Taking Care of Me - Coral Springs, FL

Hi everyone! I'm a mom of three kids ages 12, 7...

Hi everyone! I'm a mom of three kids ages 12, 7 and 4. I suffer from PCOS and have struggled with my weight since my 20s. For the past few months I have focused and eating healthier and exercising I have gone from 220 lbs to 166 lbs. I'm excited at the thought of having this done but nervous too. Looking forward to getting some support here.

Expense Worries

Hi guys

So I'm starting to get concerned about the cost of the surgery. I put 10% deposit down in order to hold my date and now have an 8900 balance. I plan to put down another 2000 cash and the rest I am hoping to finance through care credit. Have any of you used care credit, if so was it a good experience? Thanks in advance for any help.

Aside from the financial worries I am also concerned about where I should be staying since I am going to be having this done out of state. If anyone has any suggestions or personal experience I'd love to hear them.

Change in date

This morning I got a call from the surgeons office and they wanted to find out if I had booked my flights yet. After informing them I had not yet booked flights they proceeded to tell me he was not doing surgeries that day and I would need to change the date. I guess it's not big deal and now my surgery has been moved up by a couple of days. Preop is now July 7 and surgery is July 8th. I am so nervous and the surgery is still months away. I feel bad leaving the kids for ten days but I really want to do this for me. Did anyone return home with drains still in that needed to be removed.

Dr Azurin passed away

I received a call today canceling my surgery. Dr. Azurin passed away three weeks ago and they are in negotiations for a new surgeon. Back to the drawing board.

New Surgeon and updated photos

So I am now having a full tummy tuck with lipo on 7/8 with Dr. Hochstein. I was so nervous having to find another surgeon as Dr Azurin did beautiful work. I looked into many other options and really liked Dr Hochstein his office was very professional and he took the time to call me personally out of state and discuss photos with me. Excited for July to get here. Adding new photos these took a lot to add but produced the courage.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr Hochstein in Miami

Oh, BTW, if you're considering coming to South Florida for your surgery, keep in mind JULY is VERY HOT!!! - It can be a little uncomfortable, even though has A/C everywhere ....
So sad that Dr. A Passed away - I was considering him also - I'm booked for Dr. Hochstein on May 13th - Wish me luck!! :)
Unfortunately July is the only time I can have the surgery done due to work schedule and child care issues. However I am sure it will be uncomfortable because it will hot. I was devastated to find out about Dr Azurin's death will be having the surgery done with Dr. Hochstein also on July 8th. Good luck can't wait to hear all about your surgery. What did you decide to have done?
Oh well, It's hot, but not impossible!! :) - That's how SowFlorida rules anyway :P - May is my surgery, and it'll be hot too, but a little better than July....- I'm doing BA and TT - I can't wait for us to be done with this!! :) - Good Luck!
Hi, I went to Dr. A in Oct. 2013 and I live across the country in CA. I rented a home using homeaway.com .
Thank you for the suggestion. I looked today and saw some possibilities.
Dr. A is AMAZING!!! HE DID MY TT/Lipo AND 3 months later i came back & he did my BL w/ Augmentation. His work is seriously PHENOMENAL!!!!!!
By the way you look great. Thank you so much for the feedback on Dr A I've doubted whether or not to go to him since he is out of state for me but I just love the results he achieves.
Just letting you know - Dr. Azurin's office cancel my App. for next week - and they want to reschedule it for 3 months from now - :( - I won't make my consultation with him - :( - Good Luck!!!
Wow I can't believe they wanted to reschedule you three months out just for a consultation that's insane. Thanks same to you!
I bet you're going to look great!! Keep posting :)
Take a look on "Miamimom" profile - She did with Dr. Azurin, and stayed in the Marriot Hotel....
Hi Pal, Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!! I have PCOS too, this sucks!!! :( - I have a consultation with Dr. Azurin by the end of Jan/2014 - What make you choose him!? Thanks!!
I would love to hear all about your consultation please kept me posted.
Sure, I'll keep you posted!! But today, I went to Dr. Hochstein. I really like him!!
Congrats and glad you loaned us here on RS! I think you'll find lots of great info and support, I know I have. Good job on your weight loss journey, awesome results. Best wishes as you gather the info you need to make your decision.
Welcome to the community.  Wow you have done an amazing job with the weight loss.  Keep up the great work and it will pay off in the end.  The closer you can get to your ideal weight, the better the results.

We will all be here to help support you through the process.  What have you done so far for prep?
Hi guys. I chose Dr Azurin after reading some of the reviews here and seeing some of his results. I live in NY and the prices were outrageous and I just didn't love the work.