"Custom" Tummy Tuck

It has only been one week today that I had a...

It has only been one week today that I had a "custom" TT done and I'm not sure I will be pleased with the results.  I went in for two reasons: to have my muscles tightened (after have 3 kids) and to have some skin removed and the rest tightened.  Looking at me now, it looks like I still have all of the loose skin and now it looks even worse than before.  My PS recommended a different route for me to minimize the scarring since I had good skin around my bikini line.

My problem was only around my belly button.  He was the second opinion I got and the first dr did not recommend this route at all (or mention it, I should say).  I realize it's only been one week, but I'm really starting to worry.  I knew a few people that have gone to this Dr and were pleased with their results (breast augmentation - no TT).  I was comfortable with the Dr until the day of surgery.  Because I was super nervous and full of anxiety, i started questioning our game plan.  I understand his frustration, being that it was the morning of surgery, but now i'm almost afraid to talk to him about it.  Looking at me now, I feel like - aside from the muscle tightening - I'm going to look worse than before.

I can only pray and hope that he sees what I see and will have the ethics and morals to do what's right to fix it.

~Sad after TT

I would recommend him for breast augmentation, but I"m not sure about TT

I am scheduled for a TT in CO in July - is your doctor in Boulder? Would you mind giving his name? I am a little worried
My Doctor was in Louisville....how was your surgery? Are you satisfied?
It's has been a while since you posted. but How are you doing?? and how is your incision after while.., Well I am thinking about TT and wondering about it..,
How are you healing now?? Do you feel their are any improvements? Your belly looks flat but it is as if the doctor removed your belly button altogether!! Has the doctor offered to fix anything? Although, as some of the other posts said, you cannot trust him to fix anything especially if he is acting like you should be satisfied! I understand that things can go wrong in any surgery but any doctor that would be okay with those results and expect you to live with them is NOT a good doctor. He should be ashamed of what he did and be eagerly offering you a revision! Don't let him intimidate you or make you feel that you are just being a pain or unreasonable. I really think you should look into legal action and reporting him if he doesn't offer you some revision or compensation to have that fixed. If you don't get anywhere with him, I can recommend a great program that will revise your surgery at a reduced cost. I had a full TT there and I am very happy with my results!
I am so sorry your going thru this, i think you should go to another PS and dont be cheap with your body, get a really good PS with a good reputation, hope you didnt go to another country i wouldn't trust them, witch im sure a hand full do a good job but what if your not lucky again. Do alot of reasearch. And be picky when comunicating what you want with your PS, its your money and your the boss here. Good Luck.

I don't think you should use the same surgeon to have it all redone with a full TT. Researh your options. I think this is sad and yeah that guy/woman messed up there is no reason that bellybutton plasty should have that result. Good Luck and I wish you the best in achieving your goals.

Who is your doctor? I am in Colorado and want to get a TT but I dont want to go to your doc. You poor thing! I am sure things will look better once you heal. Hang in there!
I am so sorry you have to go through all this. I just had my ftt a week and a half ago. We plan too long and the healing process is too much to have something like that happen. I agree with the rest of the ladies here. You really should sue. What that Dr. did is just unethical. You deserve to have it corrected by someone more reliable.
it looks like he did a vertical tummy tuck on you, something i have rarely seen. if your stomach still bulges some i would go back and talk to him, and tell him to give you some smart lipo to flatten it further. it looks like the skin if fairly smooth and tightened though.
Sweetheart I most definitely agree with the rest of the ladys about sueing this Dr. You sould take to court and sue for all the pain an suffering without even near what your asked for and what he promised. I see people sueing people for things that don't make sense but this is no game. You trusted him not only by giving him your savings but with keeping his end of the bargain. Mamas with that money you could have had a tummy tuck and breast agmentation near the border with a board certified plastic surgeon. Please do keep us posted on this piece of "ssshhiiiittt". I will praying that justice is made for what he did to you. Take care a new mom a baby boy. Hugs & kisses :)
I agree you should sue. This doctor should be held accountable! You don't even have a navel??? Bless your heart.
worst results i have ever seen :( i think americans are usually too unforgiving and litigious towards doctors but this is definitely a case where you need to sue! not out of greed, but so he cannot botch any other innocent women and also so you can get yourself fixed asap.
Are you looking any better now that you have had a few more days of recovery? What does your Dr. have to say about the results? Just wondering what does your navel look like now. Lesa
I'm okay, thanks for asking. Could be better I suppose if my doctor had a little compassion and empathy, but he doesn't. :( Good luck on Friday!!
i am so sorry this happened to you. i hope you can get him for what he did to you. thank u for sharing your story I was considering the tuba surgery. I will put if off for now. gotta think about this one
Wow as the others said, I was reading and thought It can't be that bad. I cannot believe that a doctor actually charged you and did that to you. I would want a full refund and then go to another doctor and get it corrected. That is a shame that the doctor is in business!!! I hope you are doing okay =)
How are you doing?
Oh my god. I had a tummy tuck three months ago and it was fabulous. That is a botched job if ever I saw one. You cant rely on the muscles surrounding the navel to hold the tightness needed for a really good tummy tuck. Get a second opinion. And good luck
Oh my! I read your post and thought, "It can't be that bad." But my goodness, just seeing the scar... what the HELL was your dr thinking? Did he honestly try to do muscle repair with some massive circular cut around your belly button, then "reach in" to try fixing the msucles? I would probably RUN, not walk, to a new plastic surgeon to get a 2nd opinion and potentially see what fix you can have done. My plastic surgeon has seen a lot of people like you - people that need a top expert to FIX problems from another dr. :( *SUPER HUGS* to you and I hope you can figure things out and work through the emotional hell (not to mention physical hell) you must be going through. :~( I just had my pre-op consult (my TT with MR is April 7th) and I am most grateful for her expertise. She's also a board certified reconstructive surgeon so I don't know if that helps in her plastic surgery work or what.
Oh I feel so sorry for you. This must be horrible for you to have gone through with the procedure and the pain not to mention the money to pay for it. And to not have the results that you wished for. I am about to undergo a full tummy tuck with lipo on April 3 This is my worst fear to have it all not worth it.
Thanks for your thoughts Lesa. It is very disappointing and just sad. I can't stop thinking about it. But it is what it is I guess. You'll be just fine with yours! Sounds like it's a standard full tummy tuck, so you'll look great!!