Very Pleased with my Results - Dallas, TX

The Medi Spa I go to for treatments recommended I...

The Medi Spa I go to for treatments recommended I try IPL 6 months ago for rosacea redness and visible blood vessels. For 6 months, I read negative reviews online and looked at the photos or zebra stripe burns and wanted to get IPL but was very anxious about bad results.

Then yesterday I got an email from the spa about a discounted price for IPL (from $425 to $125 for one session) so I tried it. I had a very good experience.

The nurse technician put a very thick layer of the gel and went over my face for the first round with the machine adjusted to 20, then over my nose and cheeks for a second pass with the machine set to 25. Sometimes I felt a little sting--like a minor rubber band snap--on my skin, and the lights--looks like you're in a toaster over--were a little distracting but the experience was not unpleasant and I immediately had at least 50% reduction in redness and appearance or blood vessels.

This morning, my skin was even better. I wish I had taken before photos, but I am perhaps too vain to photograph my flaws. The reduction in redness (from rosacea) was better than any product or treatment ever received from my dermatologist's office and all but 2 of the blood vessels are just gone.

I will be returning for a second (and maybe third) IPL on my face, then I will take on my shoulders and chest with IPL to see how IPL takes on freckles. I wish I had done this sooner.

The nurse told me that people with fairer skin (my skin is about 2 shades darker than the palest makeup shade and my eyes are green, hair is is dark blonde) benefit more from IPL. And that a thick layer of the gel on your face is the key to avoiding burns. Plus you need an experienced nurse technician.

I know people with negative results are more likely to post online, but if you have redness and blood vessels, please consider IPL. I look forward to life with no more concealer.

Zeal Medi Spa