Just Beginning...- Corpus Christi, TX

I got my first of 29 aligners yesterday. I was...

I got my first of 29 aligners yesterday. I was shopping and so I did not put them on until around 4 in the afternoon. Luckily I had no problems getting them in or out. I've had a bit of rubbing irritation on my lower lip due to the sharp plastic on one of my bottom teeth. A bit of my daughters orthodontic wax took care of that. Like some of the rest of you- after putting in the trays and seeing the bumps for the buttons, which I get in 2 weeks, I really 2nd guessed getting these things. I even said out loud...I should hAve just saved 1k$ and went with the ceramic braces! Well it's only day 2 and I am feeling better. The spit accumulation under the trays seems to have gotten better- gross I know. Going to be a pain removing and brushing for each meal, but I knew all about that before I started so I can't complain too much!! Btw- my dentist is a premier provider in Corpus Christi, Tx, and was running a summer special $4,700- this included 4 retainers at the end, plus whitening.

12 Days In...

So I am on day 12 of my first trays. It is not too terrible so far. I have had some soreness and raw spots on my lips- but nothing that a little ortho. wax and advil couldn't cure. I go back in 2 days to get my buttons "installed" and to pick up my next 3 sets of trays. I am really starting to get used to these things, however, I do think it is going to be a long 14 months!! Like some other reviewers, I have started carrying a bottle of water around because my mouth does get dry. I am a teacher so I do a ton of talking all day so I need a lot of water to refresh my dry mouth. I have also noticed my lips seem to be more dry and chapped feeling since I have started Invisalign. I will eventually get some pictures posted.

Before Pics

Buttons??? Check!!!

Got my buttons put on today. Not nearly as bad as I thought they'd be...really not bad at all. They are not very noticeable at all. I will say though, they do make removing the trays a bit more difficult. I am afraid I could pop one off.

Buttons

It sounds like you are off to a great start! Glad to hear you had some orthowax on hand. That initial getting used to things period can be a challenge, but it sounds like you are doing well dealing with the challenges.

Keep us posted on how things are looking and feeling!