Scar Revision - Coronado, CA

I was so self conscious about this for 24 years...

I was so self conscious about this for 24 years and needed to feel more myself and less defined by my obvious scar.

24 years ago I had an appendectomy and the resulting scar left my stomach looking deformed with an unflattering indent (visible even through clothes). After years of people questioning me about the very obvious scar I decided to see Dr. Jaibaji for a scar revision. He recommended the scar be excised and released from the muscle. The the consult was very informative and I was given a realistic picture of what I could expect from the procedure. There was no pressure on what I should do. Just information on a few ways we could go about getting the results I hoped for and what he thought would work best. I had about 10 cm of the old scar removed a new thinner scar made. Dr. Jaibaji used dissolvable sutures which was great... no going in to have them removed. The procedure took about 20-30 minutes from the local injection of lidocaine to the last stitch. The only pain I felt was the injection- but it was not bad at all. After the procedure I only took a few of the vicodin prescribed because the pain was mild. I did have to take it easy for about 2-3 weeks while the scar tissue formed. No swimming for 6 weeks. So if you are considering scar revision (mine was pretty significant) keep that fact in mind.

It is now a year later and the scar looks great. I feel more comfortable in clothes and even wear bikinis to the beach :) I would recommend this procedure to anyone who has a scar they feel self conscience about. Dr. Jaibaji is a very talented surgeon. He was very attentive and focused on the procedure. His patient coordinator Karina is so sweet and gets back to you really quickly. I have sent friends and family to him after I had my procedure and they were all very pleased with their results as well.

Hello, can you post your before and after photos. I also have the long scar on my stomach due to the appendectomy when i was a child. I would be appreciate for your sharing as i am looking for all choices of scar treatment. Thank you!

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for sharing your results with us.

How wonderful you are now able to wear a bikini with confidence!!   I am so happy you were able to obtain the ultimate results you wanted.  Good deal.

San Diego Plastic Surgeon