Bilateral Capsulectomy with Explanation at 56 Years Old - Dallas, TX

After many years with breast implants put in by...

After many years with breast implants put in by another doctor, I decided at 56 years old that it was time to have them removed. I had never been really happy with them (too big) and I felt they were making me look matronly rather than sexy. So I made an appointment with Dr. White because of his high ratings and reputation as a Dallas area surgeon. I expressed all of my fears to him about my age and the likelihood that I would look deformed and saggy. Dr. White never made any false promises to me, but immediately assured me that he would do everything in his power to get the best possible outcome. Dr. White performed a Bilateral Capsulectomy with Explanation, meaning he removed the implants as well as the capsule and scar tissue around them. Although I am left with a smaller breast size than I was before the implants, I am so pleased with the results. After following all of Dr. White's instructions to the letter, and 6 weeks of wearing a compression bra, I am amazed that the skin has shrunken as much as it has. Dr. White had initially said that I would probably need to come back and have a breast lift, and although it would probably make them look even better, they look acceptable now. If I decide not to go through with a lift, I am still very satisfied with the results. I am convinced that because of Dr. White's total dedication to each and every one of his patients, the best results possible are achieved.

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf! Did you have any problems with your implants besides not liking the look of them (such as pain, hardness, etc.)?
Yes, I was starting to have some capsular contraction, particularly in the right breast. It was staring to look and feel like a baseball. No pain though. Mine were 350cc on top of the muscle, so they were also beginning to get quite saggy as well
Dallas Plastic Surgeon