Tattoo Removal Not Really Worth It - Costa Mesa, CA

Hi, when i was younger (14) i hung around the...

hi, when i was younger (14) i hung around the wrong people and got alot of things tattooed i wish i hadn't. when i was 16. i had someone butcher a tattoo on my arm. it was quite a large piece. i opted to get tattoo removal and began working my way to saving money for the removals which was 250 a session, i did about 13 sessions which faded alittle. and when i say A LITTLE i mean alittle. i was left with raised skin, keloids, and scars. needless to say i stopped going for the removals mostly because i was very financially unstable. i got a cover up over the tattoo. but there are still laser keloids on it.

so words of advice for those who are thinking about removal if you have the MONEY and patience for it, go for it. but if you are financially unstable. it is not worth it. i know how it feels to have something you don't like. but with this economy paying 250 a session each for a tattoo to fade maybe 2% each time is not worth it. the best thing to do is have patience, and wait for maybe a new method of tattoo removal to come.

just tattoo removal in general, i am very skeptical about.

Tattoo removal creams do not work. I have had my tattoo a long time, and I went to a dermatologist back in the mid 80's to have it removed, and he did a small test spot with the laser that left a raised scar. I decided to wait for the laser technology to advance, and read extensively about the q-switched laser, and went for it. I have had one treatment, and I'm looking forward to my second.

Hi Discomix,

You should check out this forum from permanent makeup. They talk about lightening creams. I myself have never used any, but you should check out this review from lydia_alice, she is documenting the removal of her tattoo on her blog using a cream of sorts. Hope this helps. Keep me updated,

Thanks,

-Britt

hi britt, :)
and yes they probably did tattoo really deep. but i didn't have keloids or scars. it was a pain being left with keloids because i had to go get keloid injections on top of everything, which was 200 per time, which doesnt sound like alot compared to other things but for a student going to two schools and paying tuition it sucked. i knew it would take longer to lighten but by the 13th session i really expected it to lighten at least 25% lightened but it was ill say roughly 6% lightened which was a downer. and ive never tried lightening creams, do you know if they really work?
-ll

Hi discomix,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. You had mentioned someone butchered a tattoo on your arm when you were younger, did they possibly tattoo to deep and that is why it is taking longer to lighten. Have you tried any lightening creams? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,