5 months post and feeling better than ever! *NEW PICS*- Corona, CA

So I have finally decided to join all of you...

So I have finally decided to join all of you wonderful ladies. I figure why not help others make the best decision like you all have helped me. A little about me. I am a 28 yr old happily married mother of 3 beautiful children ages 11, 3 and 9mon. I have always wanted a tummy tuck since I had my first child but I was so slender and tall it really didn't bother me that my tummy was a little pudgy. It was not until after I had my 3rd child April of 2013 that I started to do more research and push the issue with my husband. My last pregnancy really took a toll on me and I was literally devastated after I got home from the hospital and finally saw what my tummy looked like. I stood in the mirror and cried and my husband looked at me with the most helpless look ever. Even after having my first two children my stomach did not sag and that's what bothers me the most. Also the fact that my hernia and stomach stick out more now. This tummy tuck is going to be a dream come true for me and I can hardly wait for the day to come.

I am 5'8 1/2, 163lbs my goal weight by my surgery date is to be between 150-155lbs. My pre pregnancy weight before I had my last baby was 150. My bra size is 36D and I currently wear a size 10 in pants/jeans. My procedure date is 03/18/2014

I can't wait to see your results!!
Best wishes :)

My wish pics are of myself!!!

I am very realistic when it comes to what I want to look like. Really I just want my body to be back to the way it was before I had my third child (Plus a very flat stomach with the help of a tummy tuck.) 2012 was a VERY good year for me as far as my weight went. I was a size 8 and extremely happy at that size. Here are a few pics of my former self. I'm not too far away from what I want to be luckily. All four of these pics were weight loss after my first two kids before I got pregnant with my third in 2012.

Wishing you lots of luck and hoping you get the results that you desire... Looking forward to seeing your updates.
Thank you. You are looking extremely good!! Your doctor did a wonderful job.
Good luck. Hope all goes well on special day. Will follow your journey. Wish you all the best:)

Met with my doctor today

I met with my doctor and went to put down my deposit today. Putting down my deposit made things more real for me. I'm still in disbelief I'm even getting this procedure done. Today while meeting with Dr. Chung I was able to ask more questions and he took his time answering them. Meeting with him again confirmed just why I chose him as my doctor. He's very down to earth, a great listener and he not only answers my questions he explains them in detail. I'm officially counting down the days until March 18!!!

Good luck can't wait to see your results :)
Good luck!!!
Thank you!

Counting down the days!

In the meantime I have been reading others reviews and tt experiences. I am extremely excited and ready. I have a lot of support from my family and I will have plenty of help. My mother in law is flying in from Houston March 11th and is going to stay with us until April 30. I know that's a long time but she is going to be a big help and we get along wonderfully so that makes it even better. My husband will be taking leave from March 12 to the 27 and my mom will take the kids from time to time to help out. I wanted to post a pic of the beautiful dress my husband ordered for me from my fav store in the world lol Express. I NEVER wear form fitting dresses because I would not be caught dead in one without a completely flat tummy. It was very nice of him to order a goal dress to get into. I can't wait to wear it a couple months later or however long it takes after surgery.

Love that dress! I would like to have it too!!!!
Love your review, your beautiful! You're going to look amazing when it's all said. & done. ~Blssings
You're going to be beautiful as you already are. But trust me, we all know how you feel. I am 3 days PO and the day of my surgery I knew I made the best decision for myself. I've been unhappy with my body for 10 whole yrs so this is both a physical and mental change for me. I can't wait to follow your story and procedure. But I can already tell that you will be fabulous! :-)

Finally ordered a CG

I ordered my CG yesterday and it was shipped out the same day. I'm excited to receive it. What I like about it is it has 3 or 4 rows of hooks to adjust to my desired tightness. I ordered it from caribbeanshape.com and used a 5% off coupon and got free shipping.

Thank you. I can't wait to pull that bad boy out and show off my flat tummy.
Thank you! You are looking VERY good. I enjoy reading your updates.

Pre Op Appointment

I had my pre op appointment today. My husband and I asked whatever questions came to mind and Dr. Chung did a lot of explaining about the surgery and what to expect afterwards. I also got all my prescriptions filled. I made my final payment and now I'm just playing the waiting game. I CAN'T WAIT I have been wanting a tt for as long as I can remember. March 18th can't come any sooner. I am also close to my goal weight before surgery. I currently weigh 157 my goal before surgery is to be between 150-155 lbs.

