Kenneth Hughes Lipo&Rhinoplasty Review. Have Results but Not Satisfied - Culver City, CA

He didn`t make me ugly but i`m not satisfied with...

He didn`t make me ugly but i`m not satisfied with the amount of fat he removed(my thighs are smaller, but still the shape i was going to get rid of), i asked to remove more fat from my upper(vs lower) abs, but he said he would remove equal amount, otherwise it would look ugly, and now i wish i insisted on removing more. my arms were not greatly reduced in size, and he left bumps on my flanks, just above my buttocks, it`s not smooth, so my buttocks look square, however, that`s only me who notices that.
As for rhynoplasty my nose still feels big and i have a not really noticeable bigger bump on one side.
i might have put some weight so the pictures won`t show much, but i can provide pictures of my nose and flanks.

pictures

not satisfied with the shape of my thighs and bumpiness of my butt/flanks(looks square, not smooth)
i`m sure he would do a better job if i discussed every little detail and do the marking

photo

photo

forgot to say

that i was doing my inner thighs, just the upper part
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I am not sure why my comment was removed as "a violation". I never said anything derogatory. All I said was that it seems inappropriate for the doctor to engage in these patient forums. Sure, he may have the right to, but it prevents us patients from talking openly and honestly about our experiences when we know that the doctor is reading and commenting. From the other comments, seems like everyone else agrees with me. He is free to call her and discuss or respond to her privately.
Sultrysarah you are so right, some comments of mine have also been removed on other reviews and I have read the guidelines, and most of my comments did not call for violation. What they need to worry is about others truly violating the site by promoting a product, service, procedure, business, health care professional, or other person. I see it ALLLLL the time, RS members going on others pages advertising a product or their surgeon. Anyway I just wanted to agree with you because honestly, if the surgeon feels he wants to help her, he should have called, I am VERY sure that he has her information, otherwise I would be alarmed if he operated on her without her info.
Sasha~ I hope that you felt supported by the comments people have made on your review and know that, I, personally was concerned for your HIPPA rights. Please let us know how you are doing!

Hi everyone,

I appreciate that everyone has a strong opinion here but I wanted to clarify a few points:

We don't allow personal attacks or name-calling anywhere on RealSelf. Doctors are part of our community too - Please respect all members of the community, including doctors.

We don't encourage doctors replying to reviews (due to HIPAA) but, if they do, it is usually because they are trying to help. Think of all the negative reviews where a doctor does not even try to communicate with an unhappy patient (online or offline); those situations are far more frustrating than a doctor who is trying to make a patient happy.

Finally, this is Sasha's space to share her story. Please respect and support the decisions she makes, even if you yourself would not choose this path.

Although there's been some disagreement here, I know we all want the same thing for Sasha -- a great result and a good relationship with her surgeon. Please let's do what we can to support that outcome.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me. We do not want to take up any more space on Sasha's review, with off-topic conversations.

