Beautiful, Drastic Tummy Tuck Results - Culver City, CA

For the past ten years I have been challenged by...

For the past ten years I have been challenged by several family tragedies. Those series of events have taken their toll on my health and well being. I do not regret one moment of care that I have given in support. However, I do regret neglecting myself to the point of becoming obese and the complications that come with it.

Most of my life I have been a very energetic, vibrant, healthy, athletic woman. I birthed three children by caesarean section and none of them did the damage to my body that the combination of stress, fast and processed foods have. I have gained approximately 80 lbs despite cardio and weight lifting. You can not out exercise a poor diet.

Obesity and depression are difficult to escape alone sometimes, even for a very strong person like me. So I decided to get help by taking a mostly holistic approach to healing my mind body and soul. As part of my body regeneration and rejuvenation I have enlisted the help of Dr. Kenneth Hughes, holistic gurus, a personal trainer and adopting a clean eating lifestyle. Obviously it takes a village to raise a Diva.

I am on a mission to regain my sexy, fit physique by the end of the year via tummy tuck, breast lift, lipo, bbl with Dr. Hughes. He's a frickin' genius, and will tell you so. Lol.

I had a tummy tuck on 05/14/14 and the results were shocking and outstanding! As soon as I learn my way around realself will start posting updates and pictures.

Thanks to all the posters that share their experiences

This Old House

I'm a huge fan of HGTV, DIY and any other makeover/ house flipping/ home d├ęcor/ landscaping programming. As a matter of fact I love all types of extreme makeovers including beauty and weight loss. I like big changes and appreciate small ones as well. Sometimes all you need is a tweak to turn a plain thing into something extraordinary. Too bad that's not the case in regards to my body right now. It's going to take more than lip gloss and lashes for this transformation. LOL

One of my hobbies is home DIY , from small projects to LET'S RIP OUT A WALL OR SOMETHING! I enjoy a great tear down or build up but I know when to call in the professionals. My latest grand project is meee! I see myself as a good old, sturdy house with good bones in need of renovation.
Getting surgeries to help me bring my vision to fruition is a bit daunting, but, honey, sometimes you gotta tear up stuff, make some holes and a big mess to get a masterpiece! Now there was nothing wrong with the masterpiece my Creator put me in originally but time, neglect and stormy weather has ravished this piece or work and restoration is in order.

The tummy tuck is one of my steps in phase 1 of this project. The first step was: Girl, get yo' mind right and get ya life!
The first 2 days of my post op were spent vomiting up fluids and anything I smelled, didn't have to eat it because I was THAT nauseated. I stayed as hydrated as possible. The previous week pre op I ate mostly salads, soups and fruit. I did an Eat. Stop. Eat. eating plan where I ate 2 days, did liquids for 1, ate 2 days...wash, rinse repeat up to 12 ours before surgery. I also drank Smooth Move Tea daily. My goal was to enter surgery as clean and empty as possible. I wanted to minimize the dreaded constipation/bloating drama. It worked! During the first post op days I drank distilled water, lemon water, and watered down cranberry juice, and 2 packets of Energy C per 16oz of water to get nutrients in while the nausea passed.

Day 3 I was able to hold liquids better and a half cup of apple sauce, the snack pack size, at a time. So I ate one every couple of hours, despite having no appetite, in an attempt to coat my stomach for meds and multivitamin. Days four and five were much better. I was off completely off pain meds and could eat low sodium veggie soups, garden salad and a couple of bites of banana a day. I drank Smooth Move tea on the eve of the 4th and morning of the 5th day. On day 6 I released 3 easy bowel movements and have continued to do so. Thus far I have avoided the dreaded over swelling and bloating.

On the morning of my surgery I weighed 224.5lbs *cringe*, seven days post op I was 14.5lbs down! I totally did not expect that. I was just checking for damage. I weighed 5x and threatened my scale within an inch of it's life if it was lying. It knows I have the tendency to flip the hell out at it, so, it wouldn't dare try me that day. Don't judge me.

I hope today's rambling was helpful. I will end here and post pictures. My results were drastic and beautiful to me. My belly flabs and rolls were one big piece of raggedy dry wall that had to come down. Lipo to the flanks and lower back to help get rid of that over stuffed look. I'm still a voluptuous big girl, down sizing.