How exciting you're so close to your date. Good luck. You will look amazing :)
You will have great results. Let me know if you have any questions!
I most certainly will. Thank you.

My Surgery day is almost here!

Yay! I can't believe I will have a flat tummy on Tuesday. I am prepared and so excited.

Excited for you I'm on the flat side can't wait to c u here lol
Congrats to you. I will be joining you soon!
Congrats... You are right around the corner now!!!

I will be on the flat side tomorrow!!

My surgery is at 9:30am tomorrow. I just finished getting my last minute items and now I'm just waiting. When I started my review on RS I weighed 163 I am down to 157. My goal before surgery was to be between 150-155 I'm not going to beat myself up about it 6lbs down is better than no lbs lost at all.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I forgot to add...

Current Weight 157
Waist 30 1/2"
Hips 38 1/2"
Bra Size 36D
Height 5'8 1/2

Congrats and get well soon Im looking forward to your updates.

I don't know how I'm gonna sleep tonight

I still can't believe I am going through with this. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
All the best!!!!! Will be looking after your updates !
Good luck!!!

I am on the flat side!!!

I'm feeling pretty good post surgery. I thought I would be in a lot of pain. The actual incision doesn't bother me at all. It's my tummy that feels extremely sore. I am surprised at the amount of skin and fat the doc removed. I would have never thought I was carrying all that fat underneath. I still have not been able to see my tummy. Hopefully I will tomorrow when I ga back to see the docn

Happy healing!!!
Congrats! Hope you are well :)
Great to hear from you ! Congratulations !!!!

Sooo Happy!

Hello RS friends. I am extremely satisfied with my results. Despite having a lot of swelling I'm just thrilled. The surgery went very well. I'm not having a lot of pain mainly soreness times 100 in my tummy area.

You look amazing already! Congratulations!! I can't wait to see your progress! Happy healing friend!
I love how you put yourself, before your 3rd child as your wish pic. Your results looks good so far. So happy for you! Happy healing :)
You look fantastic!! Our body types look really similar so I hope to look as amazing as you do! You already look good and it's been 2 days! I love your Cute BB!!! I'll be following your journey. Congrats!!!

Drains SUCK!

The drains are my biggest issue right now. My incision does not bother me at all. The Dr. told me I may be able to take one drain out on Mon if so I'm really looking forward to that. I am still walking hunched over and my back hurts a little. I'm just taking it easy and getting up to walk every time I go to the bathroom. Well that's all for now. I will update with pics in a couple days.

Omg u look wonderful!
Wow! He did a great job congratulations, I'm hoping mine come out as great as yours 2 mo and two weeks to go.....you look good girl
Thank you. I'm really looking forward to feeling better and seeing the final results of my tt.

Feeling ok

Today I made smoothies for breakfast I can't believe how exhausted I was after I was done. I have not been having any real pain so I stopped taking the pain medication. I still take the muscle relaxer. I noticed that I get full very quickly I guess that's a good thing. I can't wait until I'm able to sleep on my sides instead of my back.

You do look amazing! :)
Thanks. You're going to look great you already have a nice shape
Thank you. I am very happy with my results. Good luck to you on your journey. You're going to look fabulous as well.

Taking this day by day

I'm feeling a little better today. As far as pain goes I'm not really experiencing an at this point. My back aches a little from being hunched over some. My tummy is still tight. My biggest issuse right now is having a bowel movement. I'm sure when that happens I will feel even better. Well that's all for now. I'm going to ask my mother in law to make pancakes for breakfast. Have a great day everyone.

I cant wait to see more pictures of ur tummy! I hope you have ur bm soon. I know for me coffee will do it. LOL. But not sure what u can have or not. I know a lot fruit will help too. Happy healing :-)
I will try and post more pics later. I know I definitely need to up my water intake. I have been eating my fair share of fruit. I have even been eating whole prunes!! I can't drink prune juice to save my life it's disgusting. I don't drink coffee or tea.
Congrats on finally taking the plunge! I am at 3 weeks and have ups and downs but its part of this process. Make sure you drink alto of water; it will help not only with swelling but with BM.

More Pics

It was hard for me to take the post op pics. I didn't realize how much the binder really holds you in and keeps you in place. I felt like I was going to fall apart without it. My crazy husband didn't want me to take it off to take pics at all. I told him everything would be fine. As soon as I was done taking pictures he wrapped me right back in it lol.