Thanks,

Kirsty

I'm wondering if the Hippocratic Oath is really honored these days, particularly where it stands in fully protecting patients privacy. I then also wonder about the ethical concept of the Oath, "first do no harm." Reading this thread has me feeling queasy about these topics. My father was a doctor, and I can't help but feel that the current public conversations and risky, excessive surgery being done would upset him greatly, his focus was always on the safest health outcome for the client and their family. I feel that Sashaspnn deserves a safe place to think out loud about how she feels about the disappointing surgery she's just had, as she figures out what she would like to (or not do) moving forward from here. I can't speak for Sasha, but I would prefer not to have doctors on this part of the boards at all.
good points!
Dear sultry, real self notifies doctors that reviews are posted about them. The frustrating thing as a physician who cares about the health happiness and results of one's patient is that they may first turn to an online forum instead of addressing their concerns with their physician. Dr Hughes seems open to this patients concern and willing to do his best to make her happy. Communication is paramount to the patient physician relationship.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sashaspmm, very good points. One has to really go over all these things with the surgeon. And get it in writing! Consent forms only protect the "Dr." and not the patient. I am so sorry you are not happy with your results and I know it goes deeper than not being 'happy'. That is what Dr. Hughes does not seem to understand...the life changing effects of bad plastic surgery. Let us know how you manage.
I endeavor to get as good a result as possible for each patient and his or her own anatomy. If you are not completely satisfied with any of my work, feel free to call the office or send me an email through my website. I will get back to you promptly to address your concerns. There may not be anything that can be improved from a technical perspective and I may not be able to meet your expectations, but I want you to be happy.
I think it is inappropriate for you, the Dr. to comment openly to your client this way; you could have sent her a private message. Also you very subtly put the onus on her by saying: I may not be able to meet your expectations, but I want you to be happy. Her concerns seem to be due to not only poor technique on your part but also the fact that liposuction is a bad procedure and often produces bad results. As a RealSelf community member I support this woman in her concerns and I hope that she gets a second opinion and is able to get proper care for her issues. Perhaps you can offer her a refund?
Don`t think there might be any refunds. And i discussed all my concerns with my doctor. I was happy right after the surgery as i got results and skipped the risks, but later i realized that it could be better, and i`m still not satisfied. I guess you just have to discuss with your surgeon every detail. And also make sure your surgeon stitch your incisions, Dr. Hughes left little holes, some of which are big and took long to heal, so they are noticeable now. And make sure your doctor mark the areas on your body, as he might do not the ones you are expecting. Pictures are coming
Sashaspmm, I'm sorry that you didn't get the results you wanted; even though you have a great basic body, I can see the issues that were created for you by liposuction. Are you saying that the doctor didn't even mark the areas on your body? I hope you don't blame yourself, because even if the doctor marks the areas, how would you (as the patient) know what the surgical markings are supposed to look like, or be in control of what the doctor actually does? The technical perspective in his responsibility. I was also surprised that the doctor did rhinoplasty and liposuction in the same surgery. It seems that doubling up on surgical procedures is really commonplace now, which doesn't seem to me to be in the best interest of the patient's health. I've known several people for whom rhinoplasty alone was quite a hard recovery, so to add on multiple liposuction sites, and to leave open incisions... Wow. I was also surprised and uncomfortable that the surgeon commented publicly on your surgery. This feels like a violation of privacy to me.
I didn`t know anything about markings, stitches, I just talked to the Dr. and tried to explain what was bothering me and especially I think did about my thighs. What he said to me after is that he can`t remove too much from that area as the skin is too lose(or something like that). I`m doing another surgery including my thighs, so we`ll see how it goes. Yes, they do it all at once this way you save on the facility fee and anesthesia and get a discount. I just did lipo and nose redone plus lips and breast grafting. Yes, it was harder to wake up after the surgery which took 8hrs or more(last time it was like 6 i believe). Painkillers help, but the problem is breathing. Sleeping with your mouth open is not amazing
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Sashaspmm, I'm sorry that you're having a hard time, and I understand that you want to feel that your body is smooth and balanced. The doctors that I consulted with said that liposuction of the inner thighs could easily be too aggressive. I don't believe much of what the doctors write on this site, but in their answers about the liposuction of inner thighs, one wrote that it is a "risky endeavor" and another wrote that he's seen at least 7 patients basically "destroyed for life" because of aggressive liposuction of the inner thighs. I believe them in these points because I've read so many sad, painful stories of women who have had liposuction. I wouldn't trust a doctor who put me under anesthesia for 8 hours and did liposuction at the same time as rhinoplasty and breast and lips grafting. I mean, wow. Aggressive surgery can negatively impact someone's health, and I think that health comes first. Doctors I consulted with recommended not to undergo elective surgery under general anesthesia for more than 4 hours. On this site (again, not the most reliable overall, in my opinion) the doctors seem to generally agree that 6 hours under anesthesia should be the upper limit for elective surgery, especially as a outpatient. You can look up their answers, though maybe talking to a physician you trust would be more helpful. I've read many comments by women whose doctors did mark them, as desired, and they are still upset about the results and/or feel the doctors removed too much, too little, or uneven amounts during liposuction.
I wanted to make my arms smaller. The first surgeon didn`t treat the whole area as i expected, so i thought, the fat is not easy to move or something, but when i came to the second one, he marked the exact area, which was bothering me. I`ve seen pictures of inner thighs, that i really liked, of people much heavier than me, but i`m not a doctor, so can`t argue about this one. Not sure how long i was under anesthesia, my friend left me around 1pm and i woke up around 9pm

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

i did secod lipo on my thighs. it does look amazing. i did it on my upper abdomen and now when i bent it looks so much better than after the irst one. the same about my arms and it seems like my back (i have excessive skin there) is less bothering now. Also they fixed my nose (i`m still not completely happy with it, but it`s better than the first one. And, i almost didn`t leek after the second lipo (the first one i did for like 4 days and heavily the first 2 days) and the pain wasnt that big. I thought it depends on the amount of fat they remove, but the nurse said no. And i`m not swelling that much. I`ll download some pictures when i stop swelling and bruising DR. Hughes made me look good. The other doctor(not sure if i`m allowed to say his name) made me look perfect What i didn`t really like about Dr. Hughes are my scars. the ones on my lower abdomen could have been avoided and be done inside my belly button. And he didn`t use stitches which made them look worse
I'd love to see pics. I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied.