Wonderful Doctor - Dallas

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

He has a great bedside manner, plus he talented. He and another Dr. reconstructed my lips. He did an excellent job and I high recommend him.

Hi,

Okay, But 1st can I edit the comment? I made a few typos late last night I would like to correct.

This is probably not your normal procedure. Dr. David Genecov met w/Dr. Duffy to assist him with my facial reconstruction. They had nothing to build on. I was in an car accident. It was pretty bad. Dr. Genecov called most of the shots, but it was Dr. Duffy's idea to use skin,tissue,nerves and blood supply from my thigh. He has developed this procedure so he could do breast reconstruction. I was in Medical City for 1 week afterwards, they were concerned that the tissue might die, but everything went well. I just love Dr. Duffy and I would use him again for anything. He is so pleasant and fun to be around and also again very talented. Where he took the skin from my my upper thigh to about my knee he used some type of surgical glue and the scar doesn't really stand out at all at this happened in Jan. 2009.

His part is done, I'm so glad he could help. I see him about a couple times of year, sometimes when I'm with Dr. Genecov he'll tell me that Dr.Duffy wants me to stop by on my way out. When I see him, he'll give me a big old hug and ask how I'm holding up. Admire their work and take pictures. Even if he has other patients and his waiting room is always full of women singing his praises, he'll make time for me. It feel good that even though his part is done, he still keeps track of me. Also, his office staff is the best. They are so kind and encouraging. One of his main objectives is to make sure you are comfortable at all times and that you understand what is happening.

It's funny but when I go in for a "tweak" we'll hear someone talking about Dr. Duffy or we'll see him ourselves as he's going into the OR. If he sees us he always checks on us. I wish more Dr.'s where like him.

So it's hard to say would I do it again, No, because it was too extreme, but I would most definately use him again. The downtime, I'm not sure what his part in that was. It was a 9 hour surgery. But I'm glad he assisted because of his technique I have semi-functional lips that other surgeons (even Parkland/UTSW that's were I was taken after the accident) said couldn't happen.

He is one of heros!

Hi Sheryl,

Thanks for the review, but before I add you to the lip surgery community page could you please provide a bit more information about your experience to fully aid our community? :)

1. Did you experience pain and downtime?
2. Would you do it again?
3. What do you wish you knew before hand?

Thanks so much,