BTW how was your hernia diagnosed? I ask because I have been wondering if I have one.
You should have an awesome outcome.
I'm so loving ur results! You look beautiful! I can't wait for my transformation!

I'm going crazy!!

I'm so tired of laying on my back it's getting to be very uncomfortable. Trying to sleep in any other position is not even possible right now. My mother in law arrived March 11 and she doesn't leave until April 30. I definitely appreciate all of her help she has been wonderful but there is nothing like having privacy and doing what you want when you want to do it. I just need to feel 100% again. Right now I'm feeling like crap.

Every day a little stronger! Sorry you are having a tough time tonight. It's going to get better.
Thank you. I really am taking this recovery one day at a time.
The doctor could feel it protruding out. I stood up and he had me cough a few times while he felt around. It was very easy to diagnose. I had an umbilical hernia it was right by my naval.

One drain down. One more to go!

I met with my doc today and had one of my drains taken out. It didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. Actually there was no pain at all. Just a very weird feeling. I was finally able to have a bowel movement after a week. Man do I feel so much better. My doc suggested that I pick up a suppository on my way home. That thing worked wonders lol. I must be like 3lbs lighter. Not much else going on just taking it easy and getting some much needed rest.

You are so pretty girl!!! Results already look great!!! One day at a time an rest an drinks lots of water!!! I have some pics of what was removed as well but didn't post cause of grossing anyone out!! That was a lot off of you girl!!! Welcome to the flat side xoxox
Thank you. I'm making a point to drink more water. I was very surprised at all the fat I had underneath all that extra skin. I'm just glad it's all gone now.
That's awesome you finally had a BM!! Lol I've been so regular since having this operation that it's kinda making me wonder, if because of my severe diastasis recti, that I've been holding onto extra poop (because of having NO muscle tone whats so ever)?!

Another day with Henry :(

I really am going insane because my drain has a name lol!!! Not much going on. My next big milestone will be getting this second drain out I am praying that happens before the end of this week. I also can't wait to see my incision. My doc wants me to keep the tape that is over it in place for now. I'm still walking hunched over slightly. I can't wait to look back at all this and it all be a distant memory. For now I'm just going to take it easy and enjoy the ride.

You are beautiful!
Thank you and you look absolutely amazing!
You look GREAT! Congratulations!

I'm feeling A LOT better today

* I am having 0 pain
* I was able to sleep on my left side last night
* The ends of my incision are itching
* From the bottom of my breast bone to my naval I can feel pulling. It is uncomfortable but doesn't hurt. The pulling is the only issue that is preventing me from standing completely upright.
* I still have my right drain in
* Last but not least I'm bored out of my mind!

You look amazing! Great results! Thanks for sharing.
Sounds like your doing well for the most part! Congrats . You look awesome !
You look amazing! Take it easy. It'll get better!

No more drains! 3-29-14

I got my drains out today!!! I'm sooo happy! I love my Dr he took the time out of his day to meet myself and my husband on his day off. His office is closed on the weekend. I also got the chance to see my incision. It is more than I expected I'm very pleased Dr. Chung did an exceptional job.

My day was spent looking for a new cg because the faja that I ordered online would not even fasten. I could hardly believe it! I was able to fasten the faja before my surgery. I know I'm still experiencing swelling but geesh. I already feel so slim even with the swelling I can't imagine myself being any thinner once the swelling is gone. I will post more pics of my progress soon.

So do you still like your new CG? I'm thinking about getting another one too because I'm having the same problem with the swelling.
Yes I do. I wasted money ordering the faja CG. I'm not even going to bother returning it. I love the one I got from VS it does the job very well.
Oh you finally got all your drains out! Good for u chica :-) :-)

My day was very good

Each day really does get better. This whole process takes a lot of time and patience. I am pretty much doing everything I was doing before surgery except for exercising and sex. My husband and mother in law insists that I don't pick up our humongous 28lb 12 month old lol. I still can't sleep on my stomach but I can sleep perfectly fine on my sides and back. When I wake up my belly is nice and flat but of course by the end of the day I have lots of swelling. Either way I'm loving my results and I'm excited to see even more progress.

Whats VS ??(pink)?
Victoria's Secret

I have reached 2 weeks HOORAAAY!

