Wow... Looks Good Don't It! - Dallas, TX

I was 49 and my last child was leaving home. I had...

I was 49 and my last child was leaving home. I had 2 c-sections and looked stretched and sagging..."I looked like I had a butt coming and going". He did a "handle bar tummy tuck and I was in a bikini in 4 months.

I am now 62 and I have a beautiful abdomen. I would do it again if I had it to do over.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

He is very skilled and his work is beautiful. I am coming back to him for facial work.

Peggyroberts, how are you doing? Was wondering if you had your facial procedure done yet? Your posts are very inspiring and I like reading them!
Fun!!!! You sound great!!! Honey, you will love what you have done. Kinda like Christmas for deserving gal. I suspect you were a very good mom and now you are taking care of you. (Hubby will love it too.) He sounds very sweet. In a few months, you will have so much energy and a fresh outlook on so many things you have put on the "shelf" raising a family. Don't let "old fogies" hold you back. Work out...diet intelligently, and start shopping in the junior department...lol... don't get crazy, but there are some cute things we can still wear. Remember...a number like 62 or whatever doesn't define us! I am there with ya! I worked out today... hard! Let's stay in touch. There is something special about us Baby Boomers! Hang tuff!
called the ps office today. She was not in and nurse does not seem to be alarmed. I think it is just the shock of the surgery, because it happened twice. Hopefully it has nothing to do with drains. Drains looked pinkish/bloody. No foul smell. Hubby is the one doing it/ I don't even want to look at them (chicken}, I did peak when he was changing the dressing and I don't have a big belly any more. Can't wait to take them out and be a real person. I do believe that arnica montana is helping me on the swelling deparment. I am not swelling as much and my husband got 30/20cc on each drain.Thanks for all your chat. It helped me get thru the surgery. Except for my hubby, nobody knew that I had it done.
Call your doctor about the fever if you are uncomfortable about it. I don't really know if that is normal...it might be. I wouldn't chance it. If you still are running any...call. It will be fine. Your body has had a big shock for sure. Go with it...relax and enjoy this down time. Think forward...how cool will it be when you are all ship shape!!! (Call your doctor. ;)
Little depressed just about now. Another case of fever. I had one Saturday night and took tylenol. Did not call the ps. Half an hour after taking tylenol, I felt my usual self. Tonight about 11pm, I feel like Iam having another fever. Just took another tylenol. When I call the ps tomorrow, I am sure she would want to see me. I have not taken a shower yet, so I feel unclean. Other than I know I had been thru a major surgery, I feel good,. I did not expect to feel this good. Have a nice evening ms peggyrobert.
Absolutely! You are just beginning a brand new Baby Boomer Stage3!!!! Stage 1 Growing up! Stage 2 Marriage and kids! Stage 3!!!! Yea!!!! All about you. Go for it. Live every day looking forward and being proud of all you have done! You, my dear, are worth every penny it takes to make these Stage 3 years more wonderful. You will never regret this. Best wishes and blessings. OH! My surgeon is a highly respected doctor in Dallas, TX. He gave me a great tip for faster recovery. I still use this natural herb for bruising and varicose veins. Go to a health food store and get some Arnica Montana pills. They simply reduce the swelling and bruising. The Arnica gel or lotion is great for sore muscles and pain. Cool, huh? They have nothing else in them that causes any side effects. Check it out!

Peggy
thanks peggyrobert. This is another kind of journey in our lives. I opted not to tell any of my kids, ranging from 43 to 39. Not that they will judge me, its just easier that way. My husband is the only that knows. Thanks everyone for all your words of encouragement. I did buy arnica montana and started the pills 2 days before surgery.
How are you doing Leena? I'm so proud of you. Keep taking the Arnica. I go natural when I can...It's good stuff. BTW... I can't begin to tell you how much the tummy improves with time. Right after my surgery..I looked like someone tried to open me with a boy scout knife... But don't you worry... It miraculously disappears and you will be sooooo happy.
Take it easy.
Damn you look good!
Well ...thank ya!
hi peggyrobert, I had been searching from anyone over 60 that had their tt done. I just happened to see that you are 62 years old. I am 62 going on 63 in 4 months and having my tt/lipo tomorrow. Nervous as heck and anxious. Cleaned the whole house all day, took shower at 300pm and now on my jammies. Had bm all day yesterday, tummy ache today, etc, etc. You looked great. I am only 4'9 inches and I have too much skin/flab hanging. I do not know what to think of this, if it is worth it since Iam over 60.
I would go on what your doctor says. The more you lost before you have the surgery the better. If you are having trouble losing...maybe you need help from your doctor. Weight Watchers is really good, too. It's slower but a great approach to weight loss.
I want abdominoplasty but my friends and family keep telling me I have to lose moe weight. I am at 200 pounds and can not lose anymore. I have a personal trainer 5 days a week and eat really clean. I want to lose more weight but my stomach gets in the way of some excersices. What should i do? Please help!
You got it! Let's keep in touch! Staying in shape is part of life. I've learned to see it as important as eating and sleeping.
Thanks, girl. I'm working on losing about 15 pounds. I joined a gym and love love love using the machines. I'm just so proud of you. It is amazing that you have lost all of that weight and then had the surgery. You look great! Don't forget the benefits of working out. When your doctor gives the go ahead... work on those muscles. It really helps. Ciao! Bella!
Went back to gym tonight, hitting machines slowly as I can still feel a pull down the middle where the abs were stitched. I'm going to try and lose 10 lb in next 3 months, then going in for an inner medial thigh lift. Thank you for the encouragement - just when I needed it!
Thank you and love the part of "can't find scar now" LOL.
Great! Take care of YOU! Sounds like you are. "Fight like a girl!"
Thank you so much for posting, your tummy remains tight and smooth - gives me great inspiration! I will fight to take care of it. You do look awesome!
I'd love to see pics before/after when you are able - did it take long before you saw final results? I'm 9 wks out from TT and was wondering. Sounds like your TT is holding well for you also. I hope mine does too -LOL.
lol... I thought it was beautiful when I hobbled with bruises, drains and stitches into the bathroom and looked at it. But, to answer you...it was about 2 months-ish when I lost the bruising and looked fairly normal. 6 months was a good mark of when all of the swelling was totally gone and the scar started losing color. I can't even find the scar now. As far as it staying tight and pretty...It looks as good today at 62 as it did at 49. Majorly happy with my decision. Be patient...we are all different.
Pics are up!

Thank you for sharing your story here on RealSelf.  You made me laugh out loud with the butt coming and going comment.

Did you have the tummy tuck done when you were 49?   If so it is good to hear about positive results on a tummy tuck years later.  That question has come up on the site several times and women want to know how it will hold up over the years.

Do you happen to have any before and after pics you would consider sharing?
Kimmer25... I do have a pic... I will post a before (so gross) and an after when I get home today...you will love it. It was truly the best thing I have ever done for me. Twin boys and a big baby girl totally destroyed my stomach. Dr. G Hunt Neurohr in Dallas was/is fabulous. I have a new stomach and it looks better than ever...I'm 62 and I could tastefully wear a bikini this summer. I'm retiring from teaching in a week and I'm planning a lower face/neck lift. Can't wait!
Not sure I answered you on the age...I was actually 50 when I had it done...12 years ago. I'm going to post a before pic at (50 yrs.) and a current pic at age 62!