Gastric Bypass Changed my Life! - Dallas, TX

**This was my out of pocket costs after insurance...

**This was my out of pocket costs after insurance paid.

My journey began in 2005 when I went to a first consult & then found out my insurance did not pay.. Fast forward 3 years to March of 2008. I had finished doing a play with our community theatre. I knew I had gotten big, but you know how it is that you "know" you are, but don't see it? That was me. I "saw" myself in the pictures from that play & knew I had to do something.

I did some research and found Dr. James Davidson & the Bariatric Surgery Center of Dallas & went to a group information session. After that session, I scheduled my consult & began jumping through the insurance hoops. This was April of 2008. I got my insurance approval in October & since I work in the schools, scheduled my surgery which happened on December 18, 2008. I was in the hospital overnight and went home late in the afternoon the next day. I had my husband helping me at home. Anyone I talk to, I tell them you have to be ready for the surgery 110%! You have to commit to the changes and embrace them everyday, whether you are having a good day with your pouch, or if your pouch is being temperamental.

I have lost 115 pounds and recently had a tummy tuck. I am no longer on cholesterol or blood pressure medication, and the pre-diabetic road I was going down is no more. I enjoy the little things--being able to paint my toenails, feeling good about myself, climbing a flight of stairs without dying.. And of course--shopping! (but don't do a lot if that at first! Hit the resale shops!)

Dallas Bariatric Surgeon

Dr. Davidson was very knowledgeable & thorough. I am the kind of person who likes no nonsense & straight up solution focused practice & that is how he was when I was there. His office staff is wonderful, kind, and was always extremely helpful with any questions or concerns I had.