I'm not losing weight any more. I go back in March so they can punch through the gums ( I think that's what they called it) on top to expose the screws (hopefully, not as painful as that sounds. eeks!). I get the non-removable teeth on top in April. Am so excited for that. In early May go in to start the permanent teeth selection process. I'm amazed at how natural the bottoms look and feel even though they are temporary. I have had NO problems at all with the non-removable bottoms. Looking forward to my next visit.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I don't know…a size 2 is pretty small.  Don't lose too much weight!  Although, I suppose the point is that you have no choice because it's so impossible to eat :(.  Good luck next week…still, dentures aren't a great solution no matter what--that's why people hate them.  But you should be able to keep them in your mouth without mounds of gel.  Please let us know how it goes at your next appointment!  I hope that all of this proves worthwhile for you in the end!
Thanks TwoPlusOne. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end:) We all want instant gratification and that's rarely the case. I'm sure once the denture is re-fit, it will be much more tolerable until I can get the non-removable teeth on the top too (which should be in April-ish). I'll keep posting with my progress.
I look forward to it!  Good luck :)