37 Years Old Smart Lipo to Abdomen, Flanks - Cosmetic laser studio, Lexington, SC

Good Morning, I decided to write a review because...

Good Morning, I decided to write a review because this site was very helpful to me in deciding to do smart lipo. I met with my doctor last week and actually had smart lipo to my abs and flanks done yesterday at 130. I have on my compression garnet still from yesterday so I have no idea what I look like underneath yet. I am going back this morning to have smart lipo done on lower back (love handles). The procedure was a but uncomfortable at times. I was given some good meds that made me feel calm however i did feel some pokes and a ticklish feeling at times. The procedure took 3 hours and they took 2 liters out. I weighed 136 and i am 5'3" the morning of surgery. I have 2 precious children and although I can wear a size 6 I have a "mommy apron" that just never seems to get any smaller. The day I had my consultation my doctor was very honest with me and told me that a tummy tuck would give me a tighter more bikini ready result even though she does not even perform this surgery. however the thought of major surgery and more down time just does not seem worth it to me. She said that my stomach would be flat from the procedure and that my skin would tighten up some. She has answered all of my questions in a very honest and open manner. She and her staff have been caring and patient with me.. The honesty of what she realistically believes my results will be is why I chose her as well as smart lipo. I got home last night (hubby drove) and felll asleep for most of the rest of the night. I woke up and noticed that i had leaked through the compression garnet on the right side and also had a burning feeling around my belly button. I took 1 tylenol and went back to sleep util 5. I feel a bit tender but could literally go for a walk around my neighborhood right now. I will post some before pics as well as weekly progress pics so others can see what my experience and results will be. So far the worst part is feeling like I am wearing a wet bathing suit. I was told not to shower this morning because I will be back for my next procedure anyways this morning at 8. If I was not going back then I could take a shower and wash my compression garnet so I would feel a lot fresher! So far I am given this procedure an thumbs up and would recommend.
Thank you for sharing your story and I look forward to seeing pics!  It's so nice to hear about such honesty from doctors :).  I hope your pain remains manageable and improves quickly, and that the procedure today went great!
Dr. Dee Carter

Dr. Carter is patient, caring, open and kind. She willing and kindly talk to me about all my concerns and was very honest with me about what I can expect through-out the next 6 months.