A Very Belated Review - Culver City, CA

I had very dark circles and bags under my eyes,...

I had very dark circles and bags under my eyes, which made me look older. After doing a lot of research on Restylane for the tear trough area -- and weighing the risks -- decided to give it a try.

The procedure was done by a plastic surgeon who clearly understood the process. I felt comfortable about his expertise and skill. It was a bit scary to have needles so close to my eyes but there was minimal discomfort from the actual injections. During the procedure the doctor consulted with me about placement and quantity. We both decided it was best to be conservative.

I did see immediate improvement although the application was not entirely even on both sides (to be fair my bags/dark circles were also not even). I had no bruising at first but had a faint bruise a couple of days later. Perhaps a week later I noticed that one area had a bluish tinge in certain lighting conditions.

Although the outcome wasn't perfect I think I look less tired and younger. My hunch is this is a VERY tough procedure to get 100% correct no matter how much experience you have. By the way, it has been three months and I haven't noticed any reduction in volume. I'll likely get at least a year of benefit from the procedure.

Sorry for rambling!

Thanks for sharing.  Do you think you will get a little more injected next time to try and make your eyes look more even?

I think I'm opting for improvement rather than perfect evenness, which I suspect is unlikely.

Yeah perfect symmetry is next to impossible, but they may be able to make the asymmetry less noticeable.  Keep us posted!

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon