Early 20's Restylane for Lips - Coral Gables, FL

Unfortunately i don't have a before picture...

Unfortunately i don't have a before picture because i kind of did this on a whim.

My upper lip was bigger than my bottom lip. Since i have a long prominent jaw I felt that i would look better if my bottom lip was filled in. I was sooooo nervous, i've never had injections before. I was scared I was going to come out looking like those duck face girls, especially being in Miami, lord knows doctors abuse fillers.

Anyway, i bought 1 syringe, freaking ridiculously expensive at $650 and i felt totally guilty until i got home and took a look in the mirror and REALLY liked my result. It looks so natural! We only used half a syringe in the bottom lip. I'll be going back in two weeks to see if any touch ups can be made and to inject a little on the top. Dr.Bared didn't want to do too much at once and wanted to make sure i liked the result.

Left the office looking like nothing happened. I love it.

UPDATE NOT SO GREAT

Meh, i'm only about a couple weeks in and the plumpness has gone down significantly, i can't really see much of a difference in my lips. I don't think i would do this again, for the price, it doesn't seem worth it and it wears out realllyyy fast.

i would look into perma lip before getting restylane injections again.

i forgot to mention

although i wouldn't pay for another round, i still have a little less than half a syringe left so i will be going back in a week or so to finish using the product. Dr.Bared used a little over half a syringe for my bottom lip and we agreed i would come back in two weeks to finish the syringe using a little bit in my top lip and the rest in the bottom. i'll update with photos then and my feelings. Perhaps i just needed more?

I just think that permalip might be a better investment, as the procedure runs around 1200 (or so i've read) and is supposedly permanent while one syringe of restylane is 650 and lasts 6 months so by the second syringe you're already at 1300. seems worth looking into the pros and cons.

as a side note, restylane, upon your doctors skill i'm sure, has the ability to look VERY natural which is something i like. for the first 5 days it was a little hard but now it feels extremely normal. I can definitely see why women use this filler for the face. i would definitely consider using it in small amounts when i'm older to fill in wrinkles and such.

photo

it's still bigger than before but not as juicy/plump since the product settled.
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr.Anthony Bared was great. I originally came in for facial fillers, possibly botox and lip injections but he gave me his advice and suggested against everything except the lip injection. I appreciated his honesty and like that he only suggested things he thought would really help give me a natural positive result. Really happy with my result. It looks COMPLETELY natural and added the small subtle change i was looking for.