Contour Threads Just Sagged with the Rest of my Face After a Few Months

I got contour threads for the same reason everyone...

I got contour threads for the same reason everyone else does – because it’s marketed as a low-priced, non-surgical alternative to a facelift. In fact, I think it’s aimed at the not-so-elderly crowd of 50s-somethings like me too – people whose faces aren’t quite bad enough yet to warrant surgery.

When I went for my consultation everyone in the office talked it up like contour threads were going to be "the thing to get." I don’t really need the next big thing to feel great but this gave me confidence nonetheless.

I got four threads on each side to give the whole face a nice lift. The recovery was a little worse than I expected for a non-surgical procedure but all was well again in about a week. The whole process, including consultation and after care, cost $4,000.

And guess what? Afterwards, I loved the results! Everyone thought I had knocked ten years off my face and I had not a single side effect. Even my husband, who didn’t want me to get it done and thought it was a waste of money, actually liked the results. I was the happiest little contour thread ambassador in Texas.

Fast forward four months and I started to notice the results going downhill, and I was having tiny biting feelings in my face where the threads were. It was also really starting to bother me that I could feel something in there. The whole thing just felt “not right,” you know?

Today the results have completely gone to the point that I revisited my plastic surgeon two weeks ago and was told that he can fix it and give me a “real” facelift... for the right price, naturally.

I am deeply regretful and frankly, I expected more from professionals. You expect that salespeople will lie to get your money, but a doctor? It goes against any system of trust I’ve ever established with a health care professional. Needless to say, I won’t be going for that $8,000 facelift.