Fraxel for Sun Damaged Skin: Had 1st Treatment 5 Days Ago - Corpus Christi, TX

I am a 56 year female who worshiped the sun and...

I am a 56 year female who worshiped the sun and now I am paying the price for it. I have vertical lines on my cheeks and thought fillers would work but after a consultation they suggested the fraxel would work better on those lines, other age spots and basically give my skin back the healthy glow that I am missing and stimulate collagen once again.

The cost above is for 4 treatments each spaced 30 days apart. They applied numbing cream and although the first "hit" surprised me - I quickly got used to it - the laser has a cooling tip on the end of it which helps as they are pulsing it into your skin. My face looked very good afterwards and she said it tolerated it very well. They ended up "hitting" with the laser a total of 1090 times!

I came home with just a feeling of a sunburn. My mistake was not putting ice on my face within the first 24 hours as it did swell and I felt like I looked like a monster so I have been inside for the past 5 days. Yesterday was the first day I began to see the wrinkles again so I knew the swelling was going down but my eyes remain a little puffy underneath.

My skin does have little tiny bumps on it but they appear to just come off each time I cleanse and I do notice some areas of discoloration but I was told that is normal. I have 3 more treatments left and they have to be 30 days apart for each one. I am not to put anything on my face except the cleanser they gave me and then when I do venture outside I have to use sunscreen.

I am excited about the whole experience but the changes will be gradual - not overnight. I will post photos later on today. Overall I am glad I have started this and presumably will use a self-tanner for my face as I love to be outside.

Wow, your review is one of the first I have read where you mentioned the discomfort wasn't that bad while having Frazel done. You mentioned you used the numbing cream, did you take anything else before the appointment to help manage the discomfort?

Doucet & Strain Aesthetic Laser and Wellness Center

The office is wonderfully staffed - the room they put you in is like a spa setting so it helps relax you. Loved the esthetician and I like the fact that I can pay for each treatment individually (although I will end up paying an extra $200.00 for not purchasing the package all at once but being on a fixed income - this was the best route for me!