Much More Painful Than I Anticipated - Dallas, TX

I'm a 52-year-old, tall and slender except for...

I'm a 52-year-old, tall and slender except for tummy and love handles. I had both areas cool-sculpted seven days ago.

The procedure itself was uncomfortable, but not painful. (However, when they originally put the tummy clamp on, it was very painful around my navel. They had to take it off and reapply it in a slightly different spot.) Afterwards, no problems on the love handle spots, except for bruising that has almost gone away totally. Tummy is a different matter. The first two days, very tender to the touch, but if nothing was touching me, I didn't feel pain otherwise.

After two days, though, the tenderness to touch went away, and it was replaced by almost constant pain - very prickly, pinpoint bursts of pain around the navel and generating outwards. This is how I would expect a hernia to feel. I am praying that it subsides, but it's very worrisome. Aleve takes the edge off, but doesn't control it totally. Should I see a doctor? Has anyone else experienced this?

I don't know if I'll see results, and I may feel differently if/when I do, but at this point, no, definitely not worth the pain. And if I've injured my stomach somehow, this was a very bad mistake.

I'm happy to say that my pain went away one day...

I'm happy to say that my pain went away one day shy of two weeks, just as many people said it would. I was on pain medication for days 7 and 8, which helped (stopped due to nausea caused by the pain meds). I would suggest going straight to pain meds if Advil and Aleve don't work - this kind of pain wears you down. I'll post again if/when I start seeing results in another month or so (I hope), but I guess my main concern is that I wasn't informed ahead of time that there could be a significant amount of pain. Shame on me for not researching it better before I signed up.

My Dr told me pain meds are not correct for this. You need a nerve-blocker. I was prescribed Neurontin. Worked perfectly!
The neuro tin is not working for me. Hurt so bad I cannot believe it. I can do nothing the pain is that bad.
So glad to see your post - not glad that you had the pain, but glad to see that I'm not the only one. I am on day ten and have significant pain in lower abdomen. The tingling and sensitivity is gone now, and I sure hope this pain goes away in another day or two! I feel terrible to have done this to myself, thinking it would be easy!
I'm happy to say that my pain went away at day 13, so I hope you have the same (or better) experience. I felt the same way - how have I been so stupid to do this to myself?? Anyway, all better now and waiting to see results. I'm hoping the over-doing it at Thanksgiving doesn't impede the progress :) Hang in there - I hope it's almost over for you.
How are you doing ??? i had this procedure done on my abs and am going through a similar situation. I think we will be ok please feel free to read my post on this matter. I also her the more post procedure pain one has, the better the results will be. please keep us updated!!!
Thanks for the encouragement. Things are much better since the pain went away around day 13. Hope you are having a similar good experience.