Next post I will share my experience regarding my doctor, the surgery center, pre and post op care thus far.
Smooches!

PICTURES

CAPTIONS FOR PICTURES WENT WHERE?

FIRST 3 PICS ARE 1 DAY PRE OP
4&5 ...TWO DAYS POST OP
PHOTOS IN DIAPER LOOKING PANTIES WITH T SHIRT...BLUE SHOWER CAP BACK SHOT AND LAST ONE ARE ALL 8 DAYS POST OP.

This binder is my frenemy

I have been overweight long enough to know that one size does not fit all, just because you can get it on does not mean it fits. The binder put on me right after surgery is of good quality, has foam in the back panel and on the 3 bands that are next to your skin, three stiff and sturdy bands with Velcro on the other side to close it. It must be worn low on the hips which is a problem if you have hips and a sturdy protruding butt. It rides up and causes some pinching while sitting straight or reclined. I have to constantly adjust it. Plus because I have to stretch it so much to close, the foam covered bands thin out smaller than the velcro bands which puts about 2 inched of Velcro next to my skin. I place a sanitary pad under it to avoid irritation. The top band is fine because it's under my breast at my most narrow point. The smaller I get the easier it is to wear.

"I WOKE UP LIKE THIS, FLAWLESS.."...BEYONCE LYRIC

Every time I look down at my stomach that song line goes through my head. I went to sleep with a jacked up midsection and woke up almost flawless. I feel so happy, grateful and silly. I can't stop singing it and giggling.

Ummm.. WHAT THE CRAP...

One of my suction drain capsules looks like it's filling with apple sauce and the other has a plastic piece floating in it!

NO ONE CAN STEAL YOUR DREAM IF YOU TURN IT INTO YOUR REALITY.

I don't believe anyone can steal or snatch MY dream, it was created of my essence and imagination. I give my dream a short life span by turning it quickly into a vision and from a vision into reality. Vision is one part dream or imagination and another part strong faith. Reality requires both of those elements plus focus, effort, resources and timing.

Our dreams are like vapors in the hands of others, they can't grasp them, and that's ok, it's not their work to bring it to fruition. Some people can't see in us what we see, that's ok, the reveal will be our gift of surprise and inspiration to them. Most people are moved by what they see.

Dreams are not as fragile as one might think, not easily destroyed or defeated. If you think yours is then hurry up, transform it into a vision and onto tangible reality! Make it true!
The Truth will stand.
Smooches

BOSS LADY

I FOUND THIS QUOTE, IT RESONATED WITH ME AND BROUGHT TO MIND THE COOL WOMEN I HAVE COME ACROSS ON REALSELF, HAD TO SHARE.

"After a while I looked in the mirror and realized something. After all those hurts, scars, and bruises, after all of those trials, I really made it. I survived all THAT, which was supposed to kill me!
So I straightened my crown...and walked away like a Boss."
author unknown

No More Drains

Drains were removed at 2 week follow appointment today. The right drain was literally being held in by a stitch because it had worked it's way up, it fell out when the stitch was cut. The left drain was working it's way out as well and Olga only had to pull it out a couple of inches. I was worked up about the removal and was 2 sentences into my explanation about how I wanted her to extract the first one when she stated, " It's out already". I thought she was trying to fool me and rip it out when I least expected. A nurse did that to me once with surgical tape..and I bopped her in the head by reflex in shock. I wanted to spare Olga and I the trauma of such an incident, no worries, she handled me with care, as usual. Smooth.

SWELL HELL, SORENESS, LUMPS, HARDNESS, TT SCARS

So far still no swell hell. The soreness depends on how I position myself or if I make a sudden move. I'm still a little lumpy and firm from the lipo but both are diminishing daily. My tt scars are scabbing and closed, the belly button is gross sometimes due to the drainage but it's healing properly.
Pictures are upon awakening in the morning.
IT'S A GREAT DAY, GET SOME!

