I Deserve This! - Dallas, TX

I'd lost 120lbs through diet and exercise. Prior...

I'd lost 120lbs through diet and exercise. Prior to that I had 1 CSection and a Myomectomy. After my weight loss, my stomach was horrendous. It's still early, but I am already very happy with my results.

Hi All! 6 weeks post op and I am feeling great....

Hi All! 6 weeks post op and I am feeling great. I've been walking and I would be back to my pre op exercise routine this weekend; but I can't start for another couple weeks. A couple weeks after my surgery, I developed a DVT which resulted in PE's in my lungs! Yes, the dreaded blood clots. Thank God I made it to the hospital and was diagnosed before it left me in distress and/pain. I was in the hospital for 6 days on intensive blood thinner medication. I'll be on blood thinners for 6-12 months. It's inconvenience, especially since much of my regular diet included foods in vitamin K, but I am just happy to be alive. I am not sure how it happened, as I walked after the surgery. My Protein S is genetically low, so that may have been the cause. I am not totally sure.. again, I am just so thankful to God.. because it could have been worse. I have always had a love for life and lived each day to the fullest. This situation definitely reminded me of how fragile life is.. and to live each day like its your last. Other than the blood clots, this entire Tummy Tuck experience has been great.. swelling, but not a lot of it. My incision is awesome.. healed (externally) fully and I am just excited to get back to my regularly scheduled routine. Working out.. eating healthy and loving on my husband and 4 year old. I highly recommend Dr. Hobar!
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon and his staff made the whole experience very pleasant. He did an awesome job with my extended tummy tuck. He was honest, yet pleasant from consultation to date. I'd recommend him to all. If I ever decide to have more work done, he WILL be my surgeon.

How did you know you had blood clots? What were your symptoms? (just wondering what to look for after my surgery)