51 Year Old Ready to Downsize 550cc Implants - Dallas, TX

I have had 2 implant upgrades over the last 20...

I have had 2 implant upgrades over the last 20 years.i am ready to downsize, have a lift and look forward to having small breast! I will have my procedure on June 6 th, and I am nervous and excited? I am posting my before pics. My breasts are super large for my small frame. I am 5'4 and weigh 125 lbs.. I will post my after pics and keep updating as I can.
Hi Bebe, I saw from another comment you made that you're going with 200 ccs for the new implants. (Be sure to include that in your next review update.) This will be a nice size on your body frame. Don't you think that we shrink a bit in our older age too? I'm 48 and I swear I feel smaller now than ever, but I suppose my kids make me feel shorter. ;)

I just have to tell you how much I loved your comment about your grandchildren drawing you as the only family member with boobs...and stick figures to top it off. Wish we could see a picture of that...very precious indeed!
Congratulations on finding your surgeon and making the decision. I am so happy with my lift and new smaller, lighter "girls." You will enjoy trying on all the clothes in your closet that you have avoided wearing! Good luck!
Thank you for your encouraging words...I enjoyed your day to day post op posts...

Pre-op visit

Well the pre-op went very well. Dr Annigians nurse was very informative on everything from what to expect when I first take off my bandages for my first bath on post -op day 3, to how much activity I should be doing for the first few weeks. So, hubby and I are to arrive 1 hour before scheduled time for surgery which is 10 am. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before ( this is going to be hard for me :). I will see the Dr In His office, he will see me and mark my breasts where he wants thenew position of nipples to be ect. Then we will walk down the hall to the surgical suite and do this!! We will spend the night in the hospital hospitality house and go home the next day! I will be wearing a compression garment and sports bra for the next several weeks. Now to get everything here at my business and home caught up before the next two weeks. I am also to start Arnica 3-4 times a day as reccommened by his nurse until after surgery for bruising and soreness... Until next time...we will talk soon :))
I do think we shrink as we get older! I. Wish I could have saved the drawing my Gdaughter did of me lol. I make handcrafted soap and body products and she was in my work kitchen with chalk drawing on the floor..I left it there until it rubbed off lol. I can't wait to see if she will even notice my size change.
Yes, be sure to let us know if your granddaughter notices a change in your size! ;)

You might also enjoying checking out a forum where other women in their 50's are getting breast surgery. Good luck next week!

Well I did it..had 550 silicone overs taken out, a lift, and replaced with 200 cc

I can't write a lot to day because I am feeling really rough..but the whopper 550's out, my lift and lipo to flanks, bra line and tummy ...it is no cake walk ladies...had 3 kid without any anesthesia and this far more painful ...I'll try and write more later. Today is just been 30 hours...
How are you liking the smaller size? Are you feeling better? Family feedback?
Good morning! I do like the smaller size. It was really a big change going from bra size 34 DD and some larger and the 550 removed to 225 and a lot of excess skin and tissue removed. There are sooo many incisions inside and out, I'm just a little concerned that everything is going to land in its proper destination :). But, I also am an overthinkinker on a lot of things. My daughter loves them and says, now you look proportionate to your small frame...my two sons just keep asking me if I'm feeling ok, and if they can do anything for me. hubby, he's has been wonderful and is always my grounding wire, lol...he just says, relax, this Dr. Knows exactly what he had planned, so give it some time. Most of friends are not much on opinions until we all get together for a fun girl night, and the wine starts flowing lol, ...the lipo areas are starting to take shape. Still major swelling, but, my skinny jeans already fitting better when I can tolerate then....CG for another 3 weeks.
Newmeaug13, you have been a huge inspiration for me! I appreciate you sharing your experiences !

2weeks post op on mastopexy, implant downsizing and lipo

Here is my 2 week update. Somehow I lost my others, but I feel like I've been in a fog :). I am happy with the progression now. Until a few days ago I felt like I may have made the wrong decision to do this. But, there's going to be a period that you go through that you question results. This is a long recovery for anyone that's on this recovery journey....I still have extensive bruising . I took arnica 2 weeks before and after, but I bruise easily anyway, so the specimen here wasn't the greatest to use as a barometer, lol. There has been a lot of emotions flying around with this. Before and after . I hope everyone is healing well, taking care of you and following your post op recommendations ! Hugs! I will keep updating ...meanwhile me and my 3 Yorkies stay piled in the bed for our naps several times a day!!!
How are you feeling?
Congratulations Bebe51!  You look good in your pictures...I'm excited for you! Glad you're feeling more like you've made the right decision. You're right, emotions can be all over the place post-op. Try to take advantage of any help from your husband and children. I'd love to see a picture of your Yorkies too! ;)
You are looking great and the size is perfect on you! I had a lot of bruising too and can attest to the difficult healing process, but it is all worth it.