WEIGHT LOSS AND MEASUREMENTS

DOWN 5.5 MORE LBS IN THE PAST WEEK WHICH IS A TOTAL OF 20 LBS POST OP. I TOOK OFF 11LBS DURING MY 2 WEEK CLEANSE PRE OP.
TOTAL IN ALL FOR MONTH OF MAY...31 LBS!
MEASUREMENTS DAY OF SURGERY
UNDER BUST>34
WAIST>37
HIPS>46

3 week update photos

Still swollen, but not overly so, and getting around very well. Will share more later.

3 week update details... IF IT HAS A COMMERCIAL OR DOESN'T COME OUT OF THE GROUND OR HAVE A MAMA....I'M NOT EATING IT!

Under Bust>34
Waist>36
Hips>46
Weight Loss for June so far>3.5lbs

As you can see the numbers are still decreasing! I'm drinking mostly water, and on occasions watered down cranberry juice to stay hydrated and keep the calories down. I am consuming several small meals a day consisting mostly of veggies and a protein of chicken breasts or turkey. Had some Spicy Tempura Tuna Sushi(cooked) the other day but passed on the soy sauce, avoiding sodium like the plague. Fruit, nuts and seeds are my snacks.

PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO NOTICE!
I am out more now and even with that bulky binder I have to wear my waist still looks small. I can wear cute stuff without worrying about my stomach being a fashion tragedy! My breasts are popping out like I'm wearing a corset and my butt and hips are more obvious. I get so many compliments from strangers and... the men..... I didn't do it to attract their attention but I ain't mad about it!

I am getting my tig ol' bitties lifted next month. Baby, it's gon' be a hot summer up in here. I plan to be sleeveless, backless, strapless and occasionally braless...just cause I can! I intend to keep a good portion of my breasts size but it will be nice to have perky full breast instead of full long ones. It will be great to not need scaffolding to hold them up too!

IT'S RAINING MEN

That's not a post op side affect I was expecting. I'm used to my fair share of flirts, glances and date proposals pre op but, baby, I haven't gotten this much attention in a little while. It's nice to not feel like you're viewed as gross or to have people call you mean things in reference to your weight, or to have someone throw a milkshake out of their car window on you and call you a cow, all of which have happened to me. I never carried myself like a slob or insecure person or acted like those things bothered me but they did. If I had the strength to beat some ass I probably would have, instead I focused on living and improving my quality of life.

There are many things about being overweight that I found difficult. Strangely I found my fat comforting and safe as well. You can be very invisible when you're obese. I didn't have to be clever or "on" all the time to put people at ease around me like I felt the need to do when I was considered fit and very attractive. Some people think overweight folks are dumb with nothing to say any way. It was easy and a relief to hide in the shadow of my kids and husband. Men weren't hitting on me all the time and women weren't quick to hate. No one assumed I was conceited or stuck up as a plump woman, if I was quiet they assumed I was shy, which I am, or insecure, which I'm not. Fortunately more people focused on my personality and intellect, it was refreshing. It seems acceptable to be cute, smart and fat in this world, gorgeous, fit and dumb but don't have brains, beauty and body.

I realize that I will have to get used to all of the attention from men again without being intimidated or feeling threatened. I will also have to contend with the women that don't return my smiles until they realize I'm not on a man hunt, especially their men or judging them. People will always judge you no matter what so I'm not going to let it work my nerves.

Honey, if someone can't handle you being the best 'you' that you can be, it's their problem. Don't dim your light or fire because they can't stand the heat, I used to do that as a younger woman. Now my thinking is.... you can either warm up to the fire or get away from the heat.

I wrote this blog because I know I'm not the only woman having these experiences. I figured the support and warning was needed. The attention from a great transformation can be shocking and annoying for you, your man and even your kids. It's nothing you're doing wrong, people will have varying opinions and reactions to your fabulous results and happiness.

Do YOUR thang my sistahs! Peace, Love and Diva Smooches

DANGEROUS CURVES AHEAD

I can hardly wait to finish healing from my makeover procedures for two reasons. Firstly, I miss riding my lil Harley D, secondly I get to shop for new riding gear! The tomboy in me needs the bike to ride, the Diva in me needs the fabulous gear to wear, the Vixen needs sexy feminine but classy, the cautious side of me needs a helmet and leather. Maybe the Vixen is pushing for the leather as well. :D
Peace, Love and Keep the Shiny Side up!

TUMMY TUCK AND FLANK LIPO UPDATE PICTURES

APPROX. SIX WEEK UPDATE

WHAT I EAT AND DRINK TO AVOID OR REDUCE EXCESSIVE SWELLING

I get asked often what I'm eating or doing to avoid "swell hell", gas, bloating and weight gain which prompted me to do this post. I hope it's helpful.

I am still wearing my binder at night and a Spanx like compression garment during the day.

Keeping the sodium, sugar and processed foods to the bare minimum is keeping my swelling at bay. I rarely drink sugary drinks including fruit juices, which I water down.
EXAMPLE OF A DAY OF MEALS:
Upon rising I drink a 16 oz glass of distilled water mixed with the juice of half a lemon and 2 packets of Emergen- C 1000mg, I open a capsule of MSM 1000mg and add it
*Distilled water has no sodium unlike other waters
*MSM is awesome for healing....please look into it

1st MEAL
Cereal sized bowl of fresh diced pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, grapes, mango, apple, and some type of unsalted nuts and seeds trail mix. Three slices of turkey bacon. I take my Multivitamin and Bromelaine (for swelling regulation) afterwards.

2nd MEAL
1 Scoop Vegan Smart Nutritional Shake..Vanilla (CVS)
1 Scoop BodyTech Critical Aminos XT...Post Workout Recovery Fuel...Melon Punch
* Good for after workouts to help repair muscles after weight lifting. I figured it to be excellent for aiding in my TT muscle repair and support healing.
Added to 20oz Distilled or Filtered water.

Single serving of chicken breast
Probiotic

3rd MEAL
Plate of vegetable salad.
I just get a bag of ready made salads from market and put half of the bag onto a plate and add spinach and unsalted trail mix of nuts/seed/raisins/cranberry.

16oz unsweetened cranberry juice with a scoop of BodyTech BCAA & Glutamine with Antioxidant Vitamin C + an MSM capsule + Bromelaine tablet.

4th MEAL
Bowl of no/low sodium veggie soup, low/no sodium soup crackers
4 oz of Apple Sauce or 4oz of Raw Almonds

5th MEAL
Chicken Breast (steamed), spinach, yam

6th MEAL
160Z DRINK OF BODYTECH RECOVERY FUEL

I TAKE THE BROMELAINE 3-4X A DAY
ARNICA 30X TABLETS ABOUT TWICE A DAY
AT LEAST 1 1/2 LITERS OF WATER PER DAY IN ADDITION TO THE OTHER FLUIDS I DRINK

I do not eat the exact same things every day for example, I may have a 2 egg omelet of spinach, sweet peppers, bell peppers or scrambled eggs with salsa with turkey bacon and apple sauce.

The key is.. real food, no/low sugar and salt, foods high in nutrition and water content. Tummy tucks make it easy to eat small meals, you get full fast.
On occasion I've had 2 cookies or an ice cream bar. Honestly though, eating junk food makes me nauseous or gives me a headache now. Yay?

I hope you found something you could use in your healing. Some women are eating much differently and having great results. This regimen is working for me, I feel great, am healing well and have achieved a 36 pound weight release thus far.

Check out my THIS OLD HOUSE and 3WK POST FOLLOW UP POSTS TO SEE HOW I PREPPED NUTRITIONALLY FOR SURGERY AND WHAT I ATE THE FIRST WEEKS POST OP.

GRANDMA IS THE NEW SEXY?....LOL

My 29 year old daughter birthed my first grand child today!!! They are both healthy and happy, I'm over joyed.
Here's my update and pictures pictures for week 7 post op.
Scale not showing weight loss but my clothes are still getting looser.
This was my first week back in the gym! I took it easy with 30 minutes of fat burning cardio and 20 light weight training.

That's all for now. Glamama has to go love up on her Glam-baby!

ALMOST 3 MONTHS POST OP TT /Flank lipo

Well, sisters, on the 14th of this month I will be 3 months post op. Not much has changed since my last update post. The weight is holding steady no huge loss or gain but I am toning up quite nicely. I have a BL and arm lipo scheduled for August 6, tomorrow, so I suspect my weight to go down again.
I have been cleansing/detoxing over the weekend in preparation for the surgery.

