2 Removed 2 Different Ways - Which Worked Better?

I had 2 different tattoos removed. First one I had...

I had 2 different tattoos removed. First one I had removed using a Photoderm technique that was 99.9% removed in 3 visits for $150 a visit at a place in Arlington Texas. It hurt and really blistered. It left minor scaring but I would rather have the scar then the tattoo.

The second tattoo I am having removed in another state using intense pulse light and I have gone 8 times now at $200 a visit and it has only faded about half way. This type of removal is very tame and I don't expect scarring but I don't expect this method to work like the first.

If you have the option and you really want it gone then I would use the Photoderm method because of the cost and effectiveness.

Just checking in, have you ever achieved successful removal? Would love an update!!
Where in arlington, texas did you get it done at? the photoderm?
DON'T USE IPL FOR TATTOO REMOVAL!!!

The removal process requires a very high power density pulse to shatter the ink. IPL systems cannot generate these power densities. Only Q-switched lasers can.

Find a clinic/office which offers either a Nd:YAG, ruby or Alexandrite laser.

You were very lucky with your first treatment (Photoderm - what an appalling machine that was!). The ink must have been superficial to achieve a reasonable result. You were lucky you didn't get a nasty scar.

He is a nice guy and doesn't appear to judge.