So today is my 2 week mark of course I have to update with new progress pics. Things just keep getting better as the days go by. I'm so glad I did this and I'm even happier I chose the right doctor to do the job.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Current Stats

Current Weight 155
Waist 30"
Hips 38"
Bra Size 36D
Pant Size 6/8

You look amazing! Did you have a full TT or mini?
Thank you! I had a full.
One of the best tummy tucks I have seen!

6 Weeks Hooraaaay!!

Current Weight 152
Waist 28"
Hips 38"
Bra Size 34D
Pant Size 6

You look great. Your belly reminds me of mine after my 2nd child. #s 3 and 4 finished the job off. Lookin' good girl!

New Pics and brief update

Everything has gone so well. I have been so grateful to have a wonderful and supportive family through this all. I have had NO complications thankfully. I resumed working out at 4 weeks and that has been fine. My tummy is still pretty tight. I am afraid to do crunches so I will hold off on that for a little while longer.

The joys of clothes shopping!!! Lol you can't keep me out of the store these days. I LOVE the way my clothes fit now. I'm so happy I don't have to worry about pulling down my shirt who left sitting or worrying about if a certain top can conceal my tummy area. It's a great feeling to be able to wear anything and the only worry is whether or not I want to wear it today!

You look great! Happy 1 month and 1/2 anniversary!! I am counting down the days to get to that point.
You look really good as well. Take it easy and happy healing. It gets better as the days go by.
Your belly used to look exactly like mine. You look completely amazing now! Congratulations and enjoy.

The gym is my second home!

I just finished a really good workout at the gym. My previous goal weight was 150 but now I would like to be able to fluctuate between 147 to 150. I do not want to see my weight above 150. I alternate between doing brisk walks outside, workout dvd's and going to the gym and doing the elliptical and treadmill. I set the resistance on the elliptical at 15 and the treadmill incline at 4.5 and speed at 4.3. I realize now that people run at a speed of 4.3 but I AM NOT A RUNNER! I absolutely HATE running. Brisk walking has always worked fine for me and it has always been the main factor for my weight loss.

Loving the results!!! were u able to stand straight at day 8 po? I'm planning on doing this surgery but I work at an office as a receptionist and I'm only geting a total of 11 days off to heal. Do you think I'll be fine? I do sit all day
Thank you. I was standing straight but I had to force myself to stand upright fully. Since your job involves you sitting down all day you should definitely be fine.
Another milestone! Congrats on being able to go to the gym. :)

Beach Ready

Yesterday I had an amazing day at the beach with my family. It felt so good to not have to try and conceal my stomach. I never realized how many women wore bikinis. Mostly younger girls that looked to be in their early twenties. I'm glad to be apart of that group now.

I would have worn a swimsuit but my swimsuits from last year are humongous and my new swimsuits from Victoria's Secret have not yet arrived.

You look really good, I'm so happy for you. I hope to be on the flat side by end of July. all the best.
Thefabme, what date in July is ur surgery schedule?

Trying on my swimsuits

I just love Victoria's Secret's swimsuits. I bought 3 of the same bottoms in different colors and 4 of the same tops in different colors. I'm going to mix and match them up and that will allow me to have more options. The bottoms arr suppose to be high rise but they fit like regular bikini underwear to me. All of Victoria's Secret's other bottoms that aren't high rise are extremely low! I love the bottoms I got they cover my incision perfectly. I even emailed VS to let them know that they need to make more colors and prints in the high rise bottom lol.

I have also reached my weight goal and I'm super excited about that. I have been fluctuating between 149 and 150lbs. I couldn't be happier.

we'll be surgery bodies :)

Life is GREAT!

I can't believe I'm almost at my 3 month mark. I really don't have much to update except for the fact that I'm thoroughly enjoying my new tummy. I have been maintaining my weight just fine. I fluctuate between 148-150. This tt procedure has been the best decision of my life!!

You have beautiful results !
Hello Ma'am, just stopping by to say hi!!!! Hope you're doing well n still loving ur results.
Hello to you and thank you!!

Where does the time go?!

I still feel really good. I feel as if I never even had the surgery. I'm enjoying my new self so much. Here's a few pics. Good luck to everyone on your journey!

So gorgeous! !!
You look fantastic!
Thank you!
Corona Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Chung is an amazing Dr. I made no mistake when choosing him. I felt like this procedure was a one time thing. There is no room for errors or mistakes. I really felt at ease with Dr. Chung. Most importantly I felt at ease the first time I met with him that meant a lot to me.