My energy and spirits are still up and I have not over extended myself in an attempt to avoid complications for the past surgery and the next procedures. I'm nervous but excited.

I will be starting another review for my BL and arm/bra rolls lipo under the name ItTakesaVillage2.

BL/Bra Rolls/Arm Lipo!

I created another post for these procedures. I decided to post a couple of the pictures here while the other post is being approved.
Thanks for the prayers, well wishes and posts.

CORRECTION FOR REVIEW REGARDING BL/BRA ROLLS/ARM LIPO

My second review. Breast Lift, Bra Rolls/ Arm Liposuction, Culver City, CA, is under the same profile name as this one. Thank you for your help, Dr7423.

THIS TOP..

is one of my favorites blouses. Now it's almost fits me like a mini dress. If I were RuPaul I'd throw on some 4 inch heels and wear it to the club!

HELLO SISTAHS

Giving you face. Introducing meee.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Kenneth Hughes is a very skilled man. He is a genius and doesn't mind telling you. I appreciate his confidence, sense of humor and artist eye. Much like a sculpture looking at block of marble or clay, this talented man can see right through fat and body trauma to the beautiful physique beneath. Dr. Hughes also has the skills, education and thousands of hours of experience to bring about that beauty. My tummy tuck performed on 5/14/14 yielded shocking and outstanding results! I plan to have him do a breasts lift and bbl. He answered all of my emails within 24 hours both pre and post op. My surgery was performed a week after my consult with him. He and Dr. Lebowitz, the anesthesiologist make a great team. Dr. Lebowitz calmed my nerves regarding the general anesthesia but most importantly he woke me up! The staff always took care of my concerns, calls, appointments, pre/post op care with patience, professionalism and courtesy. I found it a surprising experience because they work in a pressure cooker, the place is very busy. Not all things went perfectly but it all went well.

Love that top on you! You look awesome! Really does look like you got the BBL too! Your lucky you already had a booty :-)
Thank you. Now if I can get him to thin my thighs and shape my booty just right, I'll be thrilled.
Girl, you look amazing!
Thanks! You will too! You don't have nearly as long of a way as I had to come. You'll probably get off the table with a 6 pack.
Lol! I wish.
Wow, you look fabulous!!!! Your Dr. Did a GREAT job!!!
Thank you! But note this; your doctor can only do so much. My efforts enhance his skills and vice versa. I am meticulous with my aftercare. Just saying that so others will know that their doctor's work can be a head start for them or icing on the cake. Great results can happen for anyone!
Unless their doctor really screwed up. :(
Trust me....He screwed up MAJORLY with all of us! Like you, I put forth a great effort also and lost 45lbs post op. However, there simply is no explanation for all of us ladies (10 of us to be exact) not having a flat tummy after paying $$$$$... Okay, there is ONE explanation. HE DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE HELL HE WAS DOING! Yep we were his guinea pigs. Sad, but true.
Yep I knew you were as beautiful as your body ! ^_*
*blush*
Takes one to know one, gorgeous!
What is your weight now???
Today I'm 195lbs
Omg that's so good I have a few questions I'm going to pm you check your inbox
okey doke
U look amazing. ..so tiny.
Thank you. Tiny? Girl, that has to be the camera angle, unless you meant short. LOL
No ma'am, not the camera. Ur waist, n no tummy at all. Lol I updated my profile if u want to see thickness. ..check it out, swelling at its best. Lol
You look marvelous darling......i just had mine one the 15 th and its pretty damn drastic too.....yeah for complete transformations......
heck yeah! Yaaay!! I'm popping over to your page to see ya!
Girlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you are the bomb it reallylooks like you did you BBL lol I so can't wait to get my TT done. I'm just nervous about the recovery
Babygyrl, don't worry about the recovery, it's so worth it.
BTW, "I" WOULD rock it to the club with some sexy fishnets! I have the same style blouse (different color scheme), that I totally forgot all about until I saw you wearing yours!lol
Girl, I thought about you when I put that on. I knew you'd rock it hard. I thought about some sexy hot shorts and strappy thigh boots. I'M COMING OUT!..Diana Ross