Smart Lipo and Thermage - Dallas, TX

I am a 40 y/o mother of 3, in relatively good...

I am a 40 y/o mother of 3, in relatively good shape, but haven't been able to get ride of my muffin top from those pregnancies! Today I had Smart Lipo on my abdomen and love handles, as well as Thermage on my face. I arrived at 8:30 and was given my medications - 2 hydrocodone, 2 valiums, 2 antibiotics and a phenagren.

Thermage - The Thermage was performed first. The tech was so sweet and visited with me the entire time. The procedure took about an hour, and was virtually painless. It was a little tender around the nose and neck, like a needle prick. I felt the tightening around my lips almost immediately, and can see a difference already in my lower cheeks.

Smart Lipo - After the Thermage, my doctor came in and consulted with me about the lipo. Before and After pictures were made, and then I was taken back for the procedure. I was given a shot of versaid (sp?) at that point. The doc gave me 3-4 shots of lidocaine at the insertion site, and made and incision at each place. There was some slight stinging from the shot. He then used a cannula to inject a lidocaine/saline solution throughout the space he'd be suctioning. Not much pain here,either. The next step was laser - the purpose was to liquify the fat, while tightening the collagen underneath. Again, not too bad. Finally, the suction. A third cannula was inserted, and felt strong vibrations as he moved it all around to reach the target areas. For the most part, it was painless, although up around my ribs hurt at times. Not unbearable though.

Just woke from a nap about 4 hours after I got home from the procedures. I'm quite sore in the abdomen (just sent the dh to get my pain meds), but no issues with face. I was given a leotard-style compression garment to wear, so I'm looking pretty sexy... ;-)

The staff and physician at this office were very friendly, wonderful bedside manner, and were sure to explain every step of the procedures as they were happening. As far as the experience, I give a thumbs up. Jury is still out on results, since it takes up to 6 months to see the most dramatic results. Like I mentioned above, I can already see some in my face, and the fat around my belly is definitely gone, although I'm still swollen. I'll post my progress!

I'm including pictures below. Very hard for me to look at! I think my expectations are realistic - I'm not looking for an 20 y/o yoga instructor body, just one that I can feel confident and not have people ask me if I'm pregnant! And don't we love it when people mistake our age? I'm just not ready to look like I'm in my 40's. Fighting it every step of the way! ;-)

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day 1 post procedure: I am sore this AM, but am...

Day 1 post procedure:
I am sore this AM, but am headed to work nonetheless. I removed and changed my bandages and am already pleased with what I see! THere is some minor bruising at this point, and very little drainage.

Has anyone had bbl with dr johnson and if so what were your results
I am looking for a friend in Dallas to split a "special package" $9600 total price in Dallas,TX with Dr. Nathan long.

I contacted them and they said 3 people can get 2 areas done or two can get three areas each done. Average per area is $1600 with this 6 area package but normally the price is almost $3,000 I believe.
I don't need 6 areas done just two or three depending.I have heard great things about him. If anyone is interested in getting lipo and/or splitting a package please email me sissy_85@yahoo.com
Anyone have experience with Dr. Caruth in Plano? I'm about to go in for smartlipo or aqua lipo. Too anxious and need some proper information.
Dr. Bill Johnson

The physician and staff were very friendly and informative. Would definitely use for other procedures. I gave the 4 stars on payment and wait time only because I was delayed in being taken back until my payment went through. We used our check card, which apparently had a daily limit, so had to call our bank to have the limit raised. You can write a check, but only up to #3000. I understand that they needed to be paid in full at the time of the procedure. We should have thought ahead. However, it delayed everything about 30 min. I suggest that you make sure your check card has the necessary limit prior to your procedure.