Revision of Breast Reconstruction - Dallas, TX

Both of my breasts were removed due to cancer by...

Both of my breasts were removed due to cancer by Dr. Jan Bussy, one year later I had reconstruction done by Dr. Khan in Fort Worth. It was a big disappointment, my breasts were hard, had no projection, were too big around, clevage was many inches apart, plus Dr. K said the nipple graft "didn't take" (I never did figure out where the donor site was).

After hearing several Fort Worth PS ask "what is it that you don't like? and telling me they thought they looked "fine", I was advised by a nurse friend to go see Dr. Lester in Dallas. He took one look at them and ask "do you want me fix that?" My experience with Dr. Lester was totally different!

After 14 years, my breasts are still soft, moveable, natural feeling, and looking. He and his staff are very kind, understanding, and professional.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

I'm an RN and one of my co-workers referred me to Dr. Lester.

I am so glad that I can read comment from another woman that has experienced what I am going through now. I have the added issue of dealing with the Veterans Admin. It has been a nightmare. It is our body and we have to look in the mirror, we have to comfortable in our new skin. I am lucky in the fact that I have a wonderful husband that has been supportive and believes that I am sexy no matter what. We were only married two months when I found the cancer. As a Disabled USAF Veteran I had already been through so much and had ran from that for years. He helped me face that before we were married. We had faced my getting congestive heart failure 18 months before the wedding. He is my world. That day I found that lump and knew that I promised to never keep anything from him. That walk down those stairs from the shower was like walking from death row. We had all the tests within two days but I already knew. To look into his eyes that night and say I have cancer, made me feel like I put a knife in his heart. I never thought of myself, It was him, my grown children and my grandchildren. I want all ther ladies that go with their gut, If a doctor makes you feel uncomfortable, get a new one. They are not gods. You need to be in charge, it is your body. It is your life. TAKE CHARE!

What a wonderful thing to hear! I am so glad you were finally able to have a reconstruction you were comfortable with. Since hindsight is 20/20 do you have any words of wisdom you would give to ladies to help them try to find a surgeon to do a good reconstruction the first time?