Diep-Flap - Chicago, IL

Single reconstruction. Was in the hospital for...

Single reconstruction. Was in the hospital for 3-1/2 days. The pain medication Oxycodone really did not do anything for pain and made me feel tired and cranky, I stopped taking it and took Aleve instead. That worked great!
The worst part was the drainage tube for the abdomen. Otherwise I feel great and look forward to a lift procedure for the other breast because it is sagging too much. At age 60 I did opt out for nipple replacement.
Illinois Plastic Surgeon

Incorrect Dr/Provider: it is Dr. Pelletier at CTCA Zion IL

Congrads on your newly reconstructed breast. I bet you went through a lot to get this. I don't blame you for bypassing the nipple reconstruction. I know many women do this. When do you get your lift for the other breast? Looks like your PS did a great job of matching. Can't wait for you to have your two matching perky breasts! Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!

Thank you Beth! When do most women have the lift procedure done? I suspect that the reconstructed breast will eventually sag somewhat too. So I was going to wait at least 9 months to a year. I realize that every person is different, but I'd like to get others opinions prior to my visit with the PS in late August. Thanks for any info you can give me.!

I believe it's more common to wait for the newly reconstructed breast to settle in before doing a lift on the other one. This way your PS can match your older breast to your new breast. Often times the older breast needs a small implant to match but you may not need this. What does your PS suggest? Here is a link to our Doctor Q&A with a similar discussion. Also, your new breast will take quite a while to sag so don't worry about that for a long time!

Thank you!