Tummy Tuck - First Days in - Curitiba, Brazil

Hey everyone I had my TT two days ago and I felt...

hey everyone

I had my TT two days ago and I felt like crap the first night and day after it.

I found this website which has been incredibly helpful, I wish I had seen it before my TT;

I plan on writing on a two-day basis so people can follow my story almost as it happens and hopefully it will bring peace and comfort for those going through the same right now.

After two days, I can already feel my ab pain going down and I could get in and out of bed by myself without much pain. I was feeling pretty miserable the first night, thinking to myself "What have I done?" but reading stories made me relax and more aware of the experience.

It was funny how my mother and brother (having a support system is crucial) gave me a cloth bath in our backyard and it made me feel loved and cared. It made me forget about the burden and I could step back and actually be proud of how far I've come.

I had always been a fat kid, but 5 years ago I started eating right and working out, which made me lose around 90 pounds. I'm 28 yo from Brazil and I hope to have some great news for you on Sunday.

Feel free to contact me, ask any questions or just comment, it would mean a lot to me to be in touch with some of you out there as I go through my journey.

Big cheers, everyone

4 days in - It keeps getting better

Hey Guys, how has it been?

Things have been great for me so far. Ab pain really going down and I was very proud of doing things on my own and moving around the house like I used to.

I've been drinking around 2 liters of water a day and eating light, and it makes a big difference in the recovery. Very low sodium too is key.

Emotionally, I feel 100 % better and little by little I see and feel my body healing.

Yesterday (day 3) I went to the bathroom (#2) for the first time and it felt like a victory. I've been taking some fiber suplements and they worked fine, definitely worth it.

I have a big day tomorrow: I'm going to see my surgeon to remove the bandages and have a first look of how everything is.I've read about some reactions people normally have when they look at it, and it's usually way uglier than we expect. I'll keep it real and embrace whatever it looks like and keep my mind focused on the end result.

4 days in and I would say that walking bend over is the only issue right now, which is giving me incredibly annoing backache, especially lower back. I play volleyball in a team and today they played and I couldn't go. It felt a bit like missing out, but I kept my mind off of it by reading. I'm an undergraduate student and I've been catching up on my studies like hell. I tell people I'm on rehab and it feels great taking time for myself.

Posting photos is something I'm not ready to do yet, but they'll be up eventually.

See you in 2 days"!!!1
Luciano Busato

Hi Rodrigo, wow so nice find somebody from Curitiba, I am from Curitiba but live in the USA Florida. Hang in there... It's a long recovery, I'm 7 months PO and still swollen a lot. Tomorrow I'll have another surgery BA. Oh, if you find Bromelian and turmeric it's very good to help with TT recovery
hey, how are you? Wow 7 months and still swollen? How come? I'm concerned about it, I'll have a talk with my doc tomorrow. Best of luck on your surgery, let us know how it went later on. Um abra├žo
Rodrigo may you have a good and fast recovery! Drink plenty of water, soups. Light meals. You are blessed to have the help of your loves ones. Take Care :)
Hey TTLatina, thanks for your message. I've been drinking lots of water it's doing wonders. I am so blessed to have my parents to look after me, they are the best. Take care, keep writing.
Congratulations. I am having my TT in June. I would love to see before and after. I am obsessed with seeing the incisions. Lol . Stay strong and document the progress. Your going to be shoo happy you did it
Hey Nita, how are you? I'm going to see my surgeon tomorrow and I'll see the incisions for the first time, I'm pretty nervous. I'll upload some pics in the future. We have to come to terms with the fact that there will be a scar after that, but I'll approach it more like a war wound and have it remind me of what I went through. But fingers crossed it is tiny
Regardless of the size if will fade significantly'! You have come through the hardest now is time to sit back and heal