4 week update on BL with implants

It seems like these last 4 weeks have flown by. I tried to take more than one pic, but my memory if full on my phone..will post more later. I still have steri strips on and have to keep them on for 2 more weeks to help the incisions stay together and to help with less scarring. I have changed them once, and I'm ecstatic over how small, thin and light the scars already are. I love love the way I feel in my clothes. I feel so blessed to have been able to have this procedure. The lipo areas are still sore, a little hard and a few lumps. I massage everyday, and I'm not too concerned about this nor the swelling I have. The swelling is worse in the evenings and I'm still wearing the CG most of the day and all night. My breasts are still quite tender, but sports bras help with keeping them close to my chest wall. Any movement of them and I kinda freak , mostly thinking I'm tearing something..I had one side that seemed higher than the other and now slowly that's resolving...I am more than happy at still this early in the recovery period ,to have had this procedure done. I can see that not being careful choosing a PS that is an expert at doing this could be a disaster. I will continue to post pics as I can so that all of you that trying to decide And those of you that have had this behind me can be updated..I pray for fast healing and peace for all of you:)
oh, bebe51, thank goodness for ur comment. I am 11 days away, had post op with the nurse only and am still struggling with what size. When I firs tried on sizers I said 300, then 375, then up to 400. I dont want overly busty, but what I have plus fill out the rest of the loose skin and tightened and lifted. I still dont know BWD, but I think a 14' will fit w no problem. That means at least a 400cc implant, but what if that is to big? What made you go down to the 200's from 550?
You look Great!! They do fit your frame perfect. BTW I Love your hair cut too!!
You look great!!! What size bra are you now?

6 weeks post op mastopexy with implants

So, I removed some of the steri strips. On the bottom incisions for the first time, and I'm very pleased with them,.still have some stubborn bruises over my nipple area..but I'm trying to be patient..I go for my 6 week follow up next week. Finally starting to feel human again..hope everyone is healing well and to your liking :))
You look fantastic! I want to have lipo too but worry about the pain. I'm considering Smart Lipo in just a few areas around bra line etc.. Your doctor did a great job and your scars look great. Mine were very thin like yours but at one year post they are wider from gravity and weight of the implant. The scars are light tho so it's all good. Thanks for sharing and posting your update. My daughter just gave me a necklace like yours. So sweet.
Love that necklace...you know the lipo was the worst about the combinations of procedures I had...and it seems to be one of the most underestimated procedures out there...man, it's painful..but glad I did it now..and after whining for 4 weeks about how much it hurt...I'd do it again because I'm really seeing the results now ;)
Your new girls look perfect! Your PS did an amazing job! Wish you a fast and sexy recovery! Hahaha keep is posted!

7 week post op..like pics better in soft lighting

Went for post op today,,,very happy ..I have a little pucker under my left breast that he will fix in 6 weeks...I was concerned about the areola coloring..brown in the middle, darker pink to light pink around the edges..said it would all settle back down to the brown color, but may be a few more months...still swollen in lipo areas, but I knew that it could be 4 months or more before that takes the shape it's supposed to..I think I'll take more pics in the soft lighting at night in the bedroom :)) looks all filtered and good to me. This was a thumbs up procedure to me. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Dr. Anigian is awesome. For anyone that is wandering g about his ability. He is a board certified PS in Dallas Texas and has been for 30 years. His specialty is breast surgery, BA, BL, Reductions, Reconstruction after breast Ca ect. His staff is very accommodating, and professional. I will continue to update as the weeks go on. I appreciate the support of this site and the women here who share their stories and support each other...this is the third augmentation I've had in 20 years and the best by far...
I agree you look great! I too have HP375 unders, and just had a pocket revision after the first surgery 1 year ago, still don't still change..too much upper pole fullness, that's what I like about your photo's, not so much upper pole fullness, but nice full perky breast...just what I want...did you have the same upper pole fullness before? What size did you go too now? I will def revise in future..
Your breasts look wonderful and perky! I'm very happy for you! I felt so much lighter and trim with a smaller size. Congrats!
Thank you both newme's! I am very happy with them...! Now, the lipo is a different story :(.. But, ps is never an absolute perfect I'm learning! Hope you both are healing well...this definitely as everyone calls, a journey!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Annigan is a very professional and competent PS. He explained to me and my husband what was safe as far as taking out implants, performing a lift and adding more implants. He is easy to communicate with and made us feel very comfortable. His staff is awesome. They always answer my questions and return my calls promptly. I would reccommened Dr. Annigan to anyone. I will add my post surgical reviews after surgery.