Very Pleased with my Results - Dallas, TX

The Medi Spa I go to for treatments recommended I...

The Medi Spa I go to for treatments recommended I try IPL 6 months ago for rosacea redness and visible blood vessels. For 6 months, I read negative reviews online and looked at the photos or zebra stripe burns and wanted to get IPL but was very anxious about bad results.

Then yesterday I got an email from the spa about a discounted price for IPL (from $425 to $125 for one session) so I tried it. I had a very good experience.

The nurse technician put a very thick layer of the gel and went over my face for the first round with the machine adjusted to 20, then over my nose and cheeks for a second pass with the machine set to 25. Sometimes I felt a little sting--like a minor rubber band snap--on my skin, and the lights--looks like you're in a toaster over--were a little distracting but the experience was not unpleasant and I immediately had at least 50% reduction in redness and appearance or blood vessels.

This morning, my skin was even better. I wish I had taken before photos, but I am perhaps too vain to photograph my flaws. The reduction in redness (from rosacea) was better than any product or treatment ever received from my dermatologist's office and all but 2 of the blood vessels are just gone.

I will be returning for a second (and maybe third) IPL on my face, then I will take on my shoulders and chest with IPL to see how IPL takes on freckles. I wish I had done this sooner.

The nurse told me that people with fairer skin (my skin is about 2 shades darker than the palest makeup shade and my eyes are green, hair is is dark blonde) benefit more from IPL. And that a thick layer of the gel on your face is the key to avoiding burns. Plus you need an experienced nurse technician.

I know people with negative results are more likely to post online, but if you have redness and blood vessels, please consider IPL. I look forward to life with no more concealer.

Zeal Medi Spa

GET EYE PROTECTION! If you have another session, get shields for your eyes. The IPL can permanently damage your irises. Google it!

Hi egl,

That's great it worked so well. Yes, you are right that people who have problems are more likely to post, so good reviews are great to see. Thanks for sharing and even though you didn't take before pictures after would be just as nice.

Thanks!