51 Year Old Ready to Downsize 550cc Implants - Dallas, TX

I have had 2 implant upgrades over the last 20...

I have had 2 implant upgrades over the last 20 years.i am ready to downsize, have a lift and look forward to having small breast! I will have my procedure on June 6 th, and I am nervous and excited? I am posting my before pics. My breasts are super large for my small frame. I am 5'4 and weigh 125 lbs.. I will post my after pics and keep updating as I can.

Pre-op visit

Well the pre-op went very well. Dr Annigians nurse was very informative on everything from what to expect when I first take off my bandages for my first bath on post -op day 3, to how much activity I should be doing for the first few weeks. So, hubby and I are to arrive 1 hour before scheduled time for surgery which is 10 am. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before ( this is going to be hard for me :). I will see the Dr In His office, he will see me and mark my breasts where he wants thenew position of nipples to be ect. Then we will walk down the hall to the surgical suite and do this!! We will spend the night in the hospital hospitality house and go home the next day! I will be wearing a compression garment and sports bra for the next several weeks. Now to get everything here at my business and home caught up before the next two weeks. I am also to start Arnica 3-4 times a day as reccommened by his nurse until after surgery for bruising and soreness... Until next time...we will talk soon :))

Well I did it..had 550 silicone overs taken out, a lift, and replaced with 200 cc

I can't write a lot to day because I am feeling really rough..but the whopper 550's out, my lift and lipo to flanks, bra line and tummy ...it is no cake walk ladies...had 3 kid without any anesthesia and this far more painful ...I'll try and write more later. Today is just been 30 hours...

2weeks post op on mastopexy, implant downsizing and lipo

Here is my 2 week update. Somehow I lost my others, but I feel like I've been in a fog :). I am happy with the progression now. Until a few days ago I felt like I may have made the wrong decision to do this. But, there's going to be a period that you go through that you question results. This is a long recovery for anyone that's on this recovery journey....I still have extensive bruising . I took arnica 2 weeks before and after, but I bruise easily anyway, so the specimen here wasn't the greatest to use as a barometer, lol. There has been a lot of emotions flying around with this. Before and after . I hope everyone is healing well, taking care of you and following your post op recommendations ! Hugs! I will keep updating ...meanwhile me and my 3 Yorkies stay piled in the bed for our naps several times a day!!!

4 week update on BL with implants

It seems like these last 4 weeks have flown by. I tried to take more than one pic, but my memory if full on my phone..will post more later. I still have steri strips on and have to keep them on for 2 more weeks to help the incisions stay together and to help with less scarring. I have changed them once, and I'm ecstatic over how small, thin and light the scars already are. I love love the way I feel in my clothes. I feel so blessed to have been able to have this procedure. The lipo areas are still sore, a little hard and a few lumps. I massage everyday, and I'm not too concerned about this nor the swelling I have. The swelling is worse in the evenings and I'm still wearing the CG most of the day and all night. My breasts are still quite tender, but sports bras help with keeping them close to my chest wall. Any movement of them and I kinda freak , mostly thinking I'm tearing something..I had one side that seemed higher than the other and now slowly that's resolving...I am more than happy at still this early in the recovery period ,to have had this procedure done. I can see that not being careful choosing a PS that is an expert at doing this could be a disaster. I will continue to post pics as I can so that all of you that trying to decide And those of you that have had this behind me can be updated..I pray for fast healing and peace for all of you:)

6 weeks post op mastopexy with implants

So, I removed some of the steri strips. On the bottom incisions for the first time, and I'm very pleased with them,.still have some stubborn bruises over my nipple area..but I'm trying to be patient..I go for my 6 week follow up next week. Finally starting to feel human again..hope everyone is healing well and to your liking :))

7 week post op..like pics better in soft lighting

Went for post op today,,,very happy ..I have a little pucker under my left breast that he will fix in 6 weeks...I was concerned about the areola coloring..brown in the middle, darker pink to light pink around the edges..said it would all settle back down to the brown color, but may be a few more months...still swollen in lipo areas, but I knew that it could be 4 months or more before that takes the shape it's supposed to..I think I'll take more pics in the soft lighting at night in the bedroom :)) looks all filtered and good to me. This was a thumbs up procedure to me. I would do it again in a heartbeat! Dr. Anigian is awesome. For anyone that is wandering g about his ability. He is a board certified PS in Dallas Texas and has been for 30 years. His specialty is breast surgery, BA, BL, Reductions, Reconstruction after breast Ca ect. His staff is very accommodating, and professional. I will continue to update as the weeks go on. I appreciate the support of this site and the women here who share their stories and support each other...this is the third augmentation I've had in 20 years and the best by far...
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Annigan is a very professional and competent PS. He explained to me and my husband what was safe as far as taking out implants, performing a lift and adding more implants. He is easy to communicate with and made us feel very comfortable. His staff is awesome. They always answer my questions and return my calls promptly. I would reccommened Dr. Annigan to anyone. I will add my post surgical reviews after surgery.

My gosh, they are beautiful! Thanks for replying to my comment asking you what made you need to change them. I can't seem to find the comment so I could reply below it #! I was thinking of 34D for myself. I'm 5'3 and 140lbs. I couldn't help thinking that If this is smaller to you, I wonder what they looked like before; they look big to me but with the size that I am I suppose even a C cup looks big to me!! Do you have a before (this procedure) and after picture?
You know I posted some before pics on here at the beginning, they were on the site and then they disappered..I went back to the ps and forgot to ask them to send me some befores so I could post them..I deleted them on my ipad after I posted as I have granddaughters that play on here frequently..but, yes I was huge and saggy with 550cc implants. I didn't realize until my ps commented that I have a lot of breast tissue side from the implants, so I guess that's why with even the 220 and 250 implants they still look big...they look very small to me, lol..the projection is what I notice the most. I had high profile before and I believe mod profile now. :) thank you for you sweet compliment!
Wow, your breasts are beautiful! They look natural and beautiful, and you have a great figure too. Sexy mama!
Thank you! I really appreciate the compliment! Hope your feeling well! It's definitely a long healing process! I hope you will keep posting your progress!
You're welcome! I will post pics/updates about every 10 days. Happy healing!
They look Great! Would have never guessed they were 200 cc!!! I went with 304 and 371 (getting down to 127 fingers crossed) Guess I am being greedy-- Husband and PS says I have a good size. Glad you are happy they do look amazing
You look fantastic! I want to have lipo too but worry about the pain. I'm considering Smart Lipo in just a few areas around bra line etc.. Your doctor did a great job and your scars look great. Mine were very thin like yours but at one year post they are wider from gravity and weight of the implant. The scars are light tho so it's all good. Thanks for sharing and posting your update. My daughter just gave me a necklace like yours. So sweet.
Love that necklace...you know the lipo was the worst about the combinations of procedures I had...and it seems to be one of the most underestimated procedures out there...man, it's painful..but glad I did it now..and after whining for 4 weeks about how much it hurt...I'd do it again because I'm really seeing the results now ;)
Your new girls look perfect! Your PS did an amazing job! Wish you a fast and sexy recovery! Hahaha keep is posted!
Thanks Tica, it's getting better daily !
Hi BeBe! You look great!!! Fabulous! I got my implants in my 30s. I was about a 36 AA and now am 38C. I have always felt my breasts were too big for my small-boned frame. Time to revise them. Do you mind saying how much it cost? If this is rude to ask, just say so.
Hello Popsu, no, I don't mind at all...my mastopexy and implants were $10,500. I know every PS is different, but , that's about the going price , give or take 1.500 in Dallas. Where are you?
Wow! I guess I'm not surprised, but I was hoping it would be quite a bit less. Since the pockets are already done and it would be less difficult to put smaller implants under muscles, I guess I was thinking that it might be less than the first time. But things have gone up since I got my first augmentation 30 years ago. LOL! Also, you're still paying for the operating room, the doctor's time, and the anesthesiologist. So yes, I shouldn't be surprised at the cost. I think I'll just try to be content with the size I have, and just be glad that I am healthy and the implants seem okay. (Not leaking). I live 10 minutes south of DFW international airport. Bebe, I hope you continue to heal and are very happy with your implants! Thank you so much for your reply!
Thanks Popsu, the main reason for the increased price is because of the lift..if you have implants already and you want a lift and implant exchange, the price does include, anesthesia, OR, physician fees for new implants, removal of old ones, removal of old capsule, reducing the size of the old pockets inside, removing excess skin on the bottom of the breasts to lift them up, moving areola and nipple up. So it's. Much more of an extensive procedure than inserting implants....:)
Congrats you look good.I wonder if I may want to downsize later on down the road
Thank you rgirl19... I don't ever regret having my big implants...never thought when I did get them that several years down the road I would want more conservative ones...but, I guess that's life, we all change. I just couldn't imagine myself on my cane later in life with 550cc boobs, lol...wouldn't I be the hit at the nursing home!
So true.well you look wonderful
oh, bebe51, thank goodness for ur comment. I am 11 days away, had post op with the nurse only and am still struggling with what size. When I firs tried on sizers I said 300, then 375, then up to 400. I dont want overly busty, but what I have plus fill out the rest of the loose skin and tightened and lifted. I still dont know BWD, but I think a 14' will fit w no problem. That means at least a 400cc implant, but what if that is to big? What made you go down to the 200's from 550?
You look Great!! They do fit your frame perfect. BTW I Love your hair cut too!!
I just saw this sweet post 14373, thank you! I had hair down to my bra strap last year at this time, so this haircut was a huge change :)...
You look great!!! What size bra are you now?
Thank you! I'm a 34 d in a formed or lined cup and a 34 c in a stretchy unlined cup...be glad when I can get these steri strips off!
are the steri strips off yet ? I was told mine needed to stay on for 3 weeks which would make it aug 14th.
Trish, I kept mine on for 6 weeks,. I will be 8 weeks this Friday. My PS felt like leaving them on for so long helps with the scarring..idk, but I am very pleased with my incisions...I have darker skin, so I'm having some hyper pigmentation around the incisions, it's fading some from when I first peeked. Hoping it fades completely. I guess the alternative if they don't,is try some lightening agents or laser..after healing from lipo, the word laser makes me break out in a sweat, lol...did they do an anchor or lollipop lift Trish..you may have posted that, I don't remember ...
just a lolipop lift. they are tight today. I was reading that by day 5 the swelling was at its peak for the first week. Then may taper off some but the 7th day but to expect it for two weeks straight if not up to 3 months. ugh, 'I'm eating no sodium. I have had diet drinks which are full, Im sure but mostly fruit salad and some meat and chic. here and there I could live on cheerios alone and never touch hot food. Is there anything that might help the swelling, PS said no